ECT Shazam, TOL! The Lord Jesus Christ already returned in 70 AD

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Russell is referring to the very issue that you, a Preterist in how you approach attemptimg to understand one passage or another, are ever at odds with Interplanner about (a Partial Preterist in his approach, more or less).

I'm considered a Partial Preterist, not a full Preterist.

Full Preterism teaches that everything happened by 70AD. They claim the thousand years was between 30AD and 70AD, and that everything in Revelation happened by 70AD including, the second resurrection of the dead, the Great White Throne Judgment, and satan being cast into the lake of fire.

I believe the thousand years are right now, that satan will be loosed for a little while before they are over, and that the second resurrection, GWTJ, and satan being cast into the lake are all future events.

In fact, your extreme view dates to the 1970's, and is not only considered an extreme within Partial Preterism, but an out right heresy.

You're wrong.

My views are considered "partial" within Preterism.

As for Orgin. Yeah, ok. The guy who infected the faith back then with what later reemerged once more during the age of the Reformers - Scholastic Mysticism.

Preterism isn't a systematic theology like Dispensationalism is. Preterism deals almost exclusively with eschatology. I am usually in 100% agreement with Dispensationalism on grace, salvation, OSAS, free volition, cessation of sign gifts, baptism, etc.
Riddle me this, Tet.

What exactly is Scholastic Mysticism?

That's too vague of a question.

You need to be more specific (i.e. supernatural, natural, theist, individualist, pantheist, practical, speculative, philosophical, etc.)

You might want to sort this one out, Tet - it is the exact basis of much of what you and most others within Christianity hold to, even within the Mid-Acts of most whom I have dealt with, read, and or heard speak over the years.

I'm comfortable in my walk with God, and my faith in Christ Jesus.

You won't see me asking people if they think I'm saved or not, like you see others here on TOL doing all the time.

Though, the more willing Believer; upon becoming aware of this that the Scripture often warns against, immediately seeks a means of examining one self whether one be in the faith in light of this, and then follows that with seeking out in Scripture a means of ridding one self of this very heresy.

Now you're sounding like a Gnostic.

However, Gnosticism is a fun subject to talk about.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the earliest references that formed a basis for dispensationalism comes from:

Romans-Philemon, by the apostle Paul.

See how that works, you stupid punk?

Nope, you're wrong again Little Johnny W.

The Apostle Paul never said a peep about a secret rapture only taking certain people away, then an antichrist popping up right after the secret rapture, who makes a covenant with the Jews, but then turns on the Jews 3.5 years later, and then a great tribulation on the Jews, then Christ Jesus returning with all the people He raptured 7 years prior to defeat the antichrist in a battle called Armageddon, then building a third temple, and Jesus sitting on David's literal throne overseeing animal sacrifices for sin atonement for exactly 1,000 years.

All this rubbish was invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830, didn't exist before Darby invented it, and is in direct opposition to what the Apostle Paul wrote

john w

Hall of Fame

The Apostle Paul never said a peep about a secret rapture only taking certain people away, then an antichrist popping up right after the secret rapture, who makes a covenant with the Jews, but then turns on the Jews 3.5 years later, and then a great tribulation on the Jews, then Christ Jesus returning with all the people He raptured 7 years prior to defeat the antichrist in a battle called Armageddon, then building a third temple, and Jesus sitting on David's literal throne overseeing animal sacrifices for sin atonement for exactly 1,000 years.

All this rubbish was invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830, didn't exist before Darby invented it, and is in direct opposition to what the Apostle Paul wrote

Nope, James 2:3 KJV, effeminate gay devil boy, as you merely spam that word for word dung, from your father the devil.

One of the earliest references that formed a basis for dispensationalism comes from:

Romans-Philemon, by the apostle Paul.

Paul wrote about it, sissy.

See how that works, you stupid punk?

No one ever taught this dung, from the pits of hell, this "AD 70-ism," Preterism ,that asserts an "invisible, un-physical" "Jesus" returned in AD 70, and everyone saw him,as you made up, until recently, and that the second coming, was also the Roman army, as you say, you clown of satan. It was therefore, "invented."

