Some Anti Name-Calling Folks...

Agape4Robin

Lighthouse said:
How so? Would you care to show me how I am wrong?

I did.

You know, you aren't a very good TruthSmacker. You might want to consider changing your signature...:think:
Ooooohhhhhhh..................I'm sooooo concerned about your opinion of me........ :rolleyes:

Agape4Robin

lighthouse said:
Balderdash!

I know that out of the heart the mouth speaks. People show the intentions of the heart by what they say.

I used to say some of the same things you do, when I didn't want to be judged for the things I did, that I should not have been doing. Are you afraid of being judged?
By you? :chuckle:
Certainly not, but feel free .........if you think you can. :rolleyes:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
This is talking about spiritual discernment, not giving us a license to judge another's life.

When God tells us to judge, He's certainly not telling us to judge whether or not the weather's nice. He tells us to judge people's lives. You make a judgment concerning them spiritually and then He gives you directions on how to act depending upon what judgment you make. (Where's Knights "Judging for dummies" signature when you need it. :doh: )

Proverbs 24:25
...but to them that rebuke him shall be delight and a good blessing shall come upon them.

Proverbs 27:5
...Open rebuke is better than love carefully concealed.

Luke 7:43
Thou has judged rightly.

Luke 12:57
Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

1 Corinthians 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? How much more the things that pertain to this life?

Agape4Robin

Poly said:
When God tells us to judge, He's certainly not telling us to judge whether or not the weather's nice. He tells us to judge people's lives. You make a judgment concerning them spiritually and then He gives you directions on how to act depending upon what judgment you make. (Where's Knights "Judging for dummies" signature when you need it. :doh: )

Proverbs 24:25
...but to them that rebuke him shall be delight and a good blessing shall come upon them.

Proverbs 27:5
...Open rebuke is better than love carefully concealed.

Luke 7:43
Thou has judged rightly.

Luke 12:57
Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

1 Corinthians 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? How much more the things that pertain to this life?

Luke 7:43 is a dialogue between Jesus and Simon. Jesus asked Simon which of the two debtors He described would love the money lender more. And Simon "answered" correctly. He discerned the truth of the parable. Meanwhile, there was the woman who was kneeling at the feet of Jesus weeping and wiping Jesus's feet with her hair. She was labeled as a sinner by the Pharisee, but did Jesus rebuke her? Did he call her a whore? No, He showed her compassion.

Luke12:57 is Jesus's teaching the disciples about the interpretation of the times. In particular, He was talking about being reconciled with your enemy.
Hhhmmm...... :think:

1Cor.6:3 is Paul telling the corinthian church to handle disputes among themselves instead of going to court. This was a problem and was setting a bad example to those who were watching how they as christians were behaving.

Sounds to me like you like to use scripture by your concordance with out actually reading it in context.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Luke 7:43 is a dialogue between Jesus and Simon. Jesus asked Simon which of the two debtors He described would love the money lender more. And Simon "answered" correctly. He discerned the truth of the parable. Meanwhile, there was the woman who was kneeling at the feet of Jesus weeping and wiping Jesus's feet with her hair. She was labeled as a sinner by the Pharisee, but did Jesus rebuke her? Did he call her a whore? No, He showed her compassion.

Luke12:57 is Jesus's teaching the disciples about the interpretation of the times. In particular, He was talking about being reconciled with your enemy.
Hhhmmm...... :think:

1Cor.6:3 is Paul telling the corinthian church to handle disputes among themselves instead of going to court. This was a problem and was setting a bad example to those who were watching how they as christians were behaving.

Sounds to me like you like to use scripture by your concordance with out actually reading it in context.

And in all of the above, people's lives were being judged which is something you said we do not have a license to do. God doesn't seem to have a problem in giving His people this license as long as they judge rightly.

Agape4Robin

Poly said:
And in all of the above, a person's LIFE was being judged. Something you said we do not have a license to do. God doesn't seem to have a problem in giving His people this license as long as we judge rightly.
But in none of those cases was there any name calling.
Luke 12 was Jesus teaching.
Luke7 was a parable...presumably not a real person.

And in 1Corinthians, Paul was asked to instruct the believers in that church.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Robin-
You're missing the point of the woman who washed Jesus' feet. She was submitting to Him. No reason to point out ot her how vile she was. She knew. And she was disgusted by herself, and wanted to be free.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
But in none of those cases was there any name calling.

Did I say there was? No. Probably because that's not what we were talking about.

I'll go real slow like for ya this time. You said...

Agape4Robin said:
This is talking about spiritual discernment, not giving us a license to judge another's life.

to which I responded with verses that show that God doesn't have a problem with us judging "another's life" as long as we do it in the correct way.

If we were talking about name calling, I would have listed verses where Jesus called people names but instead, I listed verses concerning judging since that's what we're talking about here at the moment and I like to stay on topic.

Agape4Robin

lighthouse said:
Robin-
You're missing the point of the woman who washed Jesus' feet. She was submitting to Him. No reason to point out ot her how vile she was. She knew. And she was disgusted by herself, and wanted to be free.
But the pharisee did point it out. Jesus could have judged her for her sin, but because of her repentance He forgave her. I didn't bring out that scripture, Poly did. She said we have the right to judge other people's very lives. There is a fine line between judging a person for what they do, or wether or not you as a christian should continue to hang out with them. However,actions are not always what defines a person. You cannot look into their heart and judge what makes a person tick. To call names is childish and serves no good purpose, and you can't convince me otherwise.

