Sabbath

clefty

I said
ROFLOL Your tripping over your own exaggerations. You said the Sabbath is only a day of rest, not working. How in the world would that separate us from the World. You said worship was added years later.

Face squeaky, true sabbath keepers are peculiar and set apart from the world...

In fact, outside of Jews who reject the Loed of the Sabbath...I cant think of one instance in history this group has used force to increase its members or preserve its faith...that in and of itself is unique...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Face squeaky, true sabbath keepers are peculiar and set apart from the world...

In fact, outside of Jews who reject the Loed of the Sabbath...I cant think of one instance in history this group has used force to increase its members or preserve its faith...that in and of itself is unique...

I said
How would a day or rest help?? Tell me again what you think the Sabbath is for??

clefty

I said
How would a day or rest help?? Tell me again what you think the Sabbath is for??

If the Holy Spirit can't get you to see it even after It did that time your life was in danger...well I don't think I can either...

Maybe it is not for you to see...glad you are still alive though...may He lead and preserve your life until...

Tnkrbl123!

I said
Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. But as you said Paul was not one of the original 12 and an apostle. You got your idea from carnal logic. I got me revelation from Jesus. The revelations of Jesus Christ. I'm going to follow the revelations of Jesus Christ.

1 Cor 2:1-7

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
(NKJ)
But the revelations of Jesus Christ are literally recorded in the Bible, the inerrant (no errors, pure truth, no flaws whatsoever) Word of God.
And if you don't agree with my statement about what the Bible says about apostles then you don't agree with scripture which then if that is true I can't debate you because then by you definition I would be debating g "carnal logic" ( whatever that means anyway). I may be a woman but I have been studying the Bible in depth and learning from very esteemed scholars and lovers of the Word of God who are truly led by the Holy Spirit, as am I. And I know you will say something about them being intelligent but only by the world's standards or whatever else but I'm not even going to debate that. I have a bachelor's degree in Christian Theology and I choose to do that degree on top of a bachelor's degree in Sociology, not because I needed a second degree but because I am so in love with Jesus I wanted to learn everything I could and I learn out of passion not of necessity. I am a doer of the word and hose to make my career of living as a witness and be the hands and feet of God, so I'd DEFINATELY disagree with you that I am using g some "carnal" logic ..still don't quite follow what you mean there... or that I am in some "milk" understanding.... because I have a deep working knowledge of Scripture..... and what I am telling you is that the Bible tells us what the difference between an apostle and a disciple is..... there are criteria used for replacing Judah as an apostle, very special requirements , they must be chosen by God on top of that . And Paul was specially chosen by God . Jesus appeared to paul and called him specially, changing his name and charging him with the mission to be the apostle to the gentiles. One requirement every apostle in the Bible has is that they have seen the resurrected Christ. Every apostle in the Bible has met that requirement. No apostle has not met that requirement. Have you seen and spoken to the resurrected Christ in the flesh? No you have not ..therefore you are not an apostle. Being a disciple is a high honor and you should be so glad to be a disciple. But apostle you are not.

Tnkrbl123!

I said
Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. But as you said Paul was not one of the original 12 and an apostle. You got your idea from carnal logic. I got me revelation from Jesus. The revelations of Jesus Christ. I'm going to follow the revelations of Jesus Christ.

1 Cor 2:1-7

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
(NKJ)

so technically if you have been SENT by the church to teach or preach the word to to others then you can call youself an aposte as long as you are SENT BY someone personally. because the term Apostle in Greek means "sent by".... so technically anyone who is sent by the church is an "Apostle of the church". and so I can be an apostle also ..but if you were not sent byanyone you cant be an apostle of the church....
but i know thats not what you mean when you call yourself an apostle....

So in knowing what the requirements of being an Apostle of Christ... and knowing that only 13 men i the Bible were ever given the honor of being called an Apostle... and knowing that the Bible.. the Scripture.. gives SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS of being an Apsotle of Jesus Christ... then please tell me by what authority do you have to dare claim that you are an Apsotle of Christ!?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't think he is claiming that.

of course he is meshak:

xxx An apostle is one who has gone through the milk found the Holy Spirit quoting verses and leading them. And has become a doer of the Word of God. One who knows now it is time to crucify their outer person(feelings & emotions). Knowing that now is the time to enter the kingdom of God. The milk brought you to the Holy Spirit and the true love of the Word, and the true love that God created. So that now it is time to walk in that love.

Tnkrbl123!

The gift of apostleship, however, refers to that carefully select group of men who were the personal representatives of Jesus Christ Himself. "Apostle of Christ" is a much more specific and technical use of the term "apostle." In a sense, all Christians are to be apostles for Jesus Christ, but this gift of apostleship belonged only to a very few. An apostle of Christ was a personal messenger of Jesus Christ, sent by the Lord Himself. He was a vicar of Christ (if you will pardon the expression!). He was one who represented the interests of Jesus Christ to men.

