Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Sozo

Mr. 5020 said:
Here are the poll results, thus far. It tells you the how many votes, the precentages, and who voted.

Yes (24 votes; 41.38%)
Army of One, Christine, Clete, CRASH, Crow, DocHoliday, drbrumley, Dread Helm, dRock, Frank Ernest, GuySmiley, Imrahil, Jefferson, Mr. 5020, philosophizer, Poly, RightIdea, Shimei, Sozo, truthteller86, Turbo, Vaquero45, Wamba the Fool, Yorzhik

No (34 votes; 58.62%)
Agape4Robin, allsmiles, asilentskeptic, avatar382, beanieboy, BillyBob, Caledvwlch, death2impiety, deathwish, fool, Gaviidae, Granite, Greywolf, HerodionRomulus, HisLight, Inquisitor, inteltheology, Johnny, kmoney, Lovejoy, lovemeorhateme, Mr Jack, On Fire, Pepper, reverend, Rydo, shilohproject, skeptech, Skeptic, Surr, SUTG, The Berean, wickwoman, Zakath
:BillyBob: :noway:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I voted yes.

Of course, I do not believe that someone having ssa [same sex attraction] should qualify. Especially if they reject it, and seek help to be what they are intended to be. Hopefully the help they seek is from God.

Now, if a homosexual were to act upon these desires, it should be a capital crime. God said it should be, and I'm with Him. And a capital crime gets capital punishment.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
well, I'm sure lesbians will be relieved to find out that God left them out of that capital punishment....

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Before I do, I admit that, at least in the English translations, the death penalty seems to be reserved for men who lie with men. However, there are verses condemning lesbianism.

Lev. 20:13
"13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
Before I do, I admit that, at least in the English translations, the death penalty seems to be reserved for men who lie with men. However, there are verses condemning lesbianism.

Lev. 20:13
"13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."
Right, that's what I was using too and lesbians aren't mentioned at all. The only verses that include lesbians are in the NT (at least I think so) and none of them spell out what punishment is required.

koban

kmoney said:
Right, that's what I was using too and lesbians aren't mentioned at all. The only verses that include lesbians are in the NT (at least I think so) and none of them spell out what punishment is required.

no, but the act is strongly condemned

kmoney

Hall of Fame
koban said:
no, but the act is strongly condemned
In the NT sure. I just find it curious that in the OT God would leave out lesbians.

Are there any other sexual sins that God only speaks about from the man's angle? I'm trying to look, but maybe someone knows......

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'm curious as to the meaning of the original language. Maybe it did include lesbianism, by definition.:think:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
I'm curious as to the meaning of the original language. Maybe it did include lesbianism, by definition.:think:
From what I've seen of looking up the Hebrew the translation is accurate.