Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Pity...You missed your calling as a grand inquisitor...

I said
You didn't miss your calling as an antichrist. Your still trying to push the old testament. Your still trying to deceive real Christians into keeping part of the old testament. Your still trying to put a yoke of bondage around the necks of Christians.

Acts 15:10
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Time for a quick refresher:

Many assume that once we have faith in Jesus Christ, we have no more need to keep the law. Paul himself addressed this concept in Romans 3:31: “Do we then make void [Greek katargeo, meaning ‘destroy’ or ‘abolish’] the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish [Greek histemi, meaning ‘erect’ or ‘make to stand’] the law.” Faith does not abolish the law, said Paul; it establishes and upholds it.

In Acts 24 he defended himself before the Roman governor Felix against charges of dissension and sedition brought by Jewish religious leaders. Replying to the accusations against him, he said, “I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets” (Acts 24:14).

Two years later he again defended himself against such accusations, this time before another Roman governor, Festus. “Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I offended in anything at all,” he responded to the charges against him (Acts 25:8).

Here, some 25 to 30 years after Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection, Paul plainly said he believed “all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets” (terms used for the books of the Old Testament) and had done nothing against the law!

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-too...bbath-rest/was-the-sabbath-changed-in-the-new

Pity those false witnessing and slandering Pharisees who claimed Paul taught a change to the law and customs...

And those christians who continue the false witness...

Paul was clear: I delight in the law of God” (Romans 7:22), not that it should be abolished. “The law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good,” he affirmed (Romans 7:12). (Ibid.)

HalleluYah...

"Think not I have come to destroy the Law"...and yet some still do...

I said
lolo You really are an idiot when it come to the Word. More manipulation and deception. Read 1Co 9-19,23. Paul only said those thing so that he might get close to the Jews. So that he could win some to Christ.

Rom 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.
(NKJ)

Acts 24:14
14 "But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets.
(NKJ)

Acts 25:8
8 while he answered for himself, "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I offended in anything at all."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 9:19-23
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;
20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law;
21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;
22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
23 Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
You didn't miss your calling as an antichrist. Your still trying to push the old testament. Your still trying to deceive real Christians into keeping part of the old testament. Your still trying to put a yoke of bondage around the necks of Christians.

Acts 15:10
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(NKJ)

Take it up with His brother James who expected

"For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath” (v. 21)."

James doesnt seem to think it a yoke or burden to the law of moses preached...

Not everybody hates the Law like you squeaky...David loved it delighted in it...Paul wrote of its goodness and holiness..."DO THESE AND YE SHALL LIVE" was the reason...

Even Yahushua had His yoke...it was light...yokes signal being cared for...with intent...not just a wild stray beast...

What does that leave the burden or yoke Peter was referring to? Circumcision? Wasn't even required of gentiles to be saved from Egypt...

The yoke was the pharisaical notion that either was done in order to receive salvation...whether it be circumcision or the law of moses it had to be done in order to be saved...that is works based and burden...

Pharisees were proud of their yokes and burdens the placed on people to prove they were saved...and now in the early church it was still happening...Judaizers were demanding circumcision in order to be saved/associate with Jews...

As it was 4 things were chosen which were as it was for gentiles in the OT...

"Of these four requirements listed by James, two were directly from the law of Moses and two were logical interpretations of the law of Moses added by the Jewish rabbis to guard the Torah. They all pertained specifically to Gentiles living in Israel:

abstain from food polluted by idols - Leviticus 17:8-9 "Say to them: 'Any Israelite or any alien living among them who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice and does not bring it to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting to sacrifice it to the LORD--that man must be cut off from his people.'" (To guard carefully against idolatry, this command was interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating any meat that had been offered in a prohibited manner. In Rev. 2:14, 20 the words of Jesus show agreement with that interpretation.)

from sexual immorality - Leviticus 18:6-26 lists a wide range of sexually immoral activities and ends with, 'The native-born and the aliens living among you must not do any of these detestable things,'

from the meat of strangled animals - Leviticus 17:13,15 "'Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth,
"'Anyone, whether native-born or alien, who eats anything found dead or torn by wild animals must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be ceremonially unclean till evening; then he will be clean." (These were interpreted by the Jews to prohibit eating the meat of strangled animals.)

and from blood - Leviticus 17:10 "'Any Israelite or any alien living among them who eats any blood--I will set my face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from his people."
Rather than canceling or withdrawing these Old Testament regulations, James and the apostles actually extended the scope of these regulations by applying them to Gentile believers living outside the land of Israel."

https://www.psalm11918.org/Articles...ciples-of-Jesus-Stop-Keeping-the-OT-Laws.html

As if you test Yah by having others keep His Law...

clefty

I said
lolo You really are an idiot when it come to the Word. More manipulation and deception. Read 1Co 9-19,23. Paul only said those thing so that he might get close to the Jews. So that he could win some to Christ.

