ECT Some tools for diagramming sentences

SaulToPaul 2

Lol - and yet, one word in Romans 1:11 - the word "establish" - continues to throw you off :chuckle:

:down:

ROmans 1
11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

Romans 16
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Danoh

ROmans 1
11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

Romans 16
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

I'm curious; what is your specific approach whenever you set out to attempt to get at the intended meaning of any word, and or phrase in Scripture?

For you appear to be missing a step.

Interplanner

I think that I'm on to something.

IP cannot understand us or the Bible because we both use a secret code called plain language.

No, because you violate grammar. This is a double problem when the original language actually has a spelling system for the cases, unlike its inferior cousin English.

SaulToPaul 2

When the club sees plain language and it does not support separate programs, it is no longer plain language.

Plain language shows the earth, the City, and the heavens filled with God's people....each with a different purpose, according to God's will.

You want to blend them because your commentaries have you as confused as a baby raccoon. You do not know how to sort these things out, so you water them down, and mix them. Foolish.

Danoh

ROmans 1

Romans 16

Lol - you answered every post on here but my question to you. Here it is, again...

I'm curious; what is your specific approach whenever you set out to attempt to get at the intended meaning of any word, and or phrase in Scripture?

For you appear to be missing a step.

Case in point: what exactly is your approach when attempting to arrive at the meaning of the word "established" there, in Romans 1:11?

For your past assertions that it is referring to getting the Romans into the Body, or some such...reveals you appear to be missing a step when doing a basic word, and or phrase study.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think that I'm on to something.

IP cannot understand us or the Bible because we both use a secret code called plain language.
101010.gif

Interplanner

You seem to think that God cannot get His Word out except in Greek. That's dumb.

No, he intentionally used a language with that kind of precision so that it would communicate. Your club is making gobbledegook out of it by: working in English and 2, diagramming English mistakenly.

Admit your mistakes and move forward.

SaulToPaul 2

No, he intentionally used a language with that kind of precision so that it would communicate. Your club is making gobbledegook out of it by: working in English and 2, diagramming English mistakenly.

Admit your mistakes and move forward.

Does one need to be a Greek expert in order to believe and understand the things God has said?