Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The topic turns to justice, so liberals begin ranting about a flag.

rainee

I'm not a fan of laws restricting interracial marriage though. You?
Men instituted marriage laws supposedly for their reasons. As I tried to point out it has been illegal to divorce in different times and places.
All around marriage meant something frighteningly important it seems to me.

Do you think people tend to date and marry as political statements?
By people do you mean some people who generally are not part of the middle class or unwashed masses? You know. You know marriage has always been a political or strategic move for some, no, for many.
The man she loves and who loves her should marry her. Dilute? That's just nonsense. That's the vague language of racism, elevating one above the other...though honestly I don't think for a moment you'd find that white man her inferior. So what do you want for them? For her and the white fellow to remain separate in their uniqueness but equal? :rolleyes:
You are fairly glib on this subject of love and marriage...
I wonder how you will be as a parent, Town?

Say your son comes in on his 18th birthday and says, "Dad, I love a young woman with an IQ of 85. She is beautiful. She loves me. She never finished high school but says she comes from a wonderful large family who never finished high school either. I love her, Dad! Bless us."

Now tell me how you feel about this non religious, non political, non racial situation, please, ok?

I think you need to rethink your thinking, rainee. It needs an upgrade.

It's better to me that we date and marry the object of our interest and love.
I guess I'm simply not put together like you Town.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Men instituted marriage laws supposedly for their reasons. As I tried to point out it has been illegal to divorce in different times and places. All around marriage meant something frighteningly important it seems to me.
It was a simple question, but you didn't answer it.

By people do you mean some people who generally are not part of the middle class or unwashed masses? You know. You know marriage has always been a political or strategic move for some, no, for many.
For the vast majority marriage isn't a matter of power and the days of arranged marriages is almost entirely behind us.

You are fairly glib on this subject of love and marriage...
No, I'm not. I'm not being glib when I say racial barriers to marriage are offensive, that people should marry for love and respect. I'm not being glib when I ask you what that black guy knew he wasn't going to be able to pursue you. I'm not being glib when I note your seeing a black woman marrying a white man as "diluting" something smacks of the same mentality that created separate but equal.

But you're being evasive.

I wonder how you will be as a parent, Town?
Jack loves me. Most people who know us think I'm doing a pretty good job. He's been reading since he was two. Can count to a hundred. Makes jokes and can create an original narrative. He just turned four...but what I'm most proud of is his heart. He doesn't meet a stranger and he's a natural optimist. We talk about God together and he leads our nightly prayer. :)

Say your son comes in on his 18th birthday and says, "Dad, I love a young woman with an IQ of 85. She is beautiful. She loves me. She never finished high school but says she comes from a wonderful large family who never finished high school either. I love her, Dad! Bless us."

Now tell me how you feel about this non religious, non political, non racial situation, please, ok?
I'd say he's too young to make the decision. His prefrontal cortex hasn't fully formed and nearly seventy percent of marriages before the age of twenty five end in divorce. Couple that with the intellectual disparity and it's a bad idea.

Seems like.

rexlunae

What would you do? Tell him he can't marry for love? Tell him that the family's eugenic agenda trumps his own love and decision?

I have a cousin with an IQ of about 85. She's not able to live independently, she's likely to be a lifelong burden to her parents, and partially a ward of the state, and she can be very difficult to deal with. But she's a far, far better person than you are.

The most shocking thing is that you seem to think this is a challenging question, or even substantially different.

No one asked you to be Town, but it's a pathetic excuse to try to render a choice that you make as some sort of fundamental immutable characteristic. You choose to buy into these paternalist racial theories.

rainee

What would you do? Tell him he can't marry for love? Tell him that the family's eugenic agenda trumps his own love and decision?

I have a cousin with an IQ of about 85. She's not able to live independently, she's likely to be a lifelong burden to her parents, and partially a ward of the state, and she can be very difficult to deal with. But she's a far, far better person than you are.

The most shocking thing is that you seem to think this is a challenging question, or even substantially different.

No one asked you to be Town, but it's a pathetic excuse to try to render a choice that you make as some sort of fundamental immutable characteristic. You choose to buy into these paternalist racial theories.
You realize you are talking too ugly for me to talk back about this subject seriously...
Don't call me names or lower your common dignity or mine, please.