Rom 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.
(NKJ)

Acts 24:14
14 "But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets.
(NKJ)

Acts 25:8
8 while he answered for himself, "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I offended in anything at all."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 9:19-23
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;
20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law;
21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;
22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
23 Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.
(NKJ)

Oh sure...lets spread the gospel through deception and hypocrisy...

You can stop slandering him with your false witnessing now...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Oh sure...lets spread the gospel through deception and hypocrisy...

You can stop slandering him with your false witnessing now...

I said
That is all you have been doing is lieing, perverting, and spreading deception and bearing false witness about Jesus. I have a lot of respect for the true Jew. But a true Jew claims he is a Jew. And a true Christian claims he is a Christian. A true Jew doesn't accept Jesus and the new testament. A true Christian doesn't accept the old testament.
You bounce around between the two, and we don't even know what you are. You pervert both sides like a muslim. Your an antichrist.

clefty

I said
That is all you have been doing is lieing, perverting, and spreading deception and bearing false witness about Jesus. I have a lot of respect for the true Jew. But a true Jew claims he is a Jew. And a true Christian claims he is a Christian. A true Jew doesn't accept Jesus and the new testament. A true Christian doesn't accept the old testament.
You bounce around between the two, and we don't even know what you are. You pervert both sides like a muslim. Your an antichrist.

Muslims bounce around between the two covenants? Hmmm...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Muslims bounce around between the two covenants? Hmmm...

I said
lolol You haven't said one thing that can remotely fit in scripture. You never answer any questions. You run a camouflage and change the subject when I ask you about your denominational standing. Your an idiot when it comes to scripture. What are you and why are you here????????

clefty

I said
lolol You haven't said one thing that can remotely fit in scripture. You never answer any questions. You run a camouflage and change the subject when I ask you about your denominational standing. Your an idiot when it comes to scripture. What are you and why are you here????????

Thread title says "Sabbath"...wanna talk about that...how about you?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Thread title says "Sabbath"...wanna talk about that...how about you?

I said
I want to talk about you, what are you? Right now your an antichrist. You deny Jesus is the Son of God. You deny Jesus is your Lord and Savior. When are you going to finally be honest with us.

clefty

I said
I want to talk about you, what are you? Right now your an antichrist. You deny Jesus is the Son of God. You deny Jesus is your Lord and Savior. When are you going to finally be honest with us.

Talk about me? But that is not the title nor the topic of the thread.

But about Sabbath...

"Now a quote from the Catholic Press newspaper in Sidney, Australia. “Sunday is a Catholic institution and its claims to observance can be defended only on Catholic principles. From the beginning to end of Scripture there is not a single passage that warrants the transfer of weekly public worship from the last day of the week to the first.

The Catholic Mirror of September 23, 1894, puts it this way: “The Catholic Church for over one thousand years before the existence of a Protestant by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday.”

To point up the claims we’re talking about, I want to read from two Catechisms. First, from the Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine by Reverend Peter Giermann. “Question: Which is the Sabbath day? Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day. Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday? Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church in the Council of Laodicea transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.”

Then from Cardinal Gibbons’ book, The Question Box, p.179, “If the Bible is the only guide for the Christian, then the Seventh-day Adventist is right in observing Saturday with the Jew. Is it not strange that those who make the Bible their only teacher should inconsistently follow in this matter the tradition of the Catholic Church?”

Then from Cardinal Gibbons’ book, The Question Box, p.179, “If the Bible is the only guide for the Christian, then the Seventh-day Adventist is right in observing Saturday with the Jew. Is it not strange that those who make the Bible their only teacher should inconsistently follow in this matter the tradition of the Catholic Church?”

Did you want me to cite this source or you ok with just ignoring it all...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Talk about me? But that is not the title nor the topic of the thread.

But about Sabbath...

"Now a quote from the Catholic Press newspaper in Sidney, Australia. “Sunday is a Catholic institution and its claims to observance can be defended only on Catholic principles. From the beginning to end of Scripture there is not a single passage that warrants the transfer of weekly public worship from the last day of the week to the first.

The Catholic Mirror of September 23, 1894, puts it this way: “The Catholic Church for over one thousand years before the existence of a Protestant by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday.”

To point up the claims we’re talking about, I want to read from two Catechisms. First, from the Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine by Reverend Peter Giermann. “Question: Which is the Sabbath day? Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day. Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday? Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church in the Council of Laodicea transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.”

Did you want me to cite this source or you ok with just ignoring it all...

I said
And it is my thread. It is up to me to warn all the real Christians if there is an antichrist on the thread. That would be you. You lie, you pervert, you twist the truth around to condemn real Christians.
You deny Jesus as your Lord and Savior. You deny Jesus as the Son of God.

clefty

I said
And it is my thread. It is up to me to warn all the real Christians if there is an antichrist on the thread. That would be you. You lie, you pervert, you twist the truth around to condemn real Christians.
You deny Jesus as your Lord and Savior. You deny Jesus as the Son of God.

So one who advocates WWJD is an antichrist?

Being more like Him, doing as He did, going His way, obeying Him as He instructed is all antichrist?

Interesting

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So one who advocates WWJD is an antichrist?

