Show me the good news

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Paul starts EVERY ONE OF HIS EPISTLES with "PAUL".

HEBREWS is NOT written to the BODY OF CHRIST. Therefore, it would not matter if he did write it. But the evidence is clear that he did not.

Exactly !!!!!!!!! That's the bottom line !! If Billy Bob wrote it, it's still not to the BOC. The audience is Hebrew Christians, (many 2nd generation christians) Hebrews 2:3 KJV - they may have been considering a return to Judaism because of immaturity, stemming from a lack of understanding of Biblical truths.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Exactly !!!!!!!!! That's the bottom line !! If Billy Bob wrote it, it's still not to the BOC. The audience is Hebrew Christians, (many 2nd generation christians) Hebrews 2:3 KJV - they may have been considering a return to Judaism because of immaturity, stemming from a lack of understanding of Biblical truths.

So Hebrew Christians were not in the body of Christ?

Hmmmmm.

Looks like you need to be rebegotten, kinda like them there Corinthians.

glorydaz

So you have some other places in Paul's writings speaking of the body of Christ as birds?

I was giving you an example of how words have more than one meaning. Flock is used in scripture as a gathering and an assembly of people...not just sheep. And you seem to be supporting the idea that Heb. is written by Paul because he uses the term "flock" and Hebrews spoke of the great shepherd of the sheep, Jesus Christ. Isn't that correct? In Acts Paul was referring to the assembly of believers of which there were overseers (shepherds, pastors).

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.​

Like this verse points to.

Jeremiah 3:15
And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I was giving you an example of how words have more than one meaning. Flock is used in scripture as a gathering and an assembly of people...not just sheep. And you seem to be supporting the idea that Heb. is written by Paul because he uses the term "flock" and Hebrews spoke of the great shepherd of the sheep, Jesus Christ. Isn't that correct? In Acts Paul was referring to the assembly of believers of which there were overseers (shepherds, pastors).

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.​

Like this verse points to.

Jeremiah 3:15
And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding​

You're just burying yourself deeper.

Men couldn't oversee flying birds.

Birds on the ground are not called flocks.

Paul is likening God's church to a flock of sheep.

The overseers as shepherds.

glorydaz

You're just burying yourself deeper.

Men couldn't oversee flying birds.

Birds on the ground are not called flocks.

Paul is likening God's church to a flock of sheep.

The overseers as shepherds.

A flock of chickens? :chuckle:

A gathering is a flock. Just as a bunch of kids are called a brood, they're also called a flock. Job 21:11

And men certainly can be overseers of a flock of birds. Like chickens and pigeons. You're just too intent on proving a point that isn't really the point at all. Here's some chickens for ya.

Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!​

Right Divider

Body part

A gathering is a flock. Just as a bunch of kids are called a brood, they're also called a flock. Job 21:11

And men certainly can be overseers of a flock of birds. Like chickens and pigeons. You're just too intent on proving a point that isn't really the point at all. Here's some chickens for ya.
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!​
He really is dense..... my ignore list needs to expand.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

I'll agree with yuh on that.

Spoke too soon about birds not being called flocks while on the ground.

Stuck my foot in my mouth there didn't I?

So I'll stick to what I first asked.

Where did Paul talk about a flock being birds?

But to the contrary he spoke thus.

Acts 20:29 KJV

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Here's some wolves for yuh.

Matthew 7:15 KJV

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Are Paul's wolves gonna come disguised as baby chicks and mother hens?

Did Paul say he hatched the churches?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Spoke too soon about turtles not being called flocks while on the ground.

Where did Paul talk about a flock being birds turtles ?

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Here's some turtles for yuh.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Did Paul say he hatched the churches pigeons ?

I can't believe your quote in post 194 !

heir

TOL Subscriber

Paul is talking about the church of God. You know, the one that sold out as commanded in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. They were of the flock! :duh:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Are Paul's wolves gonna come disguised as baby chicks turtles and mother hens?

Did Paul say he hatched the eggs ?

Philippians 3:2 KJV

glorydaz

Spoke too soon about birds not being called flocks while on the ground.

:e4e:

Where did Paul talk about a flock being birds?

Did Paul say he hatched the churches?

No, Paul isn't talking about birds or chicks. He said "flock" referring to an assembly or gathering of people. And the wolves are people, too....not chicks...not chickens....just false prophets.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul starts EVERY ONE OF HIS EPISTLES with "PAUL".

HEBREWS is NOT written to the BODY OF CHRIST. Therefore, it would not matter if he did write it. But the evidence is clear that he did not.

Hebrews shows the spiritual passage of Christians is typed by the passage of the Israelites from Egypt (the world) to the promised land. (the Kingdom).

If you are not in this journey then you are either not a believer or you are still in Egypt or just left and exhibiting the same attitude which bought many of them to their end.

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews shows the spiritual passage of Christians is typed by the passage of the Israelites from Egypt (the world) to the promised land. (the Kingdom).

