Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Army of One

lovemeorhateme said:
My conclusion:

It is scary, and morally wrong to be executing a homosexual just because they are a homosexual. People who say otherwise are just twisting scriptures, or fundamentalist muslim.
:think: Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm not a fundamentalist muslim, so I must be twisting scriptures? Wow, thanks for enlightening me, LMOHM. So maybe you can show me how I should properly interpret all of the scriptural passages that deal with homosexuality. Is it really a sin, as I have been twisting the Bible to believe. If yes, should it also be considered criminal? If yes, what should the punishment be?

Army of One

Surr said:
For the homophobic bigots, I'd like to know the answer to this: How does someone "being gay" affect you life? What difference does it make who someone loves? Love is love is love. It does not matter.
Well, I don't know if I qualify as a "homophobic bigot", but I'll answer your question. It affects me in several ways. First, it's nauseating to witness (or even think about). Second, it is a grossly unhealthy lifestyle, that has negative consequences on society as a whole (as all sexual immorality does). And finally, it flies in the face of what God intended, and nature confirms (that sexual relations are fitting between a man and woman).

Agape4Robin

Surr said:
I think it is scary that someone would wish death on another because they either do not understand the person's lifestyle or are somehow afraid (which is what homophobia is). I really cannot understand that kind of hatred.

For the homophobic bigots, I'd like to know the answer to this: How does someone "being gay" affect you life? What difference does it make who someone loves? Love is love is love. It does not matter.
Homophobia is a stupid word! I am NOT homophobic..........meaning, I'm not afraid of homos, just disgusted by their behaviour! There is a difference! Perhaps you should find a better word that captures the essence of how we fell about homos.......i throw out "disgusted"........so, what else ya got?

Love is NOT love. There are many types of love, but let me make it clear that homo "love" is not pure NOR natural!

However, if you want to classify me as a bigot......so be it.

I may be a bigot, but you are a fairy!

Army of One

Agape4Robin said:
Homophobia is a stupid word! I am NOT homophobic..........meaning, I'm not afraid of homos, just disgusted by their behaviour! There is a difference! Perhaps you should find a better word that captures the essence of how we fell about homos.......i throw out "disgusted"........so, what else ya got?
I've always prefered the term that Bob Enyart used back in the day:

"Homo-nauseated".:chuckle:

Rimi

lovemeorhateme said:
My conclusion:

It is scary, and morally wrong to be executing a homosexual just because they are a homosexual. People who say otherwise are just twisting scriptures, or fundamentalist muslim.

Great. Now you're saying God was twisting his own words or a fundamentalist muslim. Moron.

lovemeorhateme

Rimi said:
Great. Now you're saying God was twisting his own words or a fundamentalist muslim. Moron.

No, I am not. I am saying that the death penalty for homosexuality applied today, is a twist of the Bible. You cannot justify it today.

Rimi

lovemeorhateme said:
No, I am not. I am saying that the death penalty for homosexuality applied today, is a twist of the Bible. You cannot justify it today.

Since God will use His laws as the standard of judging, then guess what He thinks of homoism. If it was acceptable to Him then, and if we applied His way of doing things today, then it would not be twisted but what God wants.

shilohproject

Army of One said:
If yes, should it also be considered criminal? If yes, what should the punishment be?
The laws of the ancient Hebrew people should not dictate our criminal law today, in just the same way that we don't run around worrying about eating pork chops.:cool:

Army of One

shilohproject said:
The laws of the ancient Hebrew people should not dictate our criminal law today, in just the same way that we don't run around worrying about eating pork chops.:cool:
But I assume that you would agree that (even if it's obviously silly for us to outlaw pork, shellfish, and clothing of mixed fabrics) at least some of the "ancient Hebrew" laws are still applicable today. For instance, those outlawing murder, rape, theft, perjury, etc. So instead of just rejecting them all, what standard would you use to determine which laws are still relevant?

Agape4Robin

shilohproject said:
This only applies to believers in Christ!