IN a sence all Chritians are apostles but the GIFT of APOSTLESHIP in the particular sence that you claim to be an apostle is a gift bestowed on only a very select few.* These were personal messengers of Jesus Christ, sent by and chosen by Jesus Christ Himself .
When the apostles were finding a man worthy of this special title when they were replacing judas.. even God chose this by selecting the lot of the man who He wanted to replace him.
the requirements are
1. having been chosen by Christ HImself
2. be able to personally testify to the risen Christ - even Paul has been given this authority as we know He met* Christ in the flesh and was given a special calling to the apostle to the gentiles.* - 1 Corinthians 9:1
acts 1:21-22 shows this was a requirement when choosing the replacement by the other 11.
3. the ability to preform miracles was a requirement

Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds" (II Corinthians 12:12).

Apsotleship is also given by DIVINE AUTHORITY

so if you call yourself an apostle by what AUTHORITY can you even claim these things squeaky?* really?

you should be glad to hold the title of disciple and to be so greatful that God has chosen you as one to inherity eternal life.* And you should be greatful and thankful.* BUt you have no claim to apostleship and you can give me a thousand scriptures but none give you authority to be an apostle of Chrst

Tnkrbl123!

it's all part of his silly game - he's been through the milk, he's been through the meat, he's getting these goofy "revelations"

I know and I have to show him through scripture and "verses" that he is not an apostle of Christ and that is almost heretical to claim that he is in the same group as the twelve and Paul. like HE is the only one other than the men mentioned in scripture that can claim that title? i dont think so! And since everything is to be "proved by verses" then if he is going to claim the authority of apostleship then he needs to show us what verses give him that authoity

Tnkrbl123!

I said
lol The problem is your a disciple in the milk with a little arrogance. And your trying to correct an apostle in the meat. You never have humbled yourself to God and His Word. Until you do that you will stay right where your at in your walk.

see this wehre he calls himself "an apostle in the meat." but eith way he defines 'apsostle" it makes no sence. he says that apostle means "doer of the word" but thats not what it means at all! it means SENT BY. and so by his definition he is not an apostle. then i asked him if he meant to say "disciple" and he said nope he "meant what he said"

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I know and I have to show him through scripture and "verses" that he is not an apostle of Christ and that is almost heretical to claim that he is in the same group as the twelve and Paul. like HE is the only one other than the men mentioned in scripture that can claim that title? i dont think so! And since everything is to be "proved by verses" then if he is going to claim the authority of apostleship then he needs to show us what verses give him that authoity

he's been playing his silly games here for fifteen years

you're welcome to try, but i doubt you'll get anything out of him other than "lololol your an idiot"

Tnkrbl123!

he's been playing his silly games here for fifteen years

you're welcome to try, but i doubt you'll get anything out of him other than "lololol your an idiot"

Ive only been on here for 2 weeks and I can already see that lol. Kinda sad if you ask me because it seems like his kind of faith require a LOT of work and eating a lot of meat lol. But if someone is going to claim apostleship I can't help but say something. And also it is one of the only posts where I even understand what hes trying to say so its one of he only things i can respond to because the other things make zero sence and so how can you debate nonsence? lol

clefty

I said

Awww man...

See squeaky? No one else at TOL wants to talk about following 10/10 of the commandments with me...

Only you would come and talk about what it was to be more like Him not less...to do as He did...

and live and love AS HE DID...

Ok well looking forward to chatting some more after your sabbatical...lol

Get your rest...maybe the Spirit will remind you why...

Tnkrbl123!

Awww man...

See squeaky? No one else at TOL wants to talk about following 10/10 of the commandments with me...

Only you would come and talk about what it was to be more like Him not less...to do as He did...

and live and love AS HE DID...

Ok well looking forward to chatting some more after your sabbatical...lol

Get your rest...maybe the Spirit will remind you why...

I'll talk about it with you if you like. I think I haven't responded because I know there is a long back story with your 9/10 commandments that I don't quite uderstand so Ihad no place in speaking if Idid not understand the long back story to this. SO if you want to quickly explain what the 10/10 commandment conversation you want to have I'd be glad to :)

clefty

I'll talk about it with you if you like. I think I haven't responded because I know there is a long back story with your 9/10 commandments that I don't quite uderstand so Ihad no place in speaking if Idid not understand the long back story to this. SO if you want to quickly explain what the 10/10 commandment conversation you want to have I'd be glad to :)

HalleluYah!

Lol...yes there is a back story to 9/10 of the commandments...

Through the years I have found Christians desirous to proclaim their love for Him to WWJD and follow Him...

All Christians speak of lives changed and transformed, sin overcome, rags to riches, health restored and peace love and harmony in all things.

However "If you love Me" is where it begins to unravel...if you Love Him what? And by LOVE how? Which kind of LOVE?

Of course the New Covenant contains rules and laws and such but what does that have to do with the OT?

Make a long story short...the NT replaces the OT and well Sunday Ham for all...

