Saved Can Be Revoked

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I happen to agree with you Squeaky.

Hebrews 6:4-6King James Version (KJV)

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Only those who continue to hear the voice of the Savior will be saved.
Nope.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Once saved ALWAYS saved

Ephesians 1:12-13,14 KJV -

I interpret it as once God saves you He won't take it away. However we as agents of human freewill can walk away at any time. Read Hebrews 6:4-8 again. Who are those who were once enlightened? Who are those who have tasted the good Word? Who are those who it is impossible to renew again to repentance for they would again crucify the Son of God?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I interpret it as once God saves you He won't take it away. However we as agents of human freewill can walk away at any time. Read Hebrews 6:4-8 again. Who are those who were once enlightened? Who are those who have tasted the good Word? Who are those who it is impossible to renew again to repentance for they would again crucify the Son of God?

I said
That is the five steps of Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT (5 STEPS)
Matt 12:30-32
30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Heb 6:4-6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit,
5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
I Jn 5:16
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
2 Pet 2:21
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
1Thes 5:19
19 Do not quench the Spirit.
Luke 12:10
10 "And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.
Matt 26:24
24 "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born."
Matt 21:19
19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, "Let no fruit grow on you ever again." And immediately the fig tree withered away.
(NKJ)

There are 5 steps in blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Heb 6-4 defines blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Only preachers that have gone through these 5 steps can be unforgiven of blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Until one gets through all 5 steps they will be back sliding, or stumbling, or blaspheming. But if one gets through all 5 steps and then turns away. or says no to the Holy Spirit. Even now there are only two acceptable responses to the Holy Spirit. Obey or repent. They will never be called back. The milk understanding is 3 to 4 years long. The meat understanding is 11 years long. At the end of the 14 years one should come to revelations from Jesus. To rewrite his conscience. The conscience being your book of beliefs in your mind. But it takes the whole 14 years to crucify the flesh. I have been receiving these revelations now for 10 years. And if you will look in Gal 1-9 through Gal 2-2 you will see where Paul is exsplaining how long it takes to start receiving revelations of Christ.

2 Cor 11:12-15
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:26
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:5-6
5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 2:20-22
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Once saved ALWAYS saved

Ephesians 1:12-13,14 KJV -

I said
Saved has always been temporary. In order for one to work out their salvation. People are saved as a protection while they try to work out their salvation. But if they don't believe the Word rightly they will be destroyed.

[Heb 3:16
16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, [was it] not all who came out of Egypt, [led] by Moses?
[Jde 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Saved has always been temporary. In order for one to work out their salvation. People are saved as a protection while they try to work out their salvation. But if they don't believe the Word rightly they will be destroyed.

[Heb 3:16
16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, [was it] not all who came out of Egypt, [led] by Moses?
[Jde 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

I think our salvation is secure in that we have it for as long as we desire it. I do not believe that it is God who takes away our salvation. Satan does that when we no longer desire to follow God.

John 10:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I think our salvation is secure in that we have it for as long as we desire it. I do not believe that it is God who takes away our salvation. Satan does that when we no longer desire to follow God.

John 10:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I said
The way you said that opens the door for confusion. Who can desire what they already have? People desire what they don't have. People can desire salvation and go back to the old testament and keep part of it. And fall from grace. If one falls from grace they don't have salvation. If they become lukewarm they don't have salvation. If they fall short they don't have salvation. Salvation is being accepted. And none of them are accepted.
[Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

oatmeal

I said
That is a parable. Don't you know that everything Jesus spoke He spoke in parables.

Matt 13:34-35
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."
(NKJ)

To whom did he speak to in parables?

a. His friends

b. His apostles

c. the multitude

d. his disciples

oatmeal

Unrevoked status.

John 10:27-30New American Standard Bible (NASB)

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Those who have eternal life have eternal life,

and they shall never perish.

no one will snatch them out of Jesus Christ's hand

and the Father who is greater than all, including Jesus Christ will let no one snatch them our of the His, the Father's hand,

Both Jesus Christ and his Father are in agreement and unity on this.

That means you cannot snatch yourself out of either one's hand.

Both have their hand on you, you have eternal life and will never perish, no matter what you or anyone else does, including all the devil spirits, no one is going to snatch out our of their hands.

oatmeal

Don't base your salvation on just being saved. Saved and salvation are different.

Being saved, born again of incorruptible seed, having received the gift of eternal life is the first step.

After that we can learn to use that gift or we can stagnate.

If we choose to apply ourselves to do God's words, we will mature and grow, just like any baby can learn and grow and reach their full potential

oatmeal

I said
No one can destroy real faith by quoting scripture. They can only increase true faith with quoting scripture.

Rom 10:17
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(NKJ)

That is correct, but unless it is rightly divided word of truth, we will not have the true word

oatmeal

I said
lol Back in the 90's they used to say once saved always saved, you cant fall from grace. Until I showed them that you can fall from grace. And you can fall from your saved status also. You should read this carefully. And saved and salvation are different.

Matt 18:23-35
23 "Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
24 "And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
25 "But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made.
26 "The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, 'Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
27 "Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
28 "But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'
29 "So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.'
30 "And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt.
31 "So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done.
32 "Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.
33 'Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?'
34 "And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
(NKJ)

Seems like people still do not distinguish between the records of Jesus work in progress, the Gospels and the records of what his works accomplished, the epistles.

Applying truths from the times of the work in progress to the time of the work completed compounds errors.

If we can lose our salvation, his eternal life, then what did Jesus Christ accomplish?

Nothing

However, Jesus Christ's works made it real, and true that we cannot lose our eternal life once we have received it