But you asked what would I do?

I don't know, Rex.

How can anyone know as a parent in a situation like this until many facts are gathered, many pertinent points are considered and probably prayer and maybe fasting?

Which is what my point is.

Y'all are guys so I don't know how to say this but little girls of all types should be taught and raised to be closed doors because this is their life we are talking about...those doors should be closed until something very right is there - and maybe on more than one level, I really don't know...
I never have been in a situation like that... Are you familiar with the story of Dinah, the only daughter of Jacob and sister to Judah and all those boys who would become tribes? I think about that and wonder what could have happened. It might've been very good.

But when people today talk about love? The way Town talked about love?

Well, I believe two people, any two people, on a desert island - if they practice just the basic principles I see in the Bible can and will love each other.
That is unfortunately what I believe. We and love are all about this : God made us to love and be loved. Look at the story of Ruth. However, we are fallen creatures and we are not living on little desert islands,,, so, so, sew a button...

Oh and as for boys: Proverbs has several places where God, Solomon or even a king's mother is trying to save sons from being intolerably inconsiderate of keeping their body, their spirit, their very life alive and well, right?

Now obviously not one of these hangs on race but just since that is the current popular chew dog toy for liberals - well yeah - I've known of two white women who ended up not staying with the baby daddy, and the child, a son each time, grew up getting into lots of trouble and obviously angry and frustrated. What went wrong I don't know. Maybe just a broken relationship hurt these boys, or having no dad around? I do not know. But I don't know yet if anyone thinks about the children in any number of situations the liberals are okaying.
But growing up can be hard any way, yeah? So there you are, no matter where you go.

And here is a little song on what I think we should really be thinking about regarding what happened, and the song writers who made this story up seemed to understand some human thing about us, don't you think? But she took it all too jovially - that is what bothers me! How could she not be horrified at us?
Carole King - Smackwater Jack

rainee

Very good, informative read. An invaluable outsider's perspective.

I am putting part of this one article but almost put something about the Coney Island Human Zoo as well.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_zoo
HUMAN ZOOS
Quote:
1870s to World War II

bronx_lg.jpg

Ota Benga, a human exhibit, in 1906. Age, 23 years. Height, 4 feet 11 inches (150 cm).
Weight, 103 pounds (47kg).
Brought from the Kasai River, Congo Free State, South Central Africa, by Dr. Samuel P. Verner.
Exhibited each afternoon during September.
— a sign outside the primate house at the Bronx Zoo, September 1906.[6]

In the 1870s, exhibitions of exotic populations became popular in various countries.

Human zoos could be found in Paris, Hamburg, Antwerp, Barcelona, London, Milan, New York, and Warsaw with 200,000 to 300,000 visitors attending each exhibition.

In 1896, to increase the number of visitors, the Cincinnati Zoo invited one hundred Sioux Native Americans to establish a village at the site. The Sioux lived at the zoo for three months.[10]...

In 1904, Apaches, Igorots (from the Philippines) and the famous Ota Benga were displayed, dubbed as "primitive", at the Saint Louis World Fair in association with the 1904 Summer Olympics.
The USA had just acquired, following the Spanish–American War, new territories such as Guam, the Philippines, and Puerto Rico, allowing them to "display" some of the native inhabitants.[11] According to the Rev. Sequoyah Ade,

"To further illustrate the indignities heaped upon the Philippine people following their eventual loss to the Americans, the United States made the Philippine campaign the centrepoint of the 1904 World's Fair held that year in St. Louis, MI [sic]. In what was enthusiastically termed a "parade of evolutionary progress," visitors could inspect the "primitives" that represented the counterbalance to "Civilisation" justifying Kipling's poem "The White Man's Burden".

Pygmies from New Guinea and Africa, who were later displayed in the Primate section of the Bronx Zoo, were paraded next to American Indians such as Apache warrior Geronimo, who sold his autograph.

But the main draw was the Philippine exhibition complete with full size replicas of Indigenous living quarters erected to exhibit the inherent backwardness of the Philippine people.

The purpose was to highlight both the "civilising" influence of American rule and the economic potential of the island chains' natural resources on the heels of the Philippine–American War. It was, reportedly, the largest specific Aboriginal exhibition displayed in the exposition. As one pleased visitor commented, the human zoo exhibition displayed "the race narrative of odd peoples who mark time while the world advances, and of savages made, by American methods, into civilized workers."[12]

In 1906, socialite and amateur anthropologist Madison Grant, head of the New York Zoological Society, had Congolese pygmy Ota Benga put on display at the Bronx Zoo in New York City alongside apes and other animals. At the behest of Grant, a prominent eugenicist, the zoo director William Hornaday placed Ota Benga displayed in a cage with the chimpanzees, then with an orangutan named Dohong, and a parrot, and labeled him The Missing Link, suggesting that in evolutionary terms Africans like Ota Benga were closer to apes than were Europeans. It triggered protests from the city's clergymen, but the public reportedly flocked to see it.[6][13]
.../Quote

These acts of mans inhumanity to man are merely the briefest examples of how righteous the North was in wanting to vilify the South.
I told you money and money of the future were the greatest part of the problem.
I told you the South did not see what you see today.
I told you the North was full of hypocrisy.

I told you the Confederate Flag changed into The battle Flag when the South was attacked by the North.
The leaders there realized they needed a flag that did NOT still look like the flag of the original colonies that pledged loyalty to one another in the First Constitution they had just a few years before this war. No they needed something different. They got rid of the Colonial style circle flag and made the cross flag.

You need to tell the dumb liberals to get off this blind jaunt of theirs.

We all want things better today than yesterday - and that means not the same old human hypocrisy, lies, and general crapola.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I told you the Confederate Flag changed into The battle Flag when the South was attacked by the North.

Uh...what? It was the South who did the leaving and the South who fired the first shot. What kind of half-baked history are you trying to peddle? And what other low-rent racism/segregation are you selling today?

rainee

Uh...what? It was the South who did the leaving and the South who fired the first shot. What kind of half-baked history are you trying to peddle? And what other low-rent racism/segregation are you selling today?

Granite,
You're killing me. I mean it my life is getting shorter every time I read a post yours...

Please let this suffice:
#1. South Carolina seceded in December.
#2. South Carolina ran the north eastern governments soldiers off their sovereign states land a few or couple months later. That was considered an act of war by the North. But all the Northern soldiers had to do was leave.
#3. The first battle of said War was later in Virginia when the Southern soldiers were attacked by who? Oh yes, the northern governments soldiers. The Southern Flag was changed when in the fighting it became obvious they all looked alike. How could you know friend or foe? They most all came from freaking colonials.

Now please no more confusion. Ok?

Also, regarding Carole King ...have you looked at the words in her song JAZZMAN? She has a unique touch on spiritual or religious terms. If you look at her other songs the lyrics seem to show she has an uncanny gift with understanding humans. I love it, and sometimes it disturbs me terribly, see? So I didn't want to post her Smackwater Jack back then and give anybody any ideas. But now it hardly matters what she sang since a weak angry young man went so far as to even shoot a congregation. (Shaking head sadly)

rainee

And to TOWN,
I apologize more deeply than I can show for bringing anything personal into our conversation, I totally disapprove of it and wish I could take it all back.
I am ashamed I did it because you called me racist. Which this is no justification.
Please forgive me. I am sorry.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Granite,
You're killing me. I mean it my life is getting shorter every time I read a post yours...

Please let this suffice:
#1. South Carolina seceded in December.
#2. South Carolina ran the north eastern governments soldiers off their sovereign states land a few or couple months later. That was considered an act of war by the North. But all the Northern soldiers had to do was leave.
#3. The first battle of said War was later in Virginia when the Southern soldiers were attacked by who? Oh yes, the northern governments soldiers. The Southern Flag was changed when in the fighting it became obvious they all looked alike. How could you know friend or foe? They most all came from freaking colonials.

Now please no more confusion. Ok?

Also, regarding Carole King ...have you looked at the words in her song JAZZMAN? She has a unique touch on spiritual or religious terms. If you look at her other songs the lyrics seem to show she has an uncanny gift with understanding humans. I love it, and sometimes it disturbs me terribly, see? So I didn't want to post her Smackwater Jack back then and give anybody any ideas. But now it hardly matters what she sang since a weak angry young man went so far as to even shoot a congregation. (Shaking head sadly)

I guess Fort Sumter doesn't count for anything.:yawn: