Sessions met with Russian envoy 2X last year, encounters he later did not disclose!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why don't we investigate who Hitlery met with and communicated with during her weak campaign, and investigate all of her staffers for the same thing -
Wait...didn't you vote for the guy who got around three million fewer votes than her weak campaign? :plain:

Whatever you do, don't sink your money into that product. Turns out no one is buying. :plain:

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
People who labor under lies, and yet demand proof for every syllable of which another person speaks even if it is 'the sky is blue' :chuckle:

Danoh

People who labor under lies, and 'fact check' every syllable of which a person speaks by those who also labor under lies :chuckle:

It's interesting - you, Gross Nick, and Patrick barely ever post anything but the ever obviously erroneous content of each your just as obviously often apparantly not to well informed minds.

Far more often then not; you three merely assert a thing as being so, or not, and that is supposed to be the end of it.

Fascinating...how do you three get through a day with this Mr. Magoo routine of yours? :chuckle:

jeffblue101

Even if you charitably accept that explanation, that does not explain, nor can similar reasoning account for, the written answer to Senator Leahy.

It's fascinating to see so many conservatives so uninterested in Russian meddling in our elections.

And this: https://thinkprogress.org/session-russian-ambassador-meeting-september-86388c6a56c5#.xkf4gsmob

LEAHY: Several of the President-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?

SESSIONS: No.

It's only a lie if he talked about the election, in fact this narrow phrasing "about the 2016 election" disproves that the democrats wanted a broad answer for any contact as a senator.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's exactly it. He had a chance to come clean and decided to be evasive. So is he hiding something, is he less than honest by nature, is he too dim to understand the implication of being less than transparent? No matter his excuse it casts doubt on someone who America needs to trust.

It's time to move on and replace him with someone of less questionable character.
You mean like how we could trust Loretta Lynch? It is time to move on, and watch Jeff serve 8 years as AG

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's only a lie if he talked about the election, in fact this narrow phrasing "about the 2016 election" disproves that the democrats wanted a broad answer for any contact as a senator.
Jeff is all sorts of things I don't care for, but he's an able lawyer and he understands the purpose of evasion as well as anyone. His omission was just that and it was intentional. He knew he'd met with the Russians on multiple occasions and he knew that he should disclose that and could have if he hadn't minded the heat to come with, "No, though I met with the Russian ambassador in my capacity as a senator, unrelated to the campaign in any particular and on a couple of occasions." Hopefully, he could have added, "I've done that any number of times over the course of my service to the Senate. This wasn't remarkable or related and I offer it purely in the interest of full disclosure."

What's understandable in the average person, his, "In retrospect I should have slowed down," as if he didn't think about it, rushed through it, isn't acceptable from an attorney with numbers of depositions, cross examinations, etc.

That said, absent hard evidence that he did something untoward or unethical I don't see this as justifying calls for him to step down. The recusal is reasonable enough. He made a poor choice. We can't know why, but it doesn't rise to the level of perjury as I read it.

jeffblue101

Jeff is all sorts of things I don't care for, but he's an able lawyer and he understands the purpose of evasion as well as anyone. His omission was just that and it was intentional. He knew he'd met with the Russians on multiple occasions and he knew that he should disclose that and could have if he hadn't minded the heat to come with, "No, though I met with the Russian ambassador in my capacity as a senator, unrelated to the campaign in any particular and on a couple of occasions." Hopefully, he could have added, "I've done that any number of times over the course of my service to the Senate. This wasn't remarkable or related and I offer it purely in the interest of full disclosure."

What's understandable in the average person, his, "In retrospect I should have slowed down," as if he didn't think about it, rushed through it, isn't acceptable from an attorney with numbers of depositions, cross examinations, etc.

That said, absent hard evidence that he did something untoward or unethical I don't see this as justifying calls for him to step down. The recusal is reasonable enough. He made a poor choice. We can't know why, but it doesn't rise to the level of perjury as I read it.

I partially agree with you, Sessions holds some fault in this. As a Republican senator he should have known that Senate Democrats are fundamentally dishonest people who will twist and distort any ambiguity in order to push an insane conspiracy theory in the hopes that it gets Trump impeached.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I just hope he doesn't rush anything. After all, I think that he would want to know what is in his legislation before it is passed, unlike the Democrats.

Nancy Pelosi: "But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

But by the time we found out what was in it Nancy says: "Too bad sucker! You can't keep your health plan and you can't keep your doctor."
Trump and the Republicans have promised healthcare insurance that is better, lower cost, without mandates and available to those with preexisting conditions - which may explain why they're now keeping it under lock and key because such a program defies the laws of physics, not to mention finance!

The Republicans have had 8 years to produce their healthcare plan and yet "Jerry Shugart" is still making excuses to divert attention away from the fact that this "motley crew" can't get their act together.

jeffblue101

and yet another democrat gets caught lying about Russian contact in order to attack Sessions
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...t-lying-nation-russian-intelligence-contacts/
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Friday that she’s never met with the current Russian ambassador, Sergey Kislyak.

“Not with this Russian ambassador, no,” Pelosi told POLITICO’s Jake Sherman and Anna Palmer during a Playbook interview, when asked whether she had ever met with the Russian envoy.

But a file photo from Pelosi’s 2010 meeting with Russian President Dmitriy Medvedev shows Kislyak at the table across from Pelosi — then House speaker — and Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.). Medvedev had been in the country for a meeting with President Barack Obama a day earlier and stopped in on Capitol Hill to meet with congressional leaders as well.

VqISRh1C

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Sessions met with Russian envoy 2X last year, encounters he later did not disclose!

Donald Trump has stated repeatedly that he has had no contact with the Russians.

If we are to take him at his word, what is the rationale for General Flynn, Jeff Sessions and Trump's own son-in-law, Jared Kushner, for withholding the fact that they met with the Russian ambassador?

jeffblue101

this will become the democrats "birther" conspiracy
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...zer-jeff-sessions-meeting-russian-ambassador/
The first came at a conference on “Global Partners in Diplomacy,” where Sessions was the keynote speaker. Sponsored by the U.S. State Department, The Heritage Foundation, and several other organizations, it was held in Cleveland during the Republican National Convention.

The conference was an educational program for ambassadors invited by the Obama State Department to observe the convention. The Obama State Department handled all of the coordination with ambassadors and their staff, of which there were about 100 at the conference.

Apparently, after Sessions finished speaking, a small group of ambassadors—including the Russian ambassador—approached the senator as he left the stage and thanked him for his remarks. That’s the first “meeting.” And it’s hardly an occasion—much less a venue—in when a conspiracy to “interfere” with the November election could be hatched.

Danoh

Donald Trump has stated repeatedly that he has had no contact with the Russians.

If we are to take him at his word, what is the rationale for General Flynn, Jeff Sessions and Trump's own son-in-law, Jared Kushner, for withholding the fact that they met with the Russian ambassador?

The obvious but to the Trump drone - that Trump is being what he has ever been known for throughout his life long history of political and financial corruption for self-gain...he is being...a liar...once more.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

:allsmile:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
and yet another democrat gets caught lying about Russian contact in order to attack Sessions
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...t-lying-nation-russian-intelligence-contacts/
The publicly available photograph says it all - Nancy Pelosi in a room fill of people!

She didn't send the Vice President and White House Press Secretary out to deny that the meeting took place nor did she withhold its existence from a Senate Committee.

Any attempt to portray this as the moral equivalent to Session's selective memory shows how desperate conservative are in need of compelling arguments to refute the continuous series of missteps!

To be fair, "jeffblue101" can now produce all the photos of the Trump surrogates meeting with the Russian ambassador - let's not hold our breath!