Should we pay tithes to be bless and free?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by STONE

Salvation is by grace.
Works are the evidence (fruit) of salvation.

Exactly.

Grace is root (grounds...reason for which) of salvation. Repentance/faith/continuance are conditions (not without which) of salvation. Faith/unbelief determines destiny.

Works are fruit or evidence for man. Works or sin determines degrees of reward or punishment. Tithing is not a work per se.

Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans; James

STONE

All man's doings are his works and fruits, even every idle word.
Tithing (10 %) to care for the priesthood was not eliminated by Jesus. Jesus wants (100%) of our assets to facillitate his will: Making disciples and taking care of his holy, royal priesthood which are his disciples, the sons of God.

elected4ever

STONE
All man's doings are his works and fruits, even every idle word.
Tithing (10 %) to care for the priesthood was not eliminated by Jesus. Jesus wants (100%) of our assets to facillitate his will: Making disciples and taking care of his holy, royal priesthood which are his disciples, the sons of God.

e4e -----That is a false statement and it makes me so sick I just wont to .:vomit:

elected4ever

godrulz
God is the owner and we are the stewards (time, talents, treasures).

e4e ---------What does God own that is not presently yours? What more can he give that He has not given? We are not stewards but children and God the Father raises His children.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by elected4ever

godrulz

e4e ---------What does God own that is not presently yours? What more can he give that He has not given? We are not stewards but children and God the Father raises His children.

God owns the cattle on a thousand hills. Stewardship (parables) AND sonship are Christian themes.

Ephesians 1:3 "...who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with EVERY spiritual blessing in Christ..."

Phil. 4 Paul know what it was to be in need or plenty. He learned to be content in every circumstance. He did not have everything all the time. Contentment, not materialism, was his hallmark.

STONE

Originally posted by elected4ever

godrulz

This statement is contrary to scripture. The Father has given unto us that we might fulfil his will, not our own. To be a child of the Father is to have our will one with christ's will.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by c.moore

Yes, and maybe more.

Why? because i trust God , and I have the fruits of the Spirit , which includes long sufferings, patiences, and as long as I am making God first in my life I know what blessing are coming to me in due seasons.
But who are you to determine when the "due season" is? :think:

The Errors most Christians make is they want to have their money back like a microwave , and in their timing, and in the amount they want , and the way the expect to recieve, and sometime the person who should give it to them is asked in their ways.
"Sowing seed" to the gods is an ancient magical form practiced in many cultures to ensure a bountiful harvest. Your doctrine is essentially a form of sympathetic magic.

Keep in mind also what is the motive each time you give!

Is your giving to recieve a payback, or a giving just because you love God and not looking for God`s hands??
It seems to me that if one were truly focussed on the deity, not the giving, one wouldn't even be able to tell whether they had received a "payback" or not... yet over the years I've read hundreds (or even more) "testimonies" about the "effectiveness" of tithing and "sowing seed" into certain ministries. Every one of them appears designed to appeal to innate human greed.

Perhaps the whole thing might be more impressive if say a thousand people "sowed seed" to produce somthing like a permanent cure or prevention for some form of cancer, or for AIDS, or river blindness... and do so anonymously instead of bragging about it, actually give the deity the credit... :think:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Should we 'pay' tithes to be blessed and free (give to get)= thread.

We should only give cheerfully, systematically, proportionately if it is an act of love and worship for God and a desire to see His kingdom expanded. Giving with the expectation of getting back a hundred fold can certainly be a greed motivation. Giving is not a magic formula. Christian giving is not parallel to pagan appeasement.

c.moore

Originally posted by godrulz

MS is Mormon (LDS). It is interesting that most Mormons tithe while many Christians try to rationalize away proportionate (based on income), systematic (regular) giving. Note the wealth and growth of their church partially due to commited members. D and C is extra/contrabiblical.

Having said that, it does not make them true or God's church. Works salvation is contrary to Scripture.

Which 'gods do they tithe to' is the better question. He will probably say the Father.

I think bible principles including tithes and giving, seed time and harvest can work for unbeleivers , and non Christians like Mormons as well.

Zakath

Resident Atheist

I think bible principles including tithes and giving, seed time and harvest can work for unbeleivers , and non Christians like Mormons as well.
If tithing, etc. works for non-believers then it is not part of the Christian's New Covenant, is it?

Magick works for non-believers too... :think:

c.moore

Originally posted by Zakath

If tithing, etc. works for non-believers then it is not part of the Christian's New Covenant, is it?

Magick works for non-believers too... :think:

Think about what Pharoah did to Moses, and how he copied Moses.:think:

Yes, bible principles really work and other religion copy many things from the book of truth the bible.

Give and it will be giving back is a bible principle , and it works for non believers.

Seed time and harvest investments really works and a eye for and eye was a bible principle that non christian still live by and etc.

Yes , i agree those who use bible principles are not christians but it shows our bible is the infallible truth and is alive and works when you have faith in the things which is written in the Word of God.

Yes many will use the principles as non christians and it will work for them even though they will end up in hell anyways, and yes Jesus will say depart from me I never knew you who worked signs and wonders.

M't:7:22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
M't:7:23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

notice they still prophesied as mormons do , and look at the awesome works so this does work biblically .

God Bless

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist

Think about what Pharoah did to Moses, and how he copied Moses.:think:
Copied? :think:

You mean the staff to snake trick? It's an old staple of sleight of hand in that part of the world. I've seen it done in person myself.

Yes, bible principles really work and other religion copy many things from the book of truth the bible.
Some other religions pre-date the Bible, Judaism or Christianity, c.moore. They're hardly "copying" when they've been teaching something for hundreds or even thousands of years before a particular part of the Bible was written...

Give and it will be giving back is a bible principle , and it works for non believers. Seed time and harvest investments really works and a eye for and eye was a bible principle that non christian still live by and etc.
Perhaps the Bible is merely making an observation about human society in general, not stating a unique principle. :think:

Yes , i agree those who use bible principles are not christians but it shows our bible is the infallible truth and is alive and works when you have faith in the things which is written in the Word of God.
Saying that something was done for centuries before it was included in the Bible hardly makes the Bible a work of divine revelation, it could also mean that the writers were keep observers of the human condition and recording the folk wisdom of their day...