Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

jennifferdoug

Mr. 5020 said:
Is that in the Bible? Which verse is it?
Not a problem.
John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Nobody has said otherwise.
I like black, too. Stop being ridiculous.
If they claim to be my brother or sister in Christ, you better believe it is my business!
I am a sinner. That's why I need Jesus. So do you.
Since Jesus was without sin, why didn't He cast a stone?

OK, you gave me JOHN 7 verse 24

If you read the whole scripture, starting from verse 16, and eding with 24..that way you don't take it out of context this is what you get....are you ready?

My doctrine is not mine but his that sent me if any man will do his will shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself. He that speaketh of himself, seeketh his own glory. but he that seeketh his glory that sent him the same is true. Know unrightousness is in him. did not Moses give you the law? and yet none of you keepeth the law? why go ye about to kill me? The people answered and said...Thou hast the Devil who goeth about to kill thee. Jesus answered and said unto them " I have done one work and ye all marvel. Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision not because it is of Moses but of the father's. and ye on the sabath day circumsise a man. if a man on the sabath day receives circumcision that the law of Moses shall not be broken are ye angry at me? Because i have made a man everywit whole on the sabath day? Judge not according to the appearance, but judge rightous jugement"

with that being read...Jesus was telling them to not judge HIM....how do you propose to say that you can judge homosexuals on their surface appearance, about what you think of them, saying that he is giving YOU permission to judge others....He was telling people to not judge Him Unrightously...He was not giving people permission to go around judging people. It is you who will have to stand before God and explain that.

jennifferdoug

Army of One said:
Right, you're judging me for judging others! Doesn't that strike you as being a bit hypocritical? Who on this forum has said that all non-Christians should be killed? Why are you building straw-men?

I'll tell you what; you show me where gluttony is refered to as one of the 7 deadly sins (or the phrase "7 deadly sins" is mentioned in the Bible), and I'll show you where Bible tells Christians to judge.

Yes, you are wrong. Big suprise. I'm not homophobic, just homo-nauseated.:)You're an idiot. The death and disease that is caused by their lifestyle. If done properly, yes. The same can be said for Murder, or any other crime. It's been around since the beginning of civilization. So should we just ignore those actions as well?

No, actually the command is "Thou shalt not Murder" In case you haven't notice, no one is trying to force anyone to be a Christian. We're merely advocating the proper punishment for crime.

ok...So you're telling me that Glutony is not a sin? You are mistaken...If you can find anything and I mean anything that says it's ok to be a Glutton, you let me know. And what is the difference between Killing someone and Murdering someone. It's the same. And the commandment doesn't read Murder it reads "Thou shalt not Kill" What part about that don't you understand? the Thou Shalt or the Not Kill? And Yes you are trying to force people to be Christian...What do you think your doing by saying you're going to kill all gays if they don't stop being gay and start following your Christian Tenets? That's sounds pretty forcefull to me. How do you differ from the Muslims who say they want to kill all the infedels?
Tell me that?

jennifferdoug

Mr. 5020 said:
How many verses would you like then?

OK, Bring it on...That one obviously worked in my favor....what else have you got....you think i don't know my bible? I've been studying it for 40 years...

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
OK, Bring it on...That one obviously worked in my favor....what else have you got....you think i don't know my bible? I've been studying it for 40 years...
Sure, and while I'm at it, maybe you can finally answer either one of my questions.

1. Why didn't Jesus cast a stone?

2. Where are the "Seven Deadly Sins" in the Bible?

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
Here's three that I posted in another thread. I'll work on more later.
1 Timothy 5:20
Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Titus 1:13
This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Army of One

jennifferdoug said:
ok...So you're telling me that Glutony is not a sin? You are mistaken...If you can find anything and I mean anything that says it's ok to be a Glutton, you let me know.
Where did I say that Glutony is not a sin? I merely pointed out that you are ignorant of the Bible, since you implied that the Bible lists glutony as one of the 7 deadly sins. Try to keep up.
And what is the difference between Killing someone and Murdering someone. It's the same.
Do yourself a favor. Read Exodus 20, then read the following chapter. (I'll paraphrase: "Do not Murder"....."If someone does commit murder, kill them!)
And the commandment doesn't read Murder it reads "Thou shalt not Kill" What part about that don't you understand? the Thou Shalt or the Not Kill?
It most certainly does say "Murder". Hebrew has different words for Murder and Kill, and the word for Murder is used in the 10 commandments.
And Yes you are trying to force people to be Christian...What do you think your doing by saying you're going to kill all gays if they don't stop being gay and start following your Christian Tenets? That's sounds pretty forcefull to me.
Once again, you try slipping that last part in. Who here has said that? We've merely stated that Homosexual acts should be criminal and the proper punishment should be Death. Never have we said that everyone who doesn't follow "Christian tenets" should be killed.
How do you differ from the Muslims who say they want to kill all the infedels?
Tell me that?
:doh: Again, no one is advocating that we should kill all unbelievers. Why is that so difficult to grasp?

jennifferdoug

Mr. 5020 said:
Here's three that I posted in another thread. I'll work on more later.
1 Timothy 5:20
Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Titus 1:13
This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Ok, REBUKE: Do you understand what Rebuke means? To Rebuke something is to Reject it. Not to kill it off...here, God is giving you the right to reject sin and to keep it from you own life...not to force others to reject their own sin or to judge and punish them. punishment is reserved for God and God only....When Jesus stood before the prostitute...did he stone her? no...he simply told her to sin no more, and let her go about her business...why do you think that is? According to your line of thinking, he should have let them kill her, and helped out himself...but he didn't he taught something different...compassion and forgiveness for the sinners....something you should learn....Learn from Jesus...forgive, be compassionate...put down your stones...

