Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Tru Warier said:
My apologies. I wish you luck in demonstrating Christ's love by proudly advocating the execution of people you don't like.
While it is true that I do not like homos (they make me sick actually), that isn't at all the reason why they should be executed. I believe that homos should be executed for the exact same reason that I believe murderers, adulterers, rapists and the like should all be executed. Why is that, you ask?

Because God said so, that's why.

God gets to decide what is and isn't just and what is and is not a crime and what should and should not be done with criminals, not me and certainly not the government or a majority of evil men.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
lovemeorhateme said:
Damnit, lmohm! Would you quit reacting as if you were a queer?! You made the decision to follow Christ and live as He has called you to live, and be what He created you to be, not what you had perverted into. And that means that you are no longer a faggot! Do you understand that?

Now, why is it that you think that homosexuals [those who commit homosexual acts] should not be punished, by the government, for it? Why do you believe that they should not get the death penalty, as God said they should? And, before you ask me if the OT law is for Gentiles, do you also believe that murderers should not get the death penalty? Why do you think that God's idea of law and order only applied to Israel? Would God not apply such things to all men? The OT law does not apply to us per our salvation, however, certain aspects apply to us, for a civil society. We should not rape, commit adultery, steal, murder, lie [especially not perjur] or many other things. And certain punishments should be handed out to those who do these things. And the only person I want deciding what these punishments are is God.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
`Love. said:
I don't remember any verse where God said to kill homosexuals. :juggle:
Then you haven't even read the last hand full of posts. I just quoted one....

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Tru Warier said:
On a related note, jacking parables and completely ignoring context (like not mentioning that luke 19:27 is the parable of the 10 minas) then using them against gay people is ok too as long as you're "righteous", since gay people are bad.
Who jacked a parable to use it against homos?

`Love.

Clete said:
Then you haven't even read the last hand full of posts. I just quoted one....

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

I scanned up the page and I scanned down the page. That was about the extent. ;)

Ok, I went to The Bible Online and checked that chapter out. Um, I'm not sure about the context there. It counts adultery in that same category, as well as cursing out your parents and doing work on the Sabbath. (Curse your parents could have a number of definitions.) I've yelled and said hateful things to my Father, should I be put to death? (I will say he deserved it.) I've also worked on the Sabbath, should I prepare for the man with the giant axe? I don't see anyone advocating the slaughter of those who have commited adultery, those who have gotten fed up and yelled at their parents or those who have worked on the Sabbath. I have a feeling we would be missing 90% of our population.

This really sounds like one of those, OT, NT things. We aren't Israel. These rules look like they were for Israel, a.k.a Before Christ.

`Love.

Lighthouse said:
Who jacked a parable to use it against homos?

I doubt he meant parable. :)

Anti-Homo Parable:
There was a poor man and a rich man, the poor man went after women, the rich man went after men, the rich man's head blew up. The end. :eek:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
`Love. said:
I scanned up the page and I scanned down the page. That was about the extent. ;)

Ok, I went to The Bible Online and checked that chapter out. Um, I'm not sure about the context there. It counts adultery in that same category, as well as cursing out your parents and doing work on the Sabbath. (Curse your parents could have a number of definitions.) I've yelled and said hateful things to my Father, should I be put to death? (I will say he deserved it.) I've also worked on the Sabbath, should I prepare for the man with the giant axe? I don't see anyone advocating the slaughter of those who have commited adultery, those who have gotten fed up and yelled at their parents or those who have worked on the Sabbath. I have a feeling we would be missing 90% of our population.

This really sounds like one of those, OT, NT things. We aren't Israel. These rules look like they were for Israel, a.k.a Before Christ.
First off, adultery is still wrong. So is homosexuality. Working on the Sabbath isn't, and it never was for those outside of Israel. However, adultery and homosexuality have alwasy been wrong, for all people. Just like murdering, stealing and lying. Now, how can I say that working on the Sabbath is different? Because the Bible specifically says it is. It says that the Sabbath was a covenant between God and Isreal. It also says that the Sabbath is no longer a requirement for those in Christ. However, it never says that adultery, murder, theft, lying or homosexuality are okay. In fact, it says they are wrong, numerous times. Think about it.

`Love.

Lighthouse said:
First off, adultery is still wrong. So is homosexuality. Working on the Sabbath isn't, and it never was for those outside of Israel. However, adultery and homosexuality have alwasy been wrong, for all people. Just like murdering, stealing and lying. Now, how can I say that working on the Sabbath is different? Because the Bible specifically says it is. It says that the Sabbath was a covenant between God and Isreal. It also says that the Sabbath is no longer a requirement for those in Christ. However, it never says that adultery, murder, theft, lying or homosexuality are okay. In fact, it says they are wrong, numerous times. Think about it.

Is there any other verse besides that one that says to KILL homosexuals?

Being wrong and being a death-worthy action is two different things.

Evee

`Love. said:

Some think a sin is a sin unless you are homosexual.
I could not be the one to put anyone to death.
Who could here I mean honestly put a gay person to death.
If you can would you?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
`Love. said:
Is there any other verse besides that one that says to KILL homosexuals?

Being wrong and being a death-worthy action is two different things.
I'm with you. I still think homosexuality is a sin, but I do not support it being a capital offense.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
How many verses say that murderers should be put top death? How many verses say that rapists should be put to death? How many verses say that adulterers should be put to death?

`Love.

Lighthouse said:
How many verses say that murderers should be put top death? How many verses say that rapists should be put to death? How many verses say that adulterers should be put to death?

Waiting for another verse about putting homosexuals to death, dude. :)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
`Love. said:
There are other verses, but it's past my bedtime. If no one has answered you by the next time I'm on, I will answer you.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
`Love. said:
As far as I know there are no other verses explicitly calling for homosexuals to be executed, although I guess some might use the Sodom and Gomorrah story....

`Love.

Urizen said:
Long Post

If you are correct, this is a very good point. I was reading that chapter and thinking, dang, things sound kind of strict for those poor Jews back then. (Not the making love to animals part...ew.) But, that makes perfect sense. God always gives us a sense of free will even in his most controlling times. It was still up to the Jews whether or not to proceed with the killing.

Now, the murder of another person has been stressed time and time again as wrong. All the way back to Cain. It's obviously wrong because the results can be easily found. Homosexuality rarely has a victim except it's own participants. If it was AIDS that was "killing tool" we should kill anyone who starts and spreads (non-purposefully) a deadly virus or cold.

I find homosexuality to fall into the self-abuse catagory, and I think it needs to be treated like one. We don't kill the obese, we don't kill the drug addicts, we don't kill alchoholics.

Until a Bible verse proves me wrong, I don't see my postion as wrong.