Samuel Lamerson on forgiveness

temple2006

Rimi....So if Jesus did why don't you? And don't gimme that stuff about Jesus not having a choice. He was God so he did not have to talk to anybody, Hey, are you by any chance posting for Nin or are you and she the same person, cause I sure did not ask you anything.

Rimi

temple 2000 said:
Rimi....So if Jesus did why don't you? And don't gimme that stuff about Jesus not having a choice. He was God so he did not have to talk to anybody, Hey, are you by any chance posting for Nin or are you and she the same person, cause I sure did not ask you anything.

Well, stumpy, you're asking me now. I have a choice when I sit down to eat with those not of the Body of Christ, which is more then have the population of planet Earth, a place you should visit some time.

The fact is, if Jesus was going to do His Father's will, He had no choice but to be among sinners because that's what they all were. He did have to interact with those He was around because He came to say "Repent, the kingdom of Heaven is upon you" . . . and He did have to interact to the point of being put to death or be accepted. These things could not happen in a vacuum.

:bang:

You're not going to get this, I can see. But I can at least say I tried.

temple2006

Rimi.....If Jesus is God, is he a lesser God than God the Father? I don't understand the Trinity concept too well so maybe you can explain it to me. I always thought they were equal.

Rimi

temple 2000 said:
Rimi.....If Jesus is God, is he a lesser God than God the Father? I don't understand the Trinity concept too well so maybe you can explain it to me. I always thought they were equal.

Use the search key to find a thread on this. I don't want to talk to you. :wave2:

Rimi

temple 2000 said:
I figured you wouldn't/ :chuckle:

But not for the reasons you think. I did a search on your posts and find you to be vapid, boring. You think a homo is a gift from God. You think you're nicer than God. There is nothing remotely unique about your stand on things to be sure, but you fail to be interesting. You want desparately to be enigmatic or mystical but only come across as scatterbrained.

If you're a Christian, you're in need of special guidance from a strong Christian. If you're not a Christian, well, you're going to hell and obviously know it and want it.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
No a reprimand is a correction, not a punishment.
Can you help me with this crossword puzzle? It's a word that that has 10 letters, starts with a "p", ends with a "t" and the clue is "a correction".

Here's another one. 9 letters. It's a punishment for a wrongly acting employee, starts with an "r" and ends with a "d", and your clue is "a letter of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"

And one more. 5 letters. Starts with "Pure", ends with and "X", and your clue is "idiot".

But I'm sure that if you post enough other similar words besides "rebuke" you will eventually find one that means punishment.
Yeah, like "reprimand" or "a correction".

Why can't you just admit that you were wrong?
Because I'm right, but let's not just leave it at that. Let's demonstrate with the next part of your post.

Lots of people misunderstand words, it's no big deal, really. Is your ego so fragile that you have to call me names and lie about the definitions of words just so you can be right?
Questioning whether I have a fragile ego is an offensive thing to say. And calling someone a liar is offensive as well. They are both offensive whether you intend it as a correction or not. Now. If I respond by acting as if you never offended me, that would be "forgiveness". Why? Because forgiveness is "letting an offense pass". If, however, I respond by calling you an idiot because of these offenses, then it doesn't matter if I say I've forgiven you OR if I don't let the offense bother me OR if I mean by offending you in reply to correct you - if I don't let the offense pass, there is not forgiveness. You cannot come up with an example wherein a person responds by acting as if there is no offense and also responds with negative feedback for the same offense.

So, my question is this: have you forgiven me for calling you an idiot? If so, when did you forgive me? Before your post I'm responding to now? Or after?

elected4ever

temple 2000 said:
Rimi....When all else fails, attack the poster. It takes the conversation away from the subject, does it not?
Sense your polytheism is not the subject matter discuss it else ware. let's get back on topic.

Rimi

temple 2000 said:
Rimi....When all else fails, attack the poster. It takes the conversation away from the subject, does it not?