Being more like Him, doing as He did, going His way, obeying Him as He instructed is all antichrist?

Interesting

I said
I have had muslims use that one on me before. Your an antichrist because you don't confess that Jesus is the Son of God. And that you don't confess that Jesus is your Lord and Savior.

clefty

I said
I have had muslims use that one on me before. Your an antichrist because you don't confess that Jesus is the Son of God. And that you don't confess that Jesus is your Lord and Savior.

Those claiming the Sabbath was changed to Sunday in honor of the resurrection of Christ are also proven to be in error as the New Covenant had already been sealed by the blood of Jesus two days earlier, so such a change is in fact impossible. The NC cannot be changed after it was sealed by the blood and death of Christ that Friday afternoon, and to state the obvious, Sunday is after Friday and hence Sunday is impossible. Indisputable fact! And since the Sabbath was kept according to the Commandment after the death Of Christ, then this is just one more very solid proof that the Sabbath remains a blessing for us today and that Jesus cannot be the Sabbath, which is an excuse that is becoming more popular lately. http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/isthesabbathinthenewcovenant.html

rstrats

clefty,
re: "Those claiming the Sabbath was changed to Sunday in honor of the resurrection of Christ are also proven to be in error as the New Covenant had already been sealed by the blood of Jesus two days earlier, so such a change is in fact impossible."

It should aslo, be noted that there is no scripture that has anyone getting to gether on the first day of the week for the purpose of honoring the resurrection.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Those claiming the Sabbath was changed to Sunday in honor of the resurrection of Christ are also proven to be in error as the New Covenant had already been sealed by the blood of Jesus two days earlier, so such a change is in fact impossible. The NC cannot be changed after it was sealed by the blood and death of Christ that Friday afternoon, and to state the obvious, Sunday is after Friday and hence Sunday is impossible. Indisputable fact! And since the Sabbath was kept according to the Commandment after the death Of Christ, then this is just one more very solid proof that the Sabbath remains a blessing for us today and that Jesus cannot be the Sabbath, which is an excuse that is becoming more popular lately. http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/isthesabbathinthenewcovenant.html

I said
Your an idiot. Did you even read the evidence that you posted? What do you do just run around on the net looking for the word Sabbath. Then try to throw it up as proof, when there is none.
While at the same time you blaspheme what the new testament already tells us. Not to even take a public stand on it one way or the other. You have been proven wrong with scripture over and over. Take you and your deceived friends else where.

Col 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
(NKJ)

Rom 14:4-5
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said

Even the Arabic word for Saturday is "as sabt" note the root of Shabbat

This table includes some of the oldest languages known to man. The Babylonian language for instance was in use hundreds of years before the Hebrew race was founded by Abraham. That language designated the seventh day of the week as “sa-ba-tu”, meaning Sabbath or rest day and is another indisputable proof that the Sabbath was not and is not exclusively Jewish. Very few realize that the word Sabbath and the concept of resting from work on the seventh day of the week (Saturday) is common to most of the ancient and modern languages of the world. This is evidence totally independent of the Scriptures that confirms the Biblical teaching that God's Seventh day Sabbath predates Judaism. The concept of a Saturday holy day of rest was understood, accepted and practiced by virtually every culture from Babylon through modern times. In the study of the many languages of mankind you will find two important facts:

1. In the majority of the principal languages, the last or seventh day of the week is designated as “Sabbath.”
2. There is not even one language which designates another day as the “day of rest.”

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/sabbathsundaychange.html

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Even the Arabic word for Saturday is "as sabt" note the root of Shabbat

This table includes some of the oldest languages known to man. The Babylonian language for instance was in use hundreds of years before the Hebrew race was founded by Abraham. That language designated the seventh day of the week as “sa-ba-tu”, meaning Sabbath or rest day and is another indisputable proof that the Sabbath was not and is not exclusively Jewish. Very few realize that the word Sabbath and the concept of resting from work on the seventh day of the week (Saturday) is common to most of the ancient and modern languages of the world. This is evidence totally independent of the Scriptures that confirms the Biblical teaching that God's Seventh day Sabbath predates Judaism. The concept of a Saturday holy day of rest was understood, accepted and practiced by virtually every culture from Babylon through modern times. In the study of the many languages of mankind you will find two important facts:

1. In the majority of the principal languages, the last or seventh day of the week is designated as “Sabbath.”
2. There is not even one language which designates another day as the “day of rest.”

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/sabbathsundaychange.html

I said
Lets get back to who you are besides being an antichrist. When are you going to be honest with the people in here. When are you going to stop playing everyone for a fool?
You deny Christ as the Son of God, you deny Jesus as your Lord and Savior. You lie, you blaspheme, you deceive. You twist the scriptures .

clefty

I said
Lets get back to who you are besides being an antichrist. When are you going to be honest with the people in here. When are you going to stop playing everyone for a fool?
You deny Christ as the Son of God, you deny Jesus as your Lord and Savior. You lie, you blaspheme, you deceive. You twist the scriptures .

Nope you claim I do...for not doing as you do...typical pharisee