If you are not in this journey then you are either not a believer or you are still in Egypt or just left and exhibiting the same attitude which bought many of them to their end.

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

LA

Th scriptures you post stand alone, but your commentary is off or completely irrelevant most times.

fzappa13

First, Gentiles always had the option to join with Israel. That's nothing new.

True … and now Israel has the opportunity to join the Gentiles in body of Christ. During the millennial reign of Christ this situation flips once again.

Secondly, the body of Christ is NOT a nation and never will be.

Why do you say that? (scriptures would be nice)

When God is dealing with Israel (i.e., not during the dispensation of the grace of God), there are TWO types of Gentiles: those that bless Israel and those that curse Israel (Gen 12:3).

God says that He will bless those that bless Israel and curse those that curse Israel.

Actually it was Abraham but, Okay. However, I'm not real sure what your point is here.

In the body of Christ there is NEITHER Jew nor Greek (not even male nor female, Gal 3:28). That's different.

“Neither Jew nor Greek” … thank you. That has been my point all along. Jew and Gentile now worship and have access to the same God through a faith that Jesus was and that He was who he said he was. By the same token the Apostles were all talking to the same people in that they were all made one, a nation if you will, through Jesus' sacrifice. You mentioned Gal 3. Here's part of what it says:

Gal 3: 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Yes, eventually both God's programs for heaven and earth will be joined into one in Christ (Eph 1:10). That time is not now.

Oh, I quite agree. The point I was trying to make is that “Israel” and “the gentiles” have a common Lord, common fate and a common final mailing address. I think the notion that the faith and fate of these two being bifurcated is not supported by scripture.

Jesus told all of His disciples to sell all that they had (Luke 12:33.... the very next verse). There was a unique reason for that.

These words were recorded for the admonition of any who would hear them.

The twelve never fully understood the reason for Jesus' death on the cross and didn't find out the details until God revealed them to and through Paul.

I couldn't disagree more. Jesus plainly told them who He was at every turn. As it concerns the twelve and what they understood John alone stood at the cross and he records Jesus' words on the cross that lead you straight back to Psalm 22. The Apostle whom Jesus loved knew what he was looking at. As it concerns the rest I think Jesus' brief visit after His death sufficient to convince even Thomas. Now, if your referring to the notion that Jesus' sacrifice cleansed the gentiles as well through faith as reflected in his two dreams ... you're likely right.

Israel has been scattered a few times.
As of Acts 8:1, they (the 12) stayed in Jerusalem. They were to convert Israel first, but Israel refused.

Yes. And so now Israel has lost it's place of preeminence in God's grand scheme but they will one day reclaim it … hopefully in the not too distant future.

Read Romans... the whole thing.

I have. More times than I would care to mention. The point was “the elect” are made up of Jew and Gentile alike and Romans is one of many books to confirm this. They receive the same reward at the same time but now we have wandered into the subject of the first resurrection and that likely deserves its own thread.

Indeed, when the earthly kingdom comes (Matt 6:10), Israel will be leading the Gentiles.

And they will both be members of the same nation ... those that have taken part in the first resurrection, that is.

Last edited:

achduke

We ALL have our own interpretation! What are you talking about?

Don't you see the translations and Bible versions in bookstores as interpretations?

Don't you pay attention to the diverse interpretations of folks who post on TOL?

Take a poll: most of these people will say they are "led by the Holy Spirit."

We may be led by the Holy Spirit but does everyone really have the fullness of the Holy Spirit or even part? Paul and the Apostles had the Holy Spirit. How many can claim the Holy Spirit is really talking to them?

John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you

1 Corinthians 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

John 5:30 I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.

Philippians 2:1-2 1 So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.

Look at the difference in the Apostles before Pentecost and after Pentecost.

Has everyone had their Pentecost moment?

Rev 3:3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.

Last edited:

achduke

Whether Paul authored Hebrews or not, does it make a difference to what you believe in regards to Hebrews as divine scripture, by which it's words are true? Because you guys believe that books that made it to the New Testament are inspired, right?

Pretty sure they believe all the books in the bible are inspired but they believe only certain scripture applies to the gentiles and the rest is for Israel. Specifically 1 Corinthians - Philemon is for gentiles.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Whether Paul authored Hebrews or not, does it make a difference to what you believe in regards to Hebrews as divine scripture, by which it's words are true? Because you guys believe that books that made it to the New Testament are inspired, right?
All scripture is given by inspiration of God (2 TImothy 3:16-17 KJV). All scripture is FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not all written TO us or about us! The Bible says a lot of different things!

SaulToPaul 2

Pretty sure they believe all the books in the bible are inspired but they believe only certain scripture applies to the gentiles and the rest is for Israel. Specifically 1 Corinthians - Philemon is for gentiles.

Romans-Philemon is to the Body of Christ, which contains both Jews and Gentiles.

:e4e: