Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Army of One

jennifferdoug said:
Well, whatever...I don't believe that the bible claims that Jesus is God
Whether you believe it or not, the fact still remains.
...that's just your interpretation anyway....Don't you understand what a trinity is?
Evidently you don't, since you believe that at least a 1/3 of the Trinity was created by another part of it.
But it doesn't matter to me whatsoever...I don't believe in any of that crap anyway
Yeah, I figured that part out already.
...it's all lies and coersion to control people....you have been duped my friend
Darnit, I knew I should bought one of those Aluminum Foil Beanie caps.:doh:
....I bet you spend your life hating people and feeling miserable all the time because you feel like you are some kind of "sinner". Not to mention you're pretty self rightous. You think that you are better than others because you follow your God/Jesus/Bible.
:rotfl: Where do you get this crap from? The one thing that anyone I know has never accused me of is being miserable. If fact people usually comment on the fact that I'm always smiling. Maybe if you actually payed attention to reality, instead of your stereotypical portrait of what you think Christians are like, you might learn something.
You take a book, written by several different men, 500 years after the fact,
What in the world are you talking about? First off, the Bible was written by more "several different men". But how exactly does that discredit it? And though some books of the Bible were written long after the events they describe, much of the book is written shortly after the events took place (the New Testament for example).
that was used to control millions of people and kill even more. You are no different than the Muslims.
Yep, it's all about Mind Control. Watch out, you may be brainwashed next.
This religoun of yours is a fairly new idea anyway. It's only about 2500 years old. In the grande sheme of things, it's very tiny
New in relation to what? And even if this religion of mine was created yesterday, what bearing does that have on whether it is true or not? Absolutely none.
...but then again, you probably think the world was created 5,000 years ago and everything else is a deception of the devil... at least that's been my experience with some chritians
Actually, I would say about 6,000, but you were close.:D And as far as everything else being a deception of the devil, I have no idea what your talking about.
...you couldn't even make a valid point to me.
I've figured that out already too. I can't convince someone who refuses to listen to reason and logic.
So many religouns over thousands and thousands of years, and you're arrogant enough to think yours is soooo unique and sooo correct.
Well, they can't all be right, can they?
I think it's sad when people let silly ideas control their every move...when they let others control even their own thoughts and actions, when you can't even think for yourself...you have to have book tell you what you can and cannot do.
Yep, it's the mind control thing again. Boy, you're sharp.
I at least retain my individuality and my sense of inteligence. I don't believe in superstitions or let others tell me what to do.
Yeah, you're certainly unique in living by your own rules and standards. Not many people doing that nowadays.:rotfl:
I don't have to have a book tell me that killing is wrong, I'm smart enough to know that.
Of course you are! Which is exactly what the Bible says: that even heathens inherently know right from wrong (they just chose to suppress that knowledge a lot of the time)
I'm fooled into thinking that i have to make others suffer to make everyone just like me.
Again, try looking past your imagined ideas of what a Christian is. No Christian wants to make everyone else exactyly like themselves.
When you can give hard core facts, not just something in the bible...something historical would be nice, not just the ramblings of saint or a cult leader from the desert teaching things from 500 years before his time, in order to control his followers...then, i might listen.
Why would I waste my time doing that. You've already declared that no argument I could present would be valid to you. It's not that you can't believe, it's that you won't believe.
Until then...It's just the ramblings of someone who used one source to get their information and doesn't accually search for truth, but accepts it because his pastor told him it's so.
Hmmm, that sounds exactly like what you're doing. Interesting.

I still stand behind my previous statement...the world would be better off without religoun and politics as they are currently
OK. Am I supposed to disagree with that?
...we should wipe it clean....We can believe in God without hurting people.
It depends on your definition of "hurting people". The Truth will always be hurtful to some.

Tru Warier

Luke 18:9-14
And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. "The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.' "But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!' "I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

lovemeorhateme

:noway:

I thought that this thread had died out like ages ago!

I can't believe that people are still debating on it. What's more, I am disturbed that yet more people voted yes (although I am glad that more have voted no that yes.)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Tru Warier said:
And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. "The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.' "But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!' "I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."
That's a good one! Although I would say it's a bit off topic. This one I think fits better (it was said by the same guy by the way.)...

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.​

Oh and since you quoted Luke 18, I thought I'd quote Luke 19...

Luke 19:27 [Jesus]But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.[/Jesus]​

Resting in Him,
Clete

lovemeorhateme

Clete said:
If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.​

And since when did Old Testament Law apply to the Gentiles?

Lord Vader

Tru Warier said:

What if you're humbling yourself to be exalted? Won't you end up being humbled? What if you try to then humble yourself by exalting yourself in order to humble yourself to be exalted? If you honestly wanted to be humble, and you humbled yourself and ended up being exalted, is there a complaints department in Heaven for that?

Lord Vader

Dread Helm said:
Ooookaaaay.

My reply doesn't show Agape's icon. It's the one with the ghostly doll that you wouldn't want to have sitting up on a dresser drawer looking in your direction while you tried to sleep.

JoyfulRook

Lord Vader said:
My reply doesn't show Agape's icon. It's the one with the ghostly doll that you wouldn't want to have sitting up on a dresser drawer looking in your direction while you tried to sleep.
Oh, lol, ok.

Evee

lovemeorhateme said:
Just for being gay. Should a homosexual be given the death penalty for being gay, or acting on their gay feelings?
No unless there are children or animals involved them probably.
This goes for hetro's too.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
lovemeorhateme said:
I am disturbed that yet more people voted yes (although I am glad that more have voted no that yes.)

Just a few months ago I posted an article (I believe has been trimmed :( ) about the guy who incubated a new faster acting strain of AIDS. He has had AIDS for years. He is becoming resistant to the meds. So what did he do? He took his boyfriend to a homo bar and... well... needless to say his excuse was something like, "I thought it was AIDS night". Last I heard of this new strain it was about 7ish infected (that was last summer-ish I think).

Looks like they are exacting the death penalty on themselves.

Silk Queen

Nineveh said:
Just a few months ago I posted an article (I believe has been trimmed :( ) about the guy who incubated a new faster acting strain of AIDS. He has had AIDS for years. He is becoming resistant to the meds. So what did he do? He took his boyfriend to a homo bar and... well... needless to say his excuse was something like, "I thought it was AIDS night". Last I heard of this new strain it was about 7ish infected (that was last summer-ish I think).

Looks like they are exacting the death penalty on themselves.
So what was his point other than spread his disease around.
In a case like that I believe it would be fine to put them both to death.
Afterall look how many they killed just by having sex it is not safe even if is protected with a condom.

Army of One

Tru Warier said:
I agree. We shouldn't be proud when we're executing homosexuals. :thumb:

But we should still execute them.:D

Tru Warier

Clete said:
That's a good one! Although I would say it's a bit off topic. This one I think fits better (it was said by the same guy by the way.)...

Oh and since you quoted Luke 18, I thought I'd quote Luke 19...

Luke 19:27 [Jesus]But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.[/Jesus]​

Army of One said:
I agree. We shouldn't be proud when we're executing homosexuals. :thumb:

But we should still execute them.:D

hmm..

Matthew 7:1-2 said:
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

I'm glad you guys have taken it upon yourselves to do Christ's work for Him.

lovemeorhateme said:
And since when did Old Testament Law apply to the Gentiles?

Old testament laws only apply against gay people when being used by the "righteous"

On a related note, jacking parables and completely ignoring context (like not mentioning that luke 19:27 is the parable of the 10 minas) then using them against gay people is ok too as long as you're "righteous", since gay people are bad.

Army of One

Tru Warier said:
hmm..

I'm glad you guys have taken it upon yourselves to do Christ's work for Him.

Old testament laws only apply against gay people when being used by the "righteous"

On a related note, jacking parables and completely ignoring context (like not mentioning that luke 19:27 is the parable of the 10 minas) then using them against gay people is ok too as long as you're "righteous", since gay people are bad.
Oh, like you just did with Matt. 7:1-2?