Should we pay tithes to be bless and free?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Sozo

If only you had actually ever really been exposed to the gospel, and not the religious crap that you rejected.

:(
And which version of the gospel are you selling, Sozo?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by c.moore
... but being able to ear God voice when I want , told me to stay faithful and pay my tithes no matter what.
So you believe your deity spekas to you audibly? :think:

So I will continue as a cheerful tither , and a greater giver, just because i love God.
OK...

i told my wife today I will tithes myself even if she doesn`t I will stay faithful , and be not cursed with a curse as many and let the Lord continue to bless me and my family and churhes.
So are you doing because you get something (the blessing), to avoid something (a curse), or to be obedient, or because you love your deity? :think:

I think you're not only ignorant, but confused...

... but hey, it's your money...

Anyone want to take book on how long his marriage lasts? :readthis:

OMEGA

SOZO

SOZO

CAN SOZO EXPLAIN THIS SCRIPTURE IF WE CANNOT SIN ????

1Co 3:17

If any man defile the temple of God,

him shall God destroy;

for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

c.moore

Originally posted by Sozo

Yes, c.moore, we can see by reading your post that you are not being led by ignorance. :chuckle:

Thank you:)

Some times I like to be led by my flesh and my mind of human logics and my theology of thinking , but I found the Mystery of God perfect will for my life better even tohough many people don`t like God ways , and timing it is the best way to be led and to follow.

Yes God stills laugh while we think.:D

c.moore

Originally posted by Zakath

So you believe your deity spekas to you audibly? :think:

OK...

So are you doing because you get something (the blessing), to avoid something (a curse), or to be obedient, or because you love your deity? :think:

I think you're not only ignorant, but confused...

... but hey, it's your money...

Anyone want to take book on how long his marriage lasts? :readthis:

My loving God is not in the money , but the principle is not to put my money before God.
My Priority is to Love God , and don`t look for His hand but look to Him, the rest will just be adding on including the blessing just because I am His son.
That I live , have breath, a good house , car, food , have His Word and can under´stand it, a sound mind, not in jail, and a long life prepared for me and my family is a blessing even with out millions of dollars.
Yes my strenght is in the joy of the Lord not any money or curses.

The key i learn is to trust God and not my money no matter what % it is.

Zakath

Resident Atheist

My loving God is not in the money , but the principle is not to put my money before God.
My Priority is to Love God , and don`t look for His hand but look to Him, the rest will just be adding on including the blessing just because I am His son.
That I live , have breath, a good house , car, food , have His Word and can under´stand it, a sound mind, not in jail, and a long life prepared for me and my family is a blessing even with out millions of dollars.
Yes my strenght is in the joy of the Lord not any money or curses.

The key i learn is to trust God and not my money no matter what % it is.
So if every time you gave to "God" you lost money, would you continue? :think:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Re: SOZO

Re: SOZO

Originally posted by OMEGA

CAN SOZO EXPLAIN THIS SCRIPTURE IF WE CANNOT SIN ????

1Co 3:17

If any man defile the temple of God,

him shall God destroy;

for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

He also has to deal with the teachings in I John.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BillyBob

Here's a question.

If you don't pay tithes, does God punish you?

Punish is probably the wrong concept. One loses an opportunity to express love and worship to God and to advance His kingdom and invest in lives and eternal things. One might lose a reward or blessing, but it is not active punishment from the hand of God. He wants a cheerful, not coerced giver. He sees the heart and motives and does not ignore any act that is for His glory and the good of others.

c.moore

Here's a question.

No, what we don`t reap , we don`t sow.

When we put or money before God we must remember He is a jealious God and it might look like He is punishing you , but the facts is you punish yourself.

When you don`t pay tithes is like someone tells you , you can stay in their home and use all there things but when They come back they want just 10% back , but you tell them i want all and the 10%.

Do you think that person will be please when you say you will keep all because it was given to you but all the thing in the house don`t belong to you in the first place and they are more than nice to just be happy with 10% of all their stuff, so again should they be pleased, and you will gain more by ignorance, and selfishness????

Mustard Seed

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

(New Testament | Matthew 23:23 - 24)

c.moore

Yes, and maybe more.

Why? because i trust God , and I have the fruits of the Spirit , which includes long sufferings, patiences, and as long as I am making God first in my life I know what blessing are coming to me in due seasons.

The Errors most Christians make is they want to have their money back like a microwave , and in their timing, and in the amount they want , and the way the expect to recieve, and sometime the person who should give it to them is asked in their ways.

Keep in mind also what is the motive each time you give!

Is your giving to recieve a payback, or a giving just because you love God and not looking for God`s hands??

