Show me the good news

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes but I have seen some here that do not believe that Romans is part of the BOC.

Who?

There are things all over the Bible that are not for us. That doesn't mean you don't read and study it. Are you going to curse God and die? It's in the Bible.

achduke

Who?

There are things all over the Bible that are not for us. That doesn't mean you don't read and study it. Are you going to curse God and die? It's in the Bible.

You are correct that there are many things in the bible that does not apply to everyone. I see things a little different from most of the MAD people in that I think the believers are a part of Israel so that more of the bible applies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
:e4e:

No, Paul isn't talking about birds or chicks. He said "flock" referring to an assembly or gathering of people. And the wolves are people, too....not chicks...not chickens....just false prophets.

No, what his analogy does, is reflect that he is talking to the same people Jesus was.

Sheep.

Deal with it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think the believers are a part of Israel so that more of the bible applies.

I can prove you don't think this. I can prove you are engaging in what the "replacement theology" "covenants" and others call hyper-dispensatoinalism. They do it too, but don't want to admit it. They just want to apply what they want to apply. So they can be seen before men doing good works.

Do you keep Matthew 23? I can answer for you.

Matthew 23

1Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do

achduke

I can prove you don't think this. I can prove you are engaging in what the "replacement theology" "covenants" and others call hyper-dispensatoinalism. They do it too, but don't want to admit it. They just want to apply what they want to apply. So they can be seen before men doing good works.

Do you keep Matthew 23? I can answer for you.

Matthew 23

1Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do

Call me intrigued and I welcome any proofs you may have. As for Replacement Theology, I do not think that the church replaces Israel as traditional Replacement Theology is defined.

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We may be led by the Holy Spirit but does everyone really have the fullness of the Holy Spirit or even part?
No. Obviously not. But those people who go around believing and preaching that their understanding of God is infinite will always disagree.

A careful reading of the Bible shows us that God is only grasped through interpretation, not any form of inerrant absolutionism.

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
This snippet was obviously written down in the service of the Jesus people who felt under attack--or at least offended--by the beliefs of those who did not accept Jesus.

Everyone at one time or another has concluded that they “have the mind of Christ.” But that clearly is impossible. It does not make common sense.

John 5:30 I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.
There’s a great theological statement that shows both God and humanity are necessarily different: one infinite, one finite.

Philippians 2:1-2 1 So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.
I see this as a beseeching prayer that shows humanity’s dire incompleteness before God.

Look at the difference in the Apostles before Pentecost and after Pentecost.

Has everyone had their Pentecost moment?
I had my moment years ago and my moments now are merely revival.

Rev 3:3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.
John of Patmos’ Revelation is a metaphoric, theological attack on the horrific persecution of the Jesus people after the Roman/Jewish war.

The portrait of a bloodthirsty avenging Jesus is not reality. It is a metaphor at best.

Right Divider

Body part
True … and now Israel has the opportunity to join the Gentiles in body of Christ. During the millennial reign of Christ this situation flips once again.
While this is true, that is not what Peter was teaching to those that he was writing to. Many people, including you, read that INTO what Peter wrote.

That is very common BTW.

Why do you say that? (scriptures would be nice)
I guess that you need a single verse that tells you this. In reality, you need need scripture to support the idea that they are. Paul always refers to US as a body and never as a nation.

Actually it was Abraham but, Okay. However, I'm not real sure what your point is here.
The Israelites are his descendants and it still applies to them. In particular God singled out Jacob and changed his name to Israel.

“Neither Jew nor Greek” … thank you. That has been my point all along. Jew and Gentile now worship and have access to the same God through a faith that Jesus was and that He was who he said he was. By the same token the Apostles were all talking to the same people in that they were all made one, a nation if you will, through Jesus' sacrifice. You mentioned Gal 3. Here's part of what it says:

Gal 3: 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
This does not change what Peter writes to his people. I know that you like to ignore his references to the OT that are specifically about Israel, but that is your problem.

Oh, I quite agree. The point I was trying to make is that “Israel” and “the gentiles” have a common Lord, common fate and a common final mailing address. I think the notion that the faith and fate of these two being bifurcated is not supported by scripture.
Indeed, in the body of Christ there is no distinction. But, again, Peter is addressing the "royal priesthood" which is believing Israel and not the body of Christ which has NO priesthood.

These words were recorded for the admonition of any who would hear them.
That is complete nonsense. There was a SPECIFIC reason that He told them to do it. You need to learn about it.