The gay, wimpy, frail Craigie, caught in his big, fat, devil lie:

"All this rubbish was invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830, didn't exist before Darby invented it, and is in direct opposition to what the Apostle Paul wrote."

Are these your words, habitual liar Tellalie?:

"That's not my argument.

"I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was. I specifically said that no one taught about Christ coming back twice before Darby did."-Tellalie.

I never said it was wrong for how old it is.”-Tellalie

(Vs.

"My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.”-Tellalie.)

You lie, more than you cry, gay devil boy.

Prove that AD 70-ism/ Preterism, is not invented, sweetie, you receiving it directly from God, via revelation, as you claim you do/did.)

Craigie:

Not a peep, from the admitted sodomite/satanist.

john w

Hall of Fame

Weak, sissy, wimpy Craigie:

Russell invented AD 70-ism/Preterism.

Prove that AD 70-ism/Preterism is not "invented," that you received it directly from God, via revelation, as you claim, and no one, and no "men, taught it to you, since you obviously have never followed "the teachings of men," as others do,as asked.

Prove that you have infallible teachers, from God, as you claim you do.

Tellalie/slander Craigie pie:

I thought so. I've shut the satanist up, for a while.

Right, Craigie? How did you get that cute name?

Danoh

I'm considered a Partial Preterist, not a full Preterist.

Full Preterism teaches that everything happened by 70AD. They claim the thousand years was between 30AD and 70AD, and that everything in Revelation happened by 70AD including, the second resurrection of the dead, the Great White Throne Judgment, and satan being cast into the lake of fire.

I believe the thousand years are right now, that satan will be loosed for a little while before they are over, and that the second resurrection, GWTJ, and satan being cast into the lake are all future events.

You're wrong.

My views are considered "partial" within Preterism.

Preterism isn't a systematic theology like Dispensationalism is. Preterism deals almost exclusively with eschatology. I am usually in 100% agreement with Dispensationalism on grace, salvation, OSAS, free volition, cessation of sign gifts, baptism, etc.

That's too vague of a question.

You need to be more specific (i.e. supernatural, natural, theist, individualist, pantheist, practical, speculative, philosophical, etc.)

I'm comfortable in my walk with God, and my faith in Christ Jesus.

You won't see me asking people if they think I'm saved or not, like you see others here on TOL doing all the time.

Now you're sounding like a Gnostic.

However, Gnosticism is a fun subject to talk about.

Personally, I have never minded being proven wrong where such is actually the case.

You'd know your view in all its details better than I would as I do not subscribe to your view for the simple reason that it fails to understand Law and it's Grace, in contrast to Mystery Grace.

When a view violates that much; the rest can only "wax worse and worse."

I shall continue to examine it though, when I do; for all views fascinate me.

Mid-Acts continues to hold sound - Genesis through Revelation in light of Romans thru Philemon.

As for the question I asked you; I will not spoonfeed you its answer only to have you; given it was spoonfed to you and not your own labor; gainsay that too.

whitestone

lol,,,,

The apostle Paul never said a peep about a secret rapture only taking certain people away(although in preterit beliefs we say that they were secretly raised before ad70 and then secretly again at death,lol),then an antichrist(sic)popping up right after the secret rapture(but preterits are certain an Antichrist did to so we can have all this fulfilled by ad70,lol), who makes a covenant with the Jews(again, if they had the mark then they had to have made an agreement with Caesar so we preterits teach they did with no proof,lol),,,,,

But then turns on the Jews 3.5 years later, and then a great tribulation on the Jews(siege,revolt ect Titus delivers the deadly wound to the beast that was,was not yet is,,but we say it's the end of the world=ad66-70 ,,lol),,,

,Then Christ Jesus returning with all the people he raptured(sic) 7 years prior to defeat the antichrist(sic) in a battle called Armageddon(again since we went on gut instinct in the matter of the mark/beast, and amused it just had to be there we also teach,you guessed it,,,that Jesus returned at the destruction of Jerusalem/ad70 and defeated the Antichrist at Armageddon),,,,

