Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

Aimiel

The Bible was written in secret, it was edited and redacted by multiple unnamed authors within a biased political preist class. Each new book was written with the previous books in hand, behind the curtain where they could try to keep fixing previous predictions with reality. Then they would come out from behind the curtain and proclaim Gods new writings. Consequently, today Jews don't agree with Christians and Christians don't agree with each other. The Bible presents a erratic, convoluted picture of a deity that young people world wide no longer believe in. From young earth creation-ism, Noah's absurdity, unicorns, talking donkeys, a God who puts lieing spirits and evil spirits into his children, who plays games on his kids with the Satan God, to the 2 separate gospels of Christ all caped off with a Book of Revelation that reveals nothing but the dark minds of its opocolyptic editors.

Having said that, one might actually prefer little green aliens to that disaster!
With that tiny bit of blasphemy you (once again) prove why you're on TOL's Heretic List. :duh:

kiwimacahau

Revelations is an apocalyptic response to Christian persecution around the time of the Roman Jewish war. John of Patmos was using arresting, profound metaphors to show his opposition to the politics, culture and religion of his day.

Those that use this book for prophecy are deluding themselves, in my opinion.

You are quite correct. Like the book of Daniel, Revelations is not prophetic, it's function is to point folk to a future where God rules and pain and suffering are no more.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It's a shame that The Book of Jasher got lost, maybe it explained everything. Like the secular history books "Doings of the Kings of Israel" or "Doings of the Kings of Judah".

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Proof..............

Proof..............

God preserved those books which He inspired.

And the evidence to support your claim is ?

Don't forget men wrote those books and chose which books made it into the canon per their own religious agendas.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Don't forget men wrote those books and chose which books made it into the canon per their own religious agendas.

pj

It becomes a matter of faith, misdirected faith in the books of the priest class, those earlier intermediaries between God and man; the Shaman.

The Books of the Hebrew priest blinded them to Jesus.

The Books of the Christian writers blind them for further revelation.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One man's heretic is another man's hero.....

One man's heretic is another man's hero.....

With that tiny bit of blasphemy you (once again) prove why you're on TOL's Heretic List. :duh:

Jumping the gun I see again. - did you actually look to see if Caino is on the heretic list? :)

Also, the 'heretic' list here is somewhat comedic, and a bit entertaining ;)

pj

journey

Jumping the gun I see again. - did you actually look to see if Caino is on the heretic list? :)

pj

The heretic list hasn't been updated in some time. When it is, you and Caino will both be on it. I can't think of two more deserving.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
pass the popcorn.............

pass the popcorn.............

The heretic list hasn't been updated in some time. When it is, you and Caino will both be on it. I can't think of two more deserving.

I see you're kinda outa the loop too,...I've been on it for sometime and even have my own category.

:p

Lets keep up ;)

This thread is for entertainment. Choleric is limited in his allowances, as other denominations such as 'gnostic', 'theosophist', 'eclectic', 'panentheist' could also be included in the category heading. But its his 'heretic list', and he can customize it as he chooses.

pj

Aimiel

Also, the 'heretic' list here is somewhat comedic, and a bit entertaining
Just like I don't have to check any list to see if Urantia is demonic or not: I don't have to consult any 'list' to see who is or isn't committing heresy. You and Caino are heretics, whether you ever recognize that fact in this life or not. Any child in The Kingdom could see that.

Aimiel

Just about any post that he has made (yours as well).
No, those who penned Scripture were instruments:

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Their words were perfectly preserved, until this day.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

pj

I proudly defend our Father against the accusation that he wrote the books of the Bible. He is no author of confusion, and he knows himself much better than the MEN who wrote about him.

Zeke

Just about any post that he has made (yours as well).No, those who penned Scripture were instruments:

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

And you are moved by the God of this world to conform and submit to its system, Legally bound to it by name so you can buy and sell yet you claim to have found the truth along with the Divine faith/manna from heaven.

You're glass is still one of darkness wrongly dividing the letter that kills the Divine pearl within when taken literal, and shows you are still under its tutorship in servitude mentally, throwing sticks and stones for a dogma.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And you are moved by the God of this world to conform and submit to its system, Legally bound to it by name so you can buy and sell yet you claim to have found the truth along with the Divine faith/manna from heaven.

You're glass is still one of darkness wrongly dividing the letter that kills the Divine pearl within when taken literal, and shows you are still under its tutorship in servitude mentally, throwing sticks and stones for a dogma.

I'm afraid you're, "NUTS."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
facing truth...............

facing truth...............

Just about any post that he has made (yours as well).

Not quite sure where you're going here, but I accept full responsibility for the viewpoints, opinions, perspectives I share....as always....and open to change those at any moment when better information or revelation comes along. One who is not willing to do that retards his own growth.

No, those who penned Scripture were instruments:

My former statement still holds here,...you cant prove the Bible is perfect, infallible, inerrant, or FINAL in revealing all 'God' has for man, since he's not bound to a 'canon' arranged by men, neither subject to their imperfections, biases and corruptions.

Jesus discourse to Nathaniel in the UB here, reveals much, if you'd like to contest the observations in that address. Its just information, but some of it enlightening. This is a discussion board, you're welcome to discuss/defend your belief or critique of that discourse. Remember, its purported to be a paraphrase of what Jesus spoke about the 'scriptures', just like the gospels and other non-canonical gospels purport from various sources and from various authors. We look at the content of these discourses, to discover their truth, meaning and value, if any. That's what we 'consider'.

pj

Aimiel

There is no possibility that God had ANYTHING to do with the Urantia book, since it discounts Jesus' sacrifice on the cross by teaching that His Blood is not necessary for salvation. That diametrically opposes Christianity, since our sins are ONLY washed away by His Blood and it is only through The Power of His Blood and the word of our testimony which gives us the victory over Satan.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Challenging the blood-atonement 'belief'

Challenging the blood-atonement 'belief'

There is no possibility that God had ANYTHING to do with the Urantia book, since it discounts Jesus' sacrifice on the cross by teaching that His Blood is not necessary for salvation. That diametrically opposes Christianity, since our sins are ONLY washed away by His Blood and it is only through The Power of His Blood and the word of our testimony which gives us the victory over Satan.

And we keep coming back to this, since you are 'stuck' on the vicarious blood-atonement belief. We've covered the 'blood-atonement' issue here and elsewhere (see all linked commentary). Since this is going nowhere between us, as far as debate on this particular being 'exhausted' ....other readers can afford themselves investigating our dialogue to draw their own conclusions on the matter ;)

The blood-atonement concept is primitive, cruel and inhumane, to say nothing of human sacrifice.

pj