Show me the good news

glorydaz

Acts 20:28 KJVA

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Looks like you got sum splainin' to do.

Could be a flock of birds.....

NOUN

1.a number of birds of one kind feeding, resting, or traveling together:
"a flock of gulls"

synonyms: flight · congregation · covey · clutch

VERB

1.congregate or mass in a flock or large group:
"students flocked to spring break sites"

synonyms: gather · collect · congregate · assemble · converge ·
[more]

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That kind of "evidence" is completely unconvincing and would be thrown out of court.

Paul signs all of his epistles:
2Th 3:17 KJV The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.
Rom 1:1 KJV Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

1Co 1:1 KJV Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2Co 1:1 KJV Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

Gal 1:1 KJV Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Eph 1:1 KJV Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Php 1:1 KJV Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Col 1:1 KJV Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

1Th 1:1 KJV Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Th 1:1 KJV Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

1Ti 1:1 KJV Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

2Ti 1:1 KJV Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Tit 1:1 KJV Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Phm 1:1 KJV Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,
Then we have HEBREWS:
Heb 1:1 KJV God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
I'd say that this is FAR better evidence that Paul did NOT write Hebrews.

Yep, my study Bible shows multiple authors for Hebrews, including some unknown authors and even Priscilla.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Could be a flock of birds.....

NOUN

1.a number of birds of one kind feeding, resting, or traveling together:
"a flock of gulls"

synonyms: flight · congregation · covey · clutch

VERB

1.congregate or mass in a flock or large group:
"students flocked to spring break sites"

synonyms: gather · collect · congregate · assemble · converge ·
[more]

So you have some other places in Paul's writings speaking of the body of Christ as birds?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yep, my study Bible shows multiple authors for Hebrews, including some unknown authors and even Priscilla.

Here then let me give you a clue.

This document is not preserved in it's entirety, there is no salutation that is preserved, it picks up after the salutation.

So by the rest of the wording it more closely resembles Paul than any other of the Apostles.

Gobeesh?

Right Divider

Body part
Hebrews

The letter closes with the words "Grace be with you all" (Hebrews 13:25), which is the same closing found in each of Paul's known letters (see Romans 16:20; 1 Corinthians 16:23; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Galatians 6:18; Ephesians 6:24; Philippians 4:23; Colossians 4:18; 1 Thessalonians 5:28; 2 Thessalonians 3:18; 1 Timothy 6:21; 2 Timothy 4:22; Titus 3:15; and Philemon 25). However, it should be noted that Peter (1 Peter 5:14; 2 Peter 3:18) used similar—though not identical—closings. Possibly that it was simply customary to close letters like this with the words "Grace be with you all" during this time period.

http://www.gotquestions.org/author-Hebrews.html
Paul starts EVERY ONE OF HIS EPISTLES with "PAUL".

HEBREWS is NOT written to the BODY OF CHRIST. Therefore, it would not matter if he did write it. But the evidence is clear that he did not.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Here Paul is calling the church of God a flock.

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Now do you suppose he is talking about a flock of birds?

I only asked because of yer obsession with flying away.

Now, if you cant prove he isn't calling the church of God sheep, well......

Enjoy yer crow. :wazzup:

Bump.

I knew it.

Thanks for answering my question Glory daysed.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

disturbo

BANNED
Banned

I doubt it was Priscilla.

Up until the 1800's it was a done deal that Paul wrote Hebrews and there are many GOOD reasons for it. Paul was the most qualified of all to write the letter. But it's very possible that whoever wrote it was taught by Paul. Paul, Luke, Barnabas, and Apollos are the likely authors.

But it really doesn't matter.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Paul starts EVERY ONE OF HIS EPISTLES with "PAUL".

HEBREWS is NOT written to the BODY OF CHRIST. Therefore, it would not matter if he did write it. But the evidence is clear that he did not.

Just refuted you before you posted this bare assumption without a basis in evidence. :rapture:

Right Divider

Body part

Looks like you got sum splainin' to do.
Ok, for you hard of understanding.....

Paul never ONCE calls Jesus OUR SHEPHERD.

Paul never ONCE calls Jesus OUR HIGH PRIEST.

The body of Christ is NOT Israel and does NOT have TWELVE apostles for TWELVE tribes.

We, the body of Christ, are ONE body made up of many members. We are NOT a nation, we are NOT a royal priesthood.

If you can't tell the difference between the ministries of the TWELVE and the ONE, shame on you.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Ok, for you hard of understanding.....

Paul never ONCE calls Jesus OUR SHEPHERD.

Paul never ONCE calls Jesus OUR HIGH PRIEST.

The body of Christ is NOT Israel and does NOT have TWELVE apostles for TWELVE tribes.

We, the body of Christ, are ONE body made up of many members. We are NOT a nation, we are NOT a royal priesthood.

If you can't tell the difference between the ministries of the TWELVE and the ONE, shame on you.

Wake up boy.

I just blew dispensationism back to hell where it spawned from.

:CRASH: Dispensationism :shocked:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I doubt it was Priscilla.

Up until the 1800's it was a done deal that Paul wrote Hebrews and there are many GOOD reasons for it. Paul was the most qualified of all to write the letter. But it's very possible that whoever wrote it was taught by Paul. Paul, Luke, Barnabas, and Apollos are the likely authors.

But it really doesn't matter.

Look it up. NIV says: Paul, Luke, Barnabas, Apollos, Silas, Philip, Priscilla and others have been suggested because the name of the author is not given in the Biblical text itself. Whoever it was speaks of Timothy as "brother" Hebrews 13:23 KJV -

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Look it up. NIV says: Paul, Luke, Barnabas, Apollos, Silas, Philip, Priscilla and others have been suggested because the name of the author is not given in the Biblical text itself. Whoever it was speaks of Timothy as "brother" Hebrews 13:23 KJV -

What do you suppose him calling Timothy brother means?

Paul claims to have begotten all the churches, yet refers to them as brothers.

Pull that little tidbit from a dispy site did yuh?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Because of the above^ You think Paul is using his own interpretation even though he has the Holy Spirit to lead him.
We ALL have our own interpretation! What are you talking about?

Don't you see the translations and Bible versions in bookstores as interpretations?

Don't you pay attention to the diverse interpretations of folks who post on TOL?

Take a poll: most of these people will say they are "led by the Holy Spirit."