,Then building a third temple,and Jesus sitting on Davids literal throne(we say this all happened in ad70=unseen),,overseeing animal sacrifices for sin atonement(we preterits have no Gospel of our salvation,give us a break it's confusing),for exactly a 1000 years(we think we're in it,lol),,,,

All this rubbish was invented by Luis DE alcazar between 1554 and 1613 ,didn't exist before De alcazar invented it and is in direct opposition to what Paul wrote,,,

Tet,,in which tense do you curse the rubbish?

john w

Hall of Fame
lol,,,,

The apostle Paul never said a peep about a secret rapture only taking certain people away(although in preterit beliefs we say that they were secretly raised before ad70 and then secretly again at death,lol),then an antichrist(sic)popping up right after the secret rapture(but preterits are certain an Antichrist did to so we can have all this fulfilled by ad70,lol), who makes a covenant with the Jews(again, if they had the mark then they had to have made an agreement with Caesar so we preterits teach they did with no proof,lol),,,,,

But then turns on the Jews 3.5 years later, and then a great tribulation on the Jews(siege,revolt ect Titus delivers the deadly wound to the beast that was,was not yet is,,but we say it's the end of the world=ad66-70 ,,lol),,,

,Then Christ Jesus returning with all the people he raptured(sic) 7 years prior to defeat the antichrist(sic) in a battle called Armageddon(again since we went on gut instinct in the matter of the mark/beast, and amused it just had to be there we also teach,you guessed it,,,that Jesus returned at the destruction of Jerusalem/ad70 and defeated the Antichrist at Armageddon),,,,

,Then building a third temple,and Jesus sitting on Davids literal throne(we say this all happened in ad70=unseen),,overseeing animal sacrifices for sin atonement(we preterits have no Gospel of our salvation,give us a break it's confusing),for exactly a 1000 years(we think we're in it,lol),,,,

All this rubbish was invented by Luis DE alcazar between 1554 and 1613 ,didn't exist before De alcazar invented it and is in direct opposition to what Paul wrote,,,

1.Made up. Translated: Assert, pound the podium, return to satanic AD 70-ism/Preterism echo chamber.

2. It is quite irrelevant when veracity is discovered.

3. Are not all false doctrines, "invented?" Prove that whatever "doctrine" to which you subscribe, is not "invented," i.e., you received it directly from God, via revelation.

The assertion that a particular doctrine is "invented," does NADA to nullify the truth of it, nor does it do anything to support an opposing doctrine. It's sophistry, at best; satanic, devious, worst case.

whitestone

1.Made up. Translated: Assert, pound the podium, return to satanic AD 70-ism/Preterism echo chamber.

2. It is quite irrelevant when veracity is discovered.

3. Are not all false doctrines, "invented? Prove that whatever "doctrine" to which you subscribe, is not invented, i.e., you received it directly from God, via revelation.

lol,,,well excuse me I'm not a very good preterit am I?,,,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
your view for the simple reason that it fails to understand Law and it's Grace, in contrast to Mystery Grace.

How?

Dispensationalism limits God's grace to certain people, and has other people having to commit works in addition to faith in order to keep their salvation. That's about as anti-grace as it gets.

Not to mention the fact that Dispensationalism has the certain people who receive the grace, being secretly rapture away, and then God making the poor "kingdom believers" going back to performing works and sacrificing animals again. That again is very anti-grace.

IOW, your Dispensationalism is very anti-grace.

john w

Hall of Fame
How?

Dispensationalism limits God's grace to certain people, and has other people having to commit works in addition to faith in order to keep their salvation. That's about as anti-grace as it gets.

Not to mention the fact that Dispensationalism has the certain people who receive the grace, being secretly rapture away, and then God making the poor "kingdom believers" going back to performing works and sacrificing animals again. That again is very anti-grace.

Prove that AD 70-ism/Preterism is not "invented," that you received it directly from God, via revelation, as you claim, and no one, and no "men, taught it to you, since you obviously have never followed "the teachings of men," as others do,as asked.

Prove that you have infallible teachers, from God, as you claim you do.

Tellalie/slander Craigie pie:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
tetelestai is correct,
Paul's teaching were two fold, to the Jews of that time and also the early Christian church.
None of the bible was written to anybody after the disciples pasted away. There are no more prophets of God. All of the bible is for our understanding, not to our generation.

