Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yup...let no one judge you except the body of Christ...

And yup...the Sabbath still IS pointing to better things...

The Lord does ask us to do it one way...JUST AS He did...take a stand

As the disciples did...

Imagine if they could have compromised and chosen as you assert...

Made changes to go along to get along...

I said
ROFLOL Your not in the body of Christ. You really are an idiot.

COGTHW

SABBATH
Deut 5:12-14 OLD TESTAMENT
12 'Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
14 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall not do any work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, that your manservant and your maidservant may rest as well as you.
Exod 31:13
13 "Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: 'Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you.

NEW TESTAMENT
Mark 2:27-28
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Rom 14:5-6
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
Heb 10:25
25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
1 Cor 14:12
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.
Matt 16:16
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Matt 16:18
18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Col 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
Luke 9:23
23 Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
Luke 14:1-6
1 Now it happened, as He went into the house of one of the rulers of the Pharisees to eat bread on the Sabbath, that they watched Him closely.
2 And behold, there was a certain man before Him who had dropsy.
3 And Jesus, answering, spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"
4 But they kept silent. And He took him and healed him, and let him go.
5 Then He answered them, saying, "Which of you, having a donkey or an ox that has fallen into a pit, will not immediately pull him out on the Sabbath day?"
6 And they could not answer Him regarding these things.
John 2:12-17
12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.
13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the moneychangers doing business.
15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money and overturned the tables.
16 And He said to those who sold doves, "Take these things away! Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise!"
17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up."
John 2:23
23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.
John 3:2
2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."
Luke 6:5
5 And He said to them, "The Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Rom 14:4-10
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Acts 17:24-25
24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
25 "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
(NKJ)
xxThe Sabbath is one of the ten commandments that doesnt show up in the new testament as a command. So whether one keeps it or not is ok, as long as he is fully persuaded in his own mind. But its not worth argueing over.

10 You observe days and months and seasons and years.
11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

The Sabbath was meant for resting.
Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Sabbath in the OT, Sabbath is for resting.
Exodus 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day

Jesus had no respect for the "Sabbath" Beacuse is is Lord of the Sabbath.
Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Jesus is Lord, and did not hold the Sabbath
Matthew 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

If you are in Jesus Christ of God. Everyday is the Sabbath, Beacuse the LORD thy God said be ye holy.
1 Peter 1:16 For it is written, be ye holy ; for I am holy.

Jesus said the REAL worshippers must worship on the Sabbath.? No in Spirit and in turth.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
God is not a Sabbath, He is Spirit so you must worship everyday.

Last but must important I have seen nobody say it but the Sabbath is no means because Jesus Christ is the Sabbath He is that rest.
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
GLORY, GLORY I SAY.!!
Then Paul tells us this
Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Thank God for truth and the Spirit of truth Jesus Christ. Amen.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lolol That is how I know your not a Christian. Anyone who listens to you will fall from grace.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I said
lolololol oooooh that really hurt. lol If your trying to be a heckler your really lousy at it. You need to go back to school. You need to enroll back in Hecklers Are Us.

yeah, seen this one before too

your act is getting real stale squeaky

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
and more of the same - your repetitious drone - "your an idiot"

get a new schtick

I said
ROFLOL Is that all you can do is parrot what someone else says. You don't even know what idiot means, you have already proved that. That is one thing that makes you an idiot. Why don't you try reading a bible and find out which of your demons are in control. They are going to keep getting you embarrassed for opening your mouth. Do you ever have any original thoughts of your own?

clefty

COGTHW: Jesus had no respect for the "Sabbath" Beacuse is is Lord of the Sabbath

The Sabbath was specifically singled out by Him to be prayed for that in future times of trouble it would still be kept...He did not instruct to pray that there would be no time of trouble or that we would survive but that the keeping of the Sabbath be continued and not interrupted by fleeing...

The Sabbath then was the only commandment He addressed in such manner...He did not instruct that we pray we don't kill or we don't steal or we don't lie or don't fornicate in future times of trouble but that we keep the Sabbath...

You do know how Lord of the Sabbath works yes? Like Lord of London it is London that gives the lord his power as in lord of the rings it is the rings that give the lord his power...land owners were lords and they determined what was done on their land...Squatters had no rights to make changes...

Sabbath is His sign of power and authority as creator...He derives His power from it...it gives Him Lordship

He defined and upheld the Sabbath and purged it of all the rabbis' traditions...

It is the last day of a period of time which He determined...it is a natural law part of His calendar as much as day, night, month, year, seasons...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I said
ROFLOL Is that all you can do is parrot what someone else says. You don't even know what idiot means, you have already proved that. That is one thing that makes you an idiot. Why don't you try reading a bible and find out which of your demons are in control. They are going to keep getting you embarrassed for opening your mouth. Do you ever have any original thoughts of your own?

:yawn: yep, seen this one before too

what a bore

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Sabbath was specifically singled out by Him to be prayed for that in future times of trouble it would still be kept...He did not instruct to pray that there would be no time of trouble or that we would survive but that the keeping of the Sabbath be continued and not interrupted by fleeing...

The Sabbath then was the only commandment He addressed in such manner...He did not instruct that we pray we don't kill or we don't steal or we don't lie or don't fornicate in future times of trouble but that we keep the Sabbath...

You do know how Lord of the Sabbath works yes? Like Lord of London it is London that gives the lord his power as in lord of the rings it is the rings that give the lord his power...land owners were lords and they determined what was done on their land...Squatters had no rights to make changes...

Sabbath is His sign of power and authority as creator...He derives His power from it...it gives Him Lordship

He defined and upheld the Sabbath and purged it of all the rabbis' traditions...

