Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What we call the Second Coming is really a Third Coming under Rapture Theology, because in Rapture Theology Jesus makes a secret return to rapture the saints for seven years before he has to come again for the real deal.

Now this statement is definitely something that should be on CNN.

The "rapture theory" is some serious Fake News!

clefty

If you need to sit around on Saturday evening to get your rest, go ahead, but I have my rest 24/7, 365 days a year, in Christ Jesus.

Saturday evening? You are clueless...

Fulfilling a requirement is not only NOT abolishing it but it is NOT CHANGING IT...your constant rest is NOT a Sabbath rest after six days of work...

Yes He does give rest...is why a sabbatismos remains Heb 4:9 for His people doing His works...

Yes I know your LORD! LORD! types...rejecting to DO HIS FATHERS WILL

Faith without works is dead...

Maybe this isn’t for you...it isn’t for everyone but those that follow the straight and obviously narrow Way

Robert Pate

Banned
He is putting into practice what he believes...no more law or works

Once a member of a body... like TOL...there is NO works or requirement to post...

He just is

Perhaps I have ceased from my own works and have entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
We rest in what Christ has accomplished for us. His righteousness, His atonement for our sins, His position at the right hand of God in heaven, "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

Your striving is an indication that you don't have faith.

clefty

We rest in what Christ has accomplished for us. His righteousness, His atonement for our sins, His position at the right hand of God in heaven, "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

Your striving is an indication that you don't have faith.

We are complete in Him but that means we have further work to do and WANT to do it...gratitude for having been not only saved by Him but made complete...to do the good works HIS WORKS HIS WAY

You just want to rest and layabout

Jerry Shugart

(Luke 2:1 KJV) And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

At the time, did the Mayan's living in what is now Central Mexico pay taxes to Caesar Augustus when he sent out his decree that "All THE WORLD" should be taxed?

If no, why not? It clearly says "ALL THE WORLD"?????

Of course the word "world" in that instance would mean the Roman empire, or the known world. It certainly would not mean only Jerusalem and Judah. So keep this in mind because we will see the Lord use the same word when He answered the following question asked by His disciples:

"'Tell us,' they said, 'when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?'" (Mt.24:3).​

Earlier the Lord Jesus spoke the parable of the "tares of the field" where He described what will happen at the "end of the age":

"Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, 'Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.' He answered, 'The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world (kosmos), and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age , and the harvesters are angels. 'As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father"
(Mt. 13:36-43).​

By the Lord's own words we know that at the "end of the age" there will be a WORLD-WIDE HARVEST and nothing like that came upon the Roman Empire in 70AD!

The words of the Lord Jesus about what will happen at the "end of the age" by itself completely destroys the Preterist's teaching about eschatology.

But you would rather deny what the Lord Jesus said so you can cling to the teaching of the Preterists that the beast of Revelation 13:1 has already come and gone so there is no need to be on guard for his appearance!

Who do you say was the beast of Revelation 13:1, Tet? I could use a good laugh today!

Robert Pate

Banned
We are complete in Him but that means we have further work to do and WANT to do it...gratitude for having been not only saved by Him but made complete...to do the good works HIS WORKS HIS WAY

You just want to rest and layabout

The only work that God wants us to do is to preach the Gospel. How are you going to do that when you don't believe the Gospel?

clefty

The only work that God wants us to do is to preach the Gospel. How are you going to do that when you don't believe the Gospel?

Right see works to do

This whole thing was a joke about you NOT EVEN DOING THAT...as you weren’t posting...see jokes

But now you are posting and doing works

The Gospel establishes law HIS LAW...not your lawlessness

Robert Pate

Banned
Right see works to do

This whole thing was a joke about you NOT EVEN DOING THAT...as you weren’t posting...see jokes

But now you are posting and doing works

The Gospel establishes law HIS LAW...not your lawlessness

You need the law, not me, 1 Timothy 1:9. I am ALREADY perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. You don't believe that.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By the Lord's own words we know that at the "end of the age" there will be a WORLD-WIDE HARVEST and nothing like that came upon the Roman Empire in 70AD!

The "end of the age" was the end of the old covenant.

The Roman siege began shortly after Passover in 66AD.

Passover was a pilgrimage feast. Jews who didn't live in Jerusalem had to travel to Jerusalem. So, there were Jews from every nation in Jerusalem for the siege, because they couldn't get out.

Peter tells us that Jews from every nation came to Jerusalem for a pilgrimage feast:

(Acts 2:5) Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.

Soooo....there was a harvest from 66AD-70AD, and Jews from every nation under heaven saw it, and were part of it. The tares were removed by fire.

Josephus tells us that over 1 million Jews were killed in Jerusalem from 66AD - 70AD. The city was destroyed, not one stone was left standing upon another.

clefty

You need the law, not me, 1 Timothy 1:9. I am ALREADY perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. You don't believe that.

Sure I do...is why I want to do what pleases Him...oh and daily..faith without works is dead...you dead is why you just lay about... that’s LAYodacian HA

clefty

So then...what another gospel is this you preach then?

As the gospel preached in the NT by Peter and Paul includes the law...and works...after hearing for faith and then works...His Works HIS WAYS...establish that Law Bobby...the traditions of their first love...AS I HAVE LOVED YOU

Is why Paul taught copy me AS I COPY CHRIST...not hairstyles either...but how he lived according to the Spirit guiding him into good works...to persevere to the end...as He did...even to the cross...

Jerry Shugart

The "end of the age" was the end of the old covenant.

The Roman siege began shortly after Passover in 66AD.

Passover was a pilgrimage feast. Jews who didn't live in Jerusalem had to travel to Jerusalem. So, there were Jews from every nation in Jerusalem for the siege, because they couldn't get out.

Peter tells us that Jews from every nation came to Jerusalem for a pilgrimage feast:

(Acts 2:5) Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.

Soooo....there was a harvest from 66AD-70AD, and Jews from every nation under heaven saw it, and were part of it. The tares were removed by fire.

By your own words the word "world" in the first century referred to the Roman Empire. And no harvest came upon the Roman Empire in the firsr century.

Why do you refuse to believe what the Lord jesus said at Matthew 13 that at the end of the age there will be a harvest and "the field is the world?

All you are doing is helping Satan pave the way for the beast of Revelation 13:1 with your mistaken teaching that the beast has already come and gone so there is no need to be on guard for his arrival. And who do you say that beast was? I need a good laugh because I haven't had a good one since the Ravens won their last game!