You're wrong Sherlock.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The apostle Paul never said a peep about a secret rapture only taking certain people away

Correct.
(although in preterit beliefs we say that they were secretly raised before ad70 and then secretly again at death,lol),

Paul told the Thessalonians who thought that the resurrection already happened, that the Great Jewish Revolt had to happen first. The Great Jewish Revolt happened in 66AD, the resurrection happened in 70AD (not before)

Paul also said he and his contemporaries were living during the culmination of the ages.

No "secretly again at death". Since 70AD, when believers physically die, they instantly go to the kingdom.

then an antichrist(sic)popping up right after the secret rapture(but preterits are certain an Antichrist did to so we can have all this fulfilled by ad70,lol),

No secret rapture.

Paul and Peter tell us that back then antichrists were already present, and that the beast existed.

Peter made it clear it was "the last hour".

who makes a covenant with the Jews(again, if they had the mark then they had to have made an agreement with Caesar so we preterits teach they did with no proof,lol),,,,,

Dispensationalists have an antichrist making a covenant.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It was Christ Jesus who made the new covenant with His shed blood.

Sir Robert Anderson (a Darby contemporary) is the man responsible for butchering Daniel 9, and claiming the antichrist makes the covenant.

No matter how much you try, you can't escape the fact that not one stone was left standing upon another in 70AD, and that when the Christians saw the city surrounded, they fled to the hills.

lol.

Where do the people go for 7 years who allegedly get secretly raptured (no "sic" needed) away?

,Then building a third temple,and Jesus sitting on Davids literal throne(we say this all happened in ad70=unseen),,

Correct, Christ Jesus sat down on His throne in the kingdom in 70AD.

overseeing animal sacrifices for sin atonement(we preterits have no Gospel of our salvation,give us a break it's confusing),for exactly a 1000 years(we think we're in it,lol),,,,

I have a gospel for my salvation. (1 Cor 15:1-4)

All this rubbish was invented by Luis DE alcazar between 1554 and 1613 ,

I have already provided many quotes from hundreds of years before Luis DE alcazar (sic) was born that teach Preterism.

didn't exist before De alcazar invented it and is in direct opposition to what Paul wrote,,,

Again, De alcazar (sic) didn't invent Preterism if other men preached it before him, and I am happy to provide verses from the Apostle Paul's epistles that fully support Preterism

Past, present, and future.

whitestone

You don't have no beast Tet,,You cant account for the head that was wounded to death. They were in the siege in Jerusalem in ad70,,but the words "Jewish revolt",,proves that they did "NOT WORSHIP CAESAR NOR USE HIS MONEY",,,I'm gonna ask you that a few more times and they will recognize it,,,Got an answer? preterism falls for real(no metaphor) if not,,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't have no beast Tet,,

Putting your double negative aside, I told you that it's not that important to me to pinpoint exactly who the beast was.

I know the beast existed circa 66AD - 70AD.

I have a few ideas of who it was, but not 100% positive.

You cant account for the head that was wounded to death.

Even if i cant(sic) account for it, I'm certain it took place in the first century.

They were in the siege in Jerusalem in ad70,,

The siege began in 66AD

but the words "Jewish revolt",,proves that they did "NOT WORSHIP CAESAR NOR USE HIS MONEY",,,

Um....no it doesn't.

There was a civil war amongst the Jews, as many of them remained loyal to Caesar.

I'm gonna ask you that a few more times and they will recognize it,,,Got an answer?

Ask away.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now that I've placed TeT on ignore

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been begging you to put me on ignore.

You're MAD cheerleading is obnoxious.

BTW, how many times have you put me on ignore? I lost track after about the 25th time you said you put me on ignore.

Danoh

How?

Darby was able to see what he saw, before the label; not after.

Likewise with O'Hair.

You assert the same about your own.

And yet, you insist on looking at other views not only from a label, but from your peception of it.

Its one thing to mention a label - for the convenience of that.

It is totally another to take the label to be the actual object.

Yours truly, Pablo Picasso, lol