Agape4Robin

Poly said:
Did I say there was? No. Probably because that's not what we were talking about.

I'll go real slow like for ya this time. You said...

to which I responded with verses that show that God doesn't have a problem with us judging "another's life" as long as we do it in the correct way.

If we were talking about name calling, I would have listed verses where Jesus called people names but instead, I listed verses concerning judging since that's what we're talking about here at the moment and I like to stay on topic.
You are the one who is off topic, dear heart. Read the name of the thread....
I am an anti-name calling "folk", but you seem to think that in calling names, it's really judging a person, so it's ok.
That is what I dispute.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
You are the one who is off topic, dear heart. Read the name of the thread....
I am an anti-name calling "folk", but you seem to think that in calling names, it's really judging a person, so it's ok.
That is what I dispute.

You cannot be this dense, really.

Did you realize around here that a topic could get started and then trails of other topics tend to form?

Yes, the initial topic is about name calling. But I responded to one post where you made a false statement about judging. Yes, those verses say nothing about name calling. I never said they did. Why would I since that's not what we were talking about at the moment? They do speak of judging which is what I was responding to because THAT is what we were talking about at the moment.

Agape4Robin

Poly said:
You cannot be this dense, really.

Did you realize around here that a topic could get started and then trails of other topics tend to form?

Yes, the initial topic is about name calling. But I responded to one post where you made a false statement about judging. Yes, those verses say nothing about name calling. I never said they did. Why would I since that's not what we were talking about at the moment? They do speak of judging which is what I was responding to because THAT is what we were talking about at the moment.
And I refute your claims that the scriptures you quoted were not about judging a person. They were instruction.

Don't be so condescending to me. I have treated you with respect and I expect the same from you. We obviously disagree....fine. But to resort to sarcasm and a condescending attitude toward a sister in Christ is just plain rude.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
But the pharisee did point it out.
And he had no room to, because she was submitting to the Lord!

Jesus could have judged her for her sin, but because of her repentance He forgave her.
DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! She was repentant! Do you understand that? And the difference between the repentant and unrepentant?

I didn't bring out that scripture, Poly did.
:noway:Really? She did?:rolleyes:

I can read, Robin. I was confronting your missing out on what happened in that instance.

She said we have the right to judge other people's very lives.
She is in complete agreement with Jesus.

There is a fine line between judging a person for what they do, or wether or not you as a christian should continue to hang out with them.
How can you judge whether or not you should hang out with them, if you don't even judge what they are doing?

However,actions are not always what defines a person.
How are they not? Actions speak louder than words.

You cannot look into their heart and judge what makes a person tick.
They reveal their hearts when they speak, [Jesus]"For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."[/Jesus]

To call names is childish and serves no good purpose, and you can't convince me otherwise.
Stubborness is childish. And you are very stubborn.

And I'd really like to see you tell Jesus He was being stubborn for calling the Pharisees vipers, and whitened sepulchres...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
And I refute your claims that the scriptures you quoted were not about judging a person. They were instruction.

Don't be so condescending to me. I have treated you with respect and I expect the same from you. We obviously disagree....fine. But to resort to sarcasm and a condescending attitude toward a sister in Christ is just plain rude.
:baby:

I can just picture Stephanie Tanner; "How rude.":rolleyes:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:

:darwinsm:

Agape4Robin said:

I guess this just slipped your mind. :rolleyes:

Agape4Robin said:
So if I called you a self righteous bit**, that would be ok?

Last edited:

Agape4Robin

lighthouse said:
And he had no room to, because she was submitting to the Lord!

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! She was repentant! Do you understand that? And the difference between the repentant and unrepentant?
Do you know the differnce between telling the truth in love and just being rude, disrespectful and condescending?

She is in complete agreement with Jesus.
:rolleyes:

How can you judge whether or not you should hang out with them, if you don't even judge what they are doing?
If you look at the people that Jesus "hung out" with, they were not all sinless folks.

How are they not? Actions speak louder than words.
So, you are defined by every mistake you have made?

Stubborness is childish. And you are very stubborn.
Because I won't use derogatory words when talking to a homosexual or a prostitute?..(just for example.)

And I'd really like to see you tell Jesus He was being stubborn for calling the Pharisees vipers, and whitened sepulchres...
Don't you worry about what I will have to account to Jesus for. You have your own explaining to do.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
That was a question.
So??

You could have made your point with a more respectful question yet you chose one that was very sarcastic and condescending so don't give me your baloney about how you've treated me with respect.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Do you know the differnce between telling the truth in love and just being rude, disrespectful and condescending?
Do you know the difference between love and sugar coating the truth?

Can you show otherwise?

If you look at the people that Jesus "hung out" with, they were not all sinless folks.
:duh:

And they all came to repentance, didn't they? And Pauls still wrote that we should not even eat with those who claim to be Christians but are living is willful disobedience.

So, you are defined by every mistake you have made?
When a man sleeps with a man, that is not a mistake. When a man and a woman commit adultery, it's not a mistake.

Because I won't use derogatory words when talking to a homosexual or a prostitute?..(just for example.)
Because you're convinced you're right, and aren't even willing to find out if you are or not. you're stubborn.

And a faggot is a faggot, just like a whore is a whore.

Don't you worry about what I will have to account to Jesus for. You have your own explaining to do.
See. You're afraid of being judged. Sounds like you're hiding something.:think: