Shai Gar - ENTP - Satanist - Theology Debater

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
So once you wanted to believe it, you did. I see.
I'm not sure that is accurate. It is not so much that I wanted to believe so much as it was ceasing to fight against it. I did not want to believe. I did not want to know God. I had nothing but scorn for all those week minded Christians and I didn't want to know anything about the vile they spouted. And yet...

Granite said:
Your faith persists because you need it.
Faith does not persist because I need it, faith persists because it has been, and continues to be, tested and it has proved reliable.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Tested by what and to what objective control state has it been tested against?
Tested by you and Granite and Fool and all the other unbelievers who constantly attempt to prove faith is misplaced. Tested by the news of famine and war and genocide. Tested by my wife cancer and my daughters mild though chronic condition. It is tested by science and biology. And all those those tests fail to asail my faith because they all test the wrong thing. The world tests my faith by saying if there was a God there wouldn't be war and yet we have wars. If God was real we wouldn't be sick and yet we have sickness. If God was real then there wouldn't be any evidence for evolution and yet we have have evidence that supports evolution. If God were real we cuold fine the Arc or the Ark or any other major Biblical archilogical proof and yet we have not found it. The world tests my faith in many meaningless ways.

Faith is about how I respond to war. Blessed is the peace maker. Faith is about how we deal with cancer. Care for the sick. Faith is about how we deal with science. That evolution occurs does not mean that it does so without God. Faith is not about proving this or disproving that. Faith is not about judging you as worthy of heaven or hell.

Faith is about loving God and showing that love by living a life of service to your fellow man. Faith is about trying to show people that God loves them by helping people in times of need. Faith is rewarded not by money or victories over evolutionists, faith is rewarded in the smile and thank you from the people you help each day.

Shai Gar

Yes. The Earth Wobbles. However since the longitudes and latitudes were devised by man, and in fact the longitudes are arbitrarily placed (0 00'00.00"E runs through Grenwich), so that means it remains the same at all times, even though the world wobbles.

fool

Hall of Fame
I stand corrected. I thought that the Chandler wobble constituted a wobble of the earth itself, rather than a change in the axis of rotation alone. (Though the effect amounts to only a 12-meter change.)

I'm a builder don't give me "only 12 meters" that's like 40 feet!

fool

Hall of Fame
Yes. The Earth Wobbles. However since the longitudes and latitudes were devised by man, and in fact the longitudes are arbitrarily placed (0 00'00.00"E runs through Grenwich), so that means it remains the same at all times, even though the world wobbles.

It means the are up to 40 feet off most of the time.
Don't confuse history with science.

The Graphite

A mere 40 feet?

Sheesh... Cosmically speaking, that's hair's breadth.

Or is it a hare's breath? or something like that. Either way, it's like nothing.

Shai Gar

Question for Granite.

How did you get The Joker avatar? I've always Identified with the joker and the front-ends of each of my SG websites (shaigar.org, net, com) are all pictures of the Joker with a black background.

The Joker Corner picture you use is also the one I use on websites as my avatar, or did before my cat died I November and I went into mourning. I'd not mind using the Joker here.

fool

Hall of Fame
The Joker Corner picture you use is also the one I use on websites as my avatar, or did before my cat died I November and I went into mourning. I'd not mind using the Joker here.

What did your cat dieing have to do with you not useing Joker avatars?

Shai Gar

I replaced my Joker avatars with a picture of my cat. Partly out of guilt that I wasn't there that night with him and partly so I could continue seeing his face everywhere post I made.

fool

Hall of Fame
I replaced my Joker avatars with a picture of my cat. Partly out of guilt that I wasn't there that night with him and partly so I could continue seeing his face everywhere post I made.

A man should have a pet, it learns him about careing for something other than himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.