This was not meant as an attack or an insult. This was a courtesy post to let you know that you're just not worth my time. Just a statement of fact.

Yeesh, try to be kind to someone and that's that thanks ya get. :nono:

temple2006

E4E....Do you have a spell checker?

Sense your polytheism is not the subject matter discuss it else ware. let's

temple2006

Rimi...... #52 Today, 01:56 PM
Rimi Offline
TOL Subscriber

(8.38 posts per day)
Aim

Quote:
Originally Posted by temple 2000

This was not meant as an attack or an insult. This was a courtesy post to let you know that you're just not worth my time. Just a statement of fact.

Yeesh, try to be kind to someone and that's that thanks ya get.

You really don't think that calling me vapid, boring and scatterbrained, plus saying I am not worth your time is kind? And how can you say anything about my motives?

BTW, if you don't understand something or cannot give a coherent answer. that does not always mean the poster is at fault. Some people just don't have the capacity to understand.

Rimi

temple 2000 said:
Rimi...... #52 Today, 01:56 PM
Rimi Offline
TOL Subscriber

(8.38 posts per day)
Aim

Quote:
Originally Posted by temple 2000

Yeesh, try to be kind to someone and that's that thanks ya get.

You really don't think that calling me vapid, boring and scatterbrained, plus saying I am not worth your time is kind? And how can you say anything about my motives?

BTW, if you don't understand something or cannot give a coherent answer. that does not always mean the poster is at fault. Some people just don't have the capacity to understand.

I understand that you've already been instructed in forgiveness, unconditional love, etc. and you don't like the answers you're getting. Fine. Then you try to pretend that you can make a point by asking questions, when you have no point. If you were insulted that's your problem, but it was not my intent. What is it you don't think I understand? That you want to argue about a subject you simply cannot grasp!? BTW, do you consider yourself a Christian? If not, what is your belief?

temple2006

Rimi......I would consider myself a follower of Jesus way, however I do not believe in atonement but rather at-one-ment. I believe that men somehow misunderstood Jesus' message and through the years his mission was misunderstood.

elohiym

Greetings all,

From Samuel Lamerson's paper:

"Matthew knows nothing of a forgiveness without repentance, a change of heart without a change of life, or a Christian who acts like an unbeliever. " (Emphasis mine.)

If someone is my enemy, he is so because he "will not repent of his wrongdoing" against me.

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matthew 5:43-48

It is hard to believe that Jesus meant us to love our unrepentant enemies, bless them, do good to them, and pray for them, BUT don't forgive them until they repent. If you only forgive them that repent, "what do ye more than others?"

Can God's forgiveness be separated from his love? He loved us while we were dead in our transgressions. Can his forgiveness and love be separated from his goodness? His goodness leads to repentance.

Peace

###

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Thank you elohiym for making an insightful comment on the topic of this thread! You broke a string of the most disgusting, childish, trash-talking, mostly off topic comments that I have ever read on a thread on TOL . Bless you!
To address your point, I would have to say that is exactly what is meant, as hard as it is to believe or accept.
We can love, do good, and bless our enemies even while we say something like John the Baptist. "Repent for the Kingdom of God is near."
God did love us while we were yet sinners, but we remained dead in our sins and condemned to eternal death until we repented. It is that kind of Love, or "Kindness that leads us to Repentance."
God also wants us to love and be kind to people until they repent.
We can love without forgiving, but we can't forgive until someone repents, because that is what God is doing. God is only allowing the humble repentant into His kingdom. He loves the whole world, but the Salvation of a human soul takes more than God's love. Our part is faith through repentance!

Rimi

Jeremiah, you are correct and I apologize for getting side lined. I am frustrated with those who can't get this simple thing called forgiveness. Love, yes. Forgive, not without repentence. For God did love us while we were yet sinners. God also didn't forgive us till we repented. God is good and wise beyond measure.

Elohiym, excellent post and thank you for getting this back on topic.