I couldn't disagree more. Jesus plainly told them who He was at every turn. As it concerns the twelve and what they understood John alone stood at the cross and he records Jesus' words on the cross that lead you straight back to Psalm 22. The Apostle whom Jesus loved knew what he was looking at. As it concerns the rest I think Jesus' brief visit after His death sufficient to convince even Thomas. Now, if your referring to the notion that Jesus' sacrifice cleansed the gentiles as well through faith as reflected in his two dreams ... you're likely right.
Jesus spend at least 2 years teaching them about the kingdom and preaching the kingdom at hand and still had NOT told them that He would die. When He did tell them, they did not understand.

Even after His resurrection, they did not know many things about it.
Joh 20:9 KJV For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
The "preaching of the cross" as good news is uniquely Pauline. When Peter preached in Acts 2-5, Peter is preaching the kingdom and NOT the good news of the cross. Peter preached the condemnation of Israel for Jesus' death on the cross.

Yes. And so now Israel has lost it's place of preeminence in God's grand scheme but they will one day reclaim it … hopefully in the not too distant future.

I have. More times than I would care to mention. The point was “the elect” are made up of Jew and Gentile alike and Romans is one of many books to confirm this. They receive the same reward at the same time but now we have wandered into the subject of the first resurrection and that likely deserves its own thread.
The elect in Christ is not what Peter is writing in his epistles, you just read that INTO it because that's what the majority of people do.

IAnd they will both be members of the same nation ... those that have taken part in the first resurrection, that is.
Read it again, Israel has a leadership position in the earthly kingdom.
Isa 60:12-22 KJV For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted. (13) The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious. (14) The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel. (15) Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. (16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. (17) For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. (18) Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. (19) The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. (20) Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. (21) Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. (22) A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.
Make sure to compare this with the book of the Revelation:
Rev 21:23-27 KJV And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. (24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
While this is true, that is not what Peter was teaching to those that he was writing to. Many people, including you, read that INTO what Peter wrote.

That is very common BTW.

I guess that you need a single verse that tells you this. In reality, you need need scripture to support the idea that they are. Paul always refers to US as a body and never as a nation.

The Israelites are his descendants and it still applies to them. In particular God singled out Jacob and changed his name to Israel.

This does not change what Peter writes to his people. I know that you like to ignore his references to the OT that are specifically about Israel, but that is your problem.

Indeed, in the body of Christ there is no distinction. But, again, Peter is addressing the "royal priesthood" which is believing Israel and not the body of Christ which has NO priesthood.

That is complete nonsense. There was a SPECIFIC reason that He told them to do it. You need to learn about it.

Jesus spend at least 2 years teaching them about the kingdom and preaching the kingdom at hand and still had NOT told them that He would die. When He did tell them, they did not understand.

Even after His resurrection, they did not know many things about it.
Joh 20:9 KJV For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
The "preaching of the cross" as good news is uniquely Pauline. When Peter preached in Acts 2-5, Peter is preaching the kingdom and NOT the good news of the cross. Peter preached the condemnation of Israel for Jesus' death on the cross.

The elect in Christ is not what Peter is writing in his epistles, you just read that INTO it because that's what the majority of people do.

Read it again, Israel has a leadership position in the earthly kingdom.
Isa 60:12-22 KJV For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted. (13) The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious. (14) The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel. (15) Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. (16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. (17) For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. (18) Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. (19) The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. (20) Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. (21) Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. (22) A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.
Make sure to compare this with the book of the Revelation:
Rev 21:23-27 KJV And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. (24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. (26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. (27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Good post

Right Divider

Body part
I repeated what Jesus says, and you say that makes me behind.

Paul did not change what Jesus said. Jesus' words are forever for everyone.
You repeat SOME of what Jesus said. You leave some out. You misrepresent what He said because you refuse to understand it, even though many here have tried to help you for a very long time.

No, Paul did not change what Jesus said. But Jesus said MORE, OTHER things to Paul that you reject. You reject God's FURTHER revelation. Therefore, you are an enemy of God.

God's Truth

You repeat SOME of what Jesus said. You leave some out. You misrepresent what He said because you refuse to understand it, even though many here have tried to help you for a very long time.

No, Paul did not change what Jesus said. But Jesus said MORE, OTHER things to Paul that you reject. You reject God's FURTHER revelation. Therefore, you are an enemy of God.

I do no such thing.