It is the last day of a period of time which He determined...it is a natural law part of His calendar as much as day, night, month, year, seasons...

I said
Your an idiot. Read the Word, the disciples broke the Sabbath and were blameless.

Luke 6:1-5
1 Now it happened on the second Sabbath after the first that He went through the grainfields. And His disciples plucked the heads of grain and ate them, rubbing them in their hands.
2 And some of the Pharisees said to them, "Why are you doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?"
3 But Jesus answering them said, "Have you not even read this, what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
4 "how he went into the house of God, took and ate the showbread, and also gave some to those with him, which is not lawful for any but the priests to eat?"
5 And He said to them, "The Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
(NKJ)

Go spread your heresy some where else.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Sabbath is one of the ten commandments that doesnt show up in the new testament as a command. So whether one keeps it or not is ok, as long as he is fully persuaded in his own mind. But its not worth argueing over.

I think the commandment itself (Exodus 20, Deut. 5) is of sufficient moral weight. Our Lord summarizes, does not abrogate, the two tables of the law, duty to God and duty to others, in His two great commandment summaries (Love God, Love Your Neighbor). In the fourth commandment, we are commanded to remember the Sabbath to keep it holy.

Sanctifying the Sabbath (which exact day is communicated positively by God himself) means setting the Sabbath apart from the others. Whatever else it may be, it is different; it is specially appropriate for worship, and it appears that God has ordained it consistently to that end. Is. 58:13-14, found in the restorative prophecies which are culminated in the Messianic age, tells of the blessings of leaving off our purposes on the Sabbath to favor God's exclusively.

Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Luke 6:5), and John identifies a particular day as his Lord's Day, Rev. 1:10. This seems quite correlative, and seems consistent with God's desire to meet with His people on His schedule. It is God's full day, not what least little bit we can spare for Him out of our busy weekend and our priorities.

Our Lord (ignoring their made-up legalisms) refutes the Pharisees' errors as to what He could permit his disciples to do by an appeal to a similar allowance given to David (still Saul's servant) by the priest on a Sabbath. The principle is thusly: there is no proper honor given to a command of God, if its "letter" is used to prevent or constrain a nobler holy duty. There is no "what have you" casting aside of interest in a proper Sabbathing by Jesus clearing away of Pharisaic fences.

Hebrews 4, besides the reminder in Heb. 4:9 that the privilege of Sabbath-keeping remains with us, teaches its doctrine out of Psalm 95, a song for and descriptive of public worship. Compare to Psalm 92, "A Song for the Sabbath day."

I would at least be more pleased if Christian people would acknowledge the justice of the Fourth commandment. In my experience, it is rare to see much concern for it outside congregations with a serious commitment to their Christian heritage. I don't see much half-hearted commitment; I see none at all. For most folks today church-going is but a mere habit, and one they could keep up, improve, or drop, depending on their mood.

If people would once more admit the moral duty, they could thence be called to a more diligent and deliberate devotion in it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I think the commandment itself (Exodus 20, Deut. 5) is of sufficient moral weight. Our Lord summarizes, does not abrogate, the two tables of the law, duty to God and duty to others, in His two great commandment summaries (Love God, Love Your Neighbor). In the fourth commandment, we are commanded to remember the Sabbath to keep it holy.

Sanctifying the Sabbath (which exact day is communicated positively by God himself) means setting the Sabbath apart from the others. Whatever else it may be, it is different; it is specially appropriate for worship, and it appears that God has ordained it consistently to that end. Is. 58:13-14, found in the restorative prophecies which are culminated in the Messianic age, tells of the blessings of leaving off our purposes on the Sabbath to favor God's exclusively.

Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Luke 6:5), and John identifies a particular day as his Lord's Day, Rev. 1:10. This seems quite correlative, and seems consistent with God's desire to meet with His people on His schedule. It is God's full day, not what least little bit we can spare for Him out of our busy weekend and our priorities.

Our Lord (ignoring their made-up legalisms) refutes the Pharisees' errors as to what He could permit his disciples to do by an appeal to a similar allowance given to David (still Saul's servant) by the priest on a Sabbath. The principle is thusly: there is no proper honor given to a command of God, if its "letter" is used to prevent or constrain a nobler holy duty. There is no "what have you" casting aside of interest in a proper Sabbathing by Jesus clearing away of Pharisaic fences.

Hebrews 4, besides the reminder in Heb. 4:9 that the privilege of Sabbath-keeping remains with us, teaches its doctrine out of Psalm 95, a song for and descriptive of public worship. Compare to Psalm 92, "A Song for the Sabbath day."

I would at least be more pleased if Christian people would acknowledge the justice of the Fourth commandment. In my experience, it is rare to see much concern for it outside congregations with a serious commitment to their Christian heritage. I don't see much half-hearted commitment; I see none at all. For most folks today church-going is but a mere habit, and one they could keep up, improve, or drop, depending on their mood.

If people would once more admit the moral duty, they could thence be called to a more diligent and deliberate devotion in it.

I said
I understand what your saying. And if someone wants to keep the Sabbath I have no problem with that. Now I have been receiving the revelations of Jesus Christ for 25 years now. They were all directed to me. I received the OP and I must stand on it. Whether someone keeps the Sabbath or doesn't keep the Sabbath as long as they are fully convinced in their own mind is ok. Now in order to keep the Sabbath I would have to go against the revelation of Jesus Christ which I will not do.

Rom 14:4-7
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
(NKJ)

Oh woe to the man who tries to get me to.