Army of One

jennifferdoug said:
Yeah, it shows. :rolleyes:

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
Ok, REBUKE: Do you understand what Rebuke means? To Rebuke something is to Reject it. Not to kill it off...here, God is giving you the right to reject sin and to keep it from you own life...
That's why he says to "rebuke THEM sharply?"
jennifferdoug said:
not to force others to reject their own sin or to judge and punish them. punishment is reserved for God and God only....When Jesus stood before the prostitute...did he stone her? no...he simply told her to sin no more, and let her go about her business...why do you think that is?
I've been asking you that for two pages. Care to answer?

jennifferdoug

Army of One said:
Where did I say that Glutony is not a sin? I merely pointed out that you are ignorant of the Bible, since you implied that the Bible lists glutony as one of the 7 deadly sins. Try to keep up. Do yourself a favor. Read Exodus 20, then read the following chapter. (I'll paraphrase: "Do not Murder"....."If someone does commit murder, kill them!) It most certainly does say "Murder". Hebrew has different words for Murder and Kill, and the word for Murder is used in the 10 commandments. Once again, you try slipping that last part in. Who here has said that? We've merely stated that Homosexual acts should be criminal and the proper punishment should be Death. Never have we said that everyone who doesn't follow "Christian tenets" should be killed. :doh: Again, no one is advocating that we should kill all unbelievers. Why is that so difficult to grasp?

Well, today it's homosexuals, tomorrow, what's next? Homosexuals don't cause death in and of themselves...are they not human...if you prick them do they not bleed? Are they not also children of god regardless of their sin? Is it not your duty, as a Christian to be compassionate to sinners and help them see the error of their ways? How is that accomplished by killing them? I know my bible very well....You don't know who you're arguing with....you're walking on thin ice..don't be surprised when a crack apears and you fall through... :shocked:

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
Well, today it's homosexuals, tomorrow, what's next? Homosexuals don't cause death in and of themselves...are they not human...if you prick them do they not bleed?
Sure, it's just not safe to come in contact with that blood.

jennifferdoug

Mr. 5020 said:
That's why he says to "rebuke THEM sharply?"
I've been asking you that for two pages. Care to answer?

You haven't been listening...Jesus was compassionate..he was there to save her....not kill her...you haven't even learned from him...how do you expect to teach others about him? This attitude drives more away than it brings to Christ....you do more damage with your hate and words than you do good. and you do it in the name of Jesus. I'm glad I'm not you.

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
You haven't been listening...Jesus was compassionate..he was there to save her....not kill her...you haven't even learned from him...how do you expect to teach others about him? This attitude drives more away than it brings to Christ....you do more damage with your hate and words than you do good. and you do it in the name of Jesus. I'm glad I'm not you.
Are you saying that Jesus came to bring peace, and not division??

jennifferdoug

Mr. 5020 said:
Sure, it's just not safe to come in contact with that blood.

I assume your talking about AIDS...i feel i must remind you..it is not just gays who have it. anyone can get....Hemopheliacs, drug addics, people who have been in car accidents, those who come in contact with another's blood...you can go to the dentist and get AIDS. You just don't get it......good grief....the problem is that you dont' want to be wrong...you don't want to be wrong so badly that you'd rather burn in hell than admit it....how very sad for you....I guess i'll just have to pray for you...Jesus said many would come in his name doing works in his name.. they would come before him at the gates of heaven, but he would know them not...are you one of them? :confused:

jennifferdoug

Mr. 5020 said:
Are you saying that Jesus came to bring peace, and not division??

Are you saying Jesus came to bring division and not peace?? Are you saying he was a warmonger...that he taught hate and distruction?

Army of One

jennifferdoug said:
Well, today it's homosexuals, tomorrow, what's next? Homosexuals don't cause death in and of themselves...are they not human...if you prick them do they not bleed? Are they not also children of god regardless of their sin?
Did Jesus say that everyone is a child of God, or did He refer to some as children of the Devil?
Is it not your duty, as a Christian to be compassionate to sinners and help them see the error of their ways? How is that accomplished by killing them?
Compassion is sometimes expressed with harsh words. Was Jesus not compassionate to the lost? Yet He often used harsh words, and insults. And guess what. He has even killed people.*gasp*
I know my bible very well....You don't know who you're arguing with....you're walking on thin ice..don't be surprised when a crack apears and you fall through... :shocked:
Oh, I know who I'm arguing with. An idiot whose knowledge of the Bible and Christianity is based on cliches and strawman arguments. Yeah, you're a regular Biblical scholar. :rolleyes:

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
I assume your talking about AIDS...i feel i must remind you..it is not just gays who have it. anyone can get....
Sure, there's just a much higher chance if they're gay.
jennifferdoug said:
Are you saying Jesus came to bring division and not peace?? Are you saying he was a warmonger...that he taught hate and distruction?
What do you think Jesus meant when He said...
Matthew 10:34-35
(34) Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
(35) For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

jennifferdoug

Army of One said:
Did Jesus say that everyone is a child of God, or did He refer to some as children of the Devil? Compassion is sometimes expressed with harsh words. Was Jesus not compassionate to the lost? Yet He often used harsh words, and insults. And guess what. He has even killed people.*gasp* Oh, I know who I'm arguing with. An idiot whose knowledge of the Bible and Christianity is based on cliches and strawman arguments. Yeah, you're a regular Biblical scholar. :rolleyes:

You are an abomination...Jesus Killed People? Whom did he kill? When did he Kill? Harsh words are one thing, killing is another....look in the mirror...how do you think God sees you at this moment...how do you think Jesus sees you as you accuse him of being a murderer?