Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

Right Divider

Body part
I'll give you an example of a prophecy from Revelation that was fulfilled. We learn that it was fulfilled from secular history:

(Rev 16:19) And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

“it so happened that the sedition at Jerusalem was revived, and parted into three factions, and that one faction fought against the other; which partition in such evil cases may be said to be a good thing, and the effect of divine justice.” - Josephus, Wars of the Jews 5:1:1
:mock: Your "logic" is as hilarious as it is fallacious.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Instead I will show you hear how a prophecy can have multiple realizations.

Daniel 9:27 (NIV2011)
He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

To Daniel it can be about a situation where the first temple was destroyed with the Jews exiled.

To Jesus it can be about a situation where the second temple was destroyed with the Jews exiled.

Er, no.

(Dan 9:27) “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem .....

The prophecy was to begin after the first temple was destroyed. It had absolutely nothing to do with the actual destruction of the first temple.

There were two temples. The first one was destroyed and then a second one was built, and then the second one was destroyed.

That's it. There are no more prophecies for a third temple. Dispensationalists are famous for taking OT prophecies about rebuilding the first temple, and applying those prophecies to a future third temple. They also take prophecies about the destruction of the second temple, and apply those into the future also.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where’s the lion and the lamb part

That's nowhere in the Bible.

There is the wolf and lamb in the Bible (Isaiah 11:6 & Isaiah 65:25)

If you're referring to the wolf and the lamb, it's very simple. The lamb refers to the Israelites, and the wolf refers to the Gentiles.

In Christ, the wolf and the lamb dwell together.

In the OT, the wolf was used frequently to refer to Israel's enemies, and frequently Israel was referred to as the lamb.

clefty

If you're referring to the wolf and the lamb, it's very simple. The lamb refers to the Israelites, and the wolf refers to the Gentiles.

In the OT, the wolf was used frequently to refer to Israel's enemies, and frequently Israel was referred to as the lamb.

Bravo...people have indeed thought these (lion and lamb) were in the Bible together...add even details like this to it

But is that lamb and wolf with child shall lead them occurred already?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
They did line the streets. We see this in Matt 23
They lined the streets for all 3 pilgrimage feasts every year. There was extra excitement for Jesus, and this is documented with the palm branches.

There is no historical information to suggest that the people ever lined the streets to recite the Hallel. Your only proof is Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem which you say was a recitation of the Hallel but was actually a recognition of the Messiah King. They uttered words appropriate to the situation that were familiar to them from their prayers, not the full 5 Psalms.

Here's why it was not the Hallel.

1. The people used the word Hosanna. This is not an accurate part of the Hallel prayer. The Hallel was a recitation of 5 exact Psalms. Verse 25 is quite different than what was uttered by the crowd.

2. They mix "he" with "son of David" and "king" in the gospel record. They were hailing Him as the promised successor to the throne of David.

3. Had they been reciting the Hallel, they would not have done it so poorly by substituting the word 'king' for 'he' and vice versa.

4. There is no reference in Acts 2 to the recitation of the Hallel, or even this verse. Do you not agree that it would have been referenced or alluded to at least?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no historical information to suggest that the people ever lined the streets to recite the Hallel.

"They shout Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! (v. 13). These are lines from one of the Psalms of Ascents (Ps 118:25-26) sung as a welcome to pilgrims coming up to Jerusalem. As such, this is an entirely appropriate thing to do as Jesus is coming up to Jerusalem." SOURCE

I'll be out of town for a few days, but when I get back, I'll do some research, and see if I can find some historical proof for you.

I don't think it's far fetched to think Jews would line the streets to welcome the Pilgrims and sing "blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord" three times a year....it kinda makes a lot of sense.

Therefore, when Jesus said "you will not see me again until you say blesses is he who comes in the name of the Lord", it referred to one of the pilgrimage feast days when the Jews would see Him next.

clefty

"They shout Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! (v. 13). These are lines from one of the Psalms of Ascents (Ps 118:25-26) sung as a welcome to pilgrims coming up to Jerusalem. As such, this is an entirely appropriate thing to do as Jesus is coming up to Jerusalem." SOURCE

I'll be out of town for a few days, but when I get back, I'll do some research, and see if I can find some historical proof for you.

I don't think it's far fetched to think Jews would line the streets to welcome the Pilgrims and sing "blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord" three times a year....it kinda makes a lot of sense.

Therefore, when Jesus said "you will not see me again until you say blesses is he who comes in the name of the Lord", it referred to one of the pilgrimage feast days when the Jews would see Him next.

Skipping town eh?

Well hope you can answer the other questions you were asked when you get back...namely if all is fulfilled how come there is still more going to happen...like His return a new heaven and a new earth with its no temple new jerusalem same Sabbath to Sabbath worship...

Safe travels

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

Tet,

I agree with you that it is not far fetched, but it seems to me that historical proof of lining the streets to perform the Hallel is kind of required to make the claim. Thanks for seeing to that when you return.

Jerry Shugart

Nope.

The unbelieving Jews from every nation suffered misery like never seen before, and not seen since, from 66AD-70AD in Jerusalem.

That is not what the Lord Jesus said. To you His word "everything" means only some things. In order to cling to your theology you prove that you are more than willing to pervert what the Lord Jesus said.

Rosenritter

There is no way of describing a spiritual kingdom with earthly words