God Bless

c.moore

Originally posted by Mustard Seed

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

(New Testament | Matthew 23:23 - 24)

Is Matthew A new testament?

for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law,

It seems like paying tithes was known as the will of God nand was very good and is a religious righteousness or what righteous people should want to do.

But there is still more to be done besides paying tithes.

Mustard Seed

Is Matthew A new testament?

???

for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law,

It seems like paying tithes was known as the will of God nand was very good and is a religious righteousness or what righteous people should want to do.

But there is still more to be done besides paying tithes.

That's what Christ said!

...this (the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith) ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other (tithing) undone.

Mustard Seed

Here's a question.

23 Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming.
24 For after today cometh the burning—this is speaking after the manner of the Lord—for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble; and I will burn them up, for I am the Lord of Hosts; and I will not spare any that remain in Babylon.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 64:23 - 24)

Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

(New Testament | Matthew 6:24)

Main Entry: mam·mon
Pronunciation: 'ma-m&n
Function: noun
Usage: often capitalized
Etymology: Late Latin mammona, from Greek mamOna, from Aramaic mAmOnA riches
: material wealth or possessions especially as having a debasing influence <you cannot serve God and mammon -- Matthew 6:24 (Revised Standard Version)>
- mam·mon·ism /-m&-"ni-z&m/ noun

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=mammon

8 ¶ Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
13 ¶ Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?
14 Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?
15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

(Old Testament | Malachi 3:8 - 15)

Mustard Seed

To look at tithing as being akin to 'investing' in God is wrong. Such a stance brings one to thinking that they, by holding a 'share' can somehow alter the will of God OR that if the 'holding' is not 'profitable' that they can 'diversify'. Any such aproach to exercising faith in God is not really worship but just an atempt at trying to secure some asset with money. Any such attempt will bring condemnation rather than blessing. To do the 'right' thing for the wrong reason will get you as far as it got Cain when he tried to sacrifice to the Lord for the wrong reason.

elected4ever

Mustard Seed
23 Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming.

24 For after today cometh the burning—this is speaking after the manner of the Lord—for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble; and I will burn them up, for I am the Lord of Hosts; and I will not spare any that remain in Babylon.

Who's doctrine and who's covenant? They are certainly not biblical.

We need to understand what was written to Israel under the law and what is written to us today under grace. Ether Jesus is the fulfillment of the law for you or He is not. If you are still under law you must be a Jew who has rejected the Messiah or a badly misinformed gentile who thinks that the law was written to you. In ether case you are lost because you have placed yourself under law and rejected grace.

Galatians 5:4 ŸChrist is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 ŸFor we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 ŸFor in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Do you understand the implication of that scripture. Law and faith are incompatible. So don't tell me you have faith in Jesus when you you reject the grace that delivers from the law and works by faith through love. You are liars personified and of your father the devil.

c.moore, you made the following statement in answer to Zakath's question, "So if every time you gave to "God" you lost money, would you continue?"

Yes, and maybe more.

Why? because i trust God , and I have the fruits of the Spirit , which includes long sufferings, patiences, and as long as I am making God first in my life I know what blessing are coming to me in due seasons.

The Errors most Christians make is they want to have their money back like a microwave , and in their timing, and in the amount they want , and the way the expect to recieve, and sometime the person who should give it to them is asked in their ways.

Keep in mind also what is the motive each time you give!

Is your giving to recieve a payback, or a giving just because you love God and not looking for God`s hands??

e4e----- You are a bonified lier and preach the doctrine of devils. There is not one spiritual gift that is given by the Holy Spirit that cannot be duplicated by Satan save one., and that is eternal life. It seems to me that the doctrine of demons satisfies your flesh's need to be a super religious fellow. I don't think you even know Jesus but you only know about Jesus. How do I know this? Quite simple really. You are more concerned with your fleshly appearance to justify yourself before God than what Christ has accomplished in your life. You are one of the yes butts of Christianity.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Cmoore's heart and motive seems to be right. The accuracy of his beliefs or our beliefs on this subject are debatable. God will judge him. His trust is not in tithing, water baptism, communion, man, etc. His ultimate trust is in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Denying the Deity of Christ is a doctrine of demons. Whether you give 10%, 1%, 50%, 0% is a matter of understanding Scriptural principles. It does not become demonic if we differ on peripheral issues. Tithing is not a salvific issue. No one is saying we are saved by the Law or works.

c.moore

Mustard Seed

What God are you tithing too??

What covenant is that and from what spirit????

godrulz

Hall of Fame
MS is Mormon (LDS). It is interesting that most Mormons tithe while many Christians try to rationalize away proportionate (based on income), systematic (regular) giving. Note the wealth and growth of their church partially due to commited members. D and C is extra/contrabiblical.

Having said that, it does not make them true or God's church. Works salvation is contrary to Scripture.

Which 'gods do they tithe to' is the better question. He will probably say the Father.