Thing is Christians have no problems with 9 of the commandments maybe tweaking the thou shalt not kill to murder and thou shalt not commit adultery to include gay marriage (as the OT levitical prohibitions of gay sex is abolished dontcha know)

Oh and now thinking of it 2 other commandments are retooled and tuned up abit...

The second one to "not make images nor worship any image made" is also eliminated by the CCC as well, it's Christ's fault for becoming incarnate and introducing "a whole new economy (good choice of words) of images" through which the prototype is worshiped...the image of course is not worshipped but through it He or she represented is. Fuh fuh fuh

And the "dont carry My Name in vain"...is replaced by GOD or G-d or God or LORD or yada yada yada we really do lose much in not calling Him Yah and His Son Yahushua...

I guess it was too Jewish...

But anyways...sorry minor tangent there...Christians by in large accept that Yah's commandments are still binding and still to be kept...if we love Him...all is in harmony and agreeable until we get to the Sabbath.

Then the wheels fall off completely and what was previously a good guide for Christian living is now abolished, fulfilled never again to be practiced or applied, even changed, changed to Sunday or everyday, Christ is a Sabbath day or its all about GRACE now, faith alone and on and on the arguments go...

Also a hurtful attack is that Sabbath is kept in order to earn merit deserve salvation...as if I wish to be better than or privileged and well in this PC world that is horrible, and public enemy number 1, to be set aside peculiar sanctified made Holy as He is Holy...the World hates Him...so of course they'll hate His

However Sabbath is kept BECAUSE we believe we ARE HIS not to become His...we believe we ARE SAVED not to become saved...and by what HE DID...we do what we do out of gratitude...

So well I call my friend Squeaky and other Christians 9/10...He gave them His ALL and they return 9/10 in their gratitude...despite Him asking we do as He did...

So wow...thanks for the question...

More later...if you want...but hope that catches you up on the 9/10 thingy...

Tnkrbl123!

HalleluYah!

Lol...yes there is a back story to 9/10 of the commandments...

Through the years I have found Christians desirous to proclaim their love for Him to WWJD and follow Him...

All Christians speak of lives changed and transformed, sin overcome, rags to riches, health restored and peace love and harmony in all things.

However "If you love Me" is where it begins to unravel...if you Love Him what? And by LOVE how? Which kind of LOVE?

Of course the New Covenant contains rules and laws and such but what does that have to do with the OT?

Make a long story short...the NT replaces the OT and well Sunday Ham for all...

Thing is Christians have no problems with 9 of the commandments maybe tweaking the thou shalt not kill to murder and thou shalt not commit adultery to include gay marriage (as the OT levitical prohibitions of gay sex is abolished dontcha know)

Oh and now thinking of it 2 other commandments are retooled and tuned up abit...

The second one to "not make images nor worship any image made" is also eliminated by the CCC as well, it's Christ's fault for becoming incarnate and introducing "a whole new economy (good choice of words) of images" through which the prototype is worshiped...the image of course is not worshipped but through it He or she represented is. Fuh fuh fuh

And the "dont carry My Name in vain"...is replaced by GOD or G-d or God or LORD or yada yada yada we really do lose much in not calling Him Yah and His Son Yahushua...

I guess it was too Jewish...

But anyways...sorry minor tangent there...Christians by in large accept that Yah's commandments are still binding and still to be kept...if we love Him...all is in harmony and agreeable until we get to the Sabbath.

Then the wheels fall off completely and what was previously a good guide for Christian living is now abolished, fulfilled never again to be practiced or applied, even changed, changed to Sunday or everyday, Christ is a Sabbath day or its all about GRACE now, faith alone and on and on the arguments go...

Also a hurtful attack is that Sabbath is kept in order to earn merit deserve salvation...as if I wish to be better than or privileged and well in this PC world that is horrible, and public enemy number 1, to be set aside peculiar sanctified made Holy as He is Holy...the World hates Him...so of course they'll hate His

However Sabbath is kept BECAUSE we believe we ARE HIS not to become His...we believe we ARE SAVED not to become saved...and by what HE DID...we do what we do out of gratitude...

So well I call my friend Squeaky and other Christians 9/10...He gave them His ALL and they return 9/10 in their gratitude...despite Him asking we do as He did...

So wow...thanks for the question...

More later...if you want...but hope that catches you up on the 9/10 thingy...

well I know you definately will not have as fun talking about things with me as you will with squeaky because I have noticed that you and I have a similar faith and similar beliefs so there probably won't be too much debate between the two of us lol. So sorry for that but I'd still like to discuss it because God told us that His word is the most important thing we can know. "All Scripture is God-breathed and us useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." - 2 Tim 3:16. And that we should constantly have it on our lips and in our minds "teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, while you lie down and when you get up." - deuteronomy 11:19. and "let your conversations be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." - colossians 4:6
So even though Idefinately will not be as fun as your friend I'd still love to talk about it. We might actually have a really productive conversation that we can both take away from because it will most likely be rational and make sence haha.

Also one more thing you said in your last post is "CCC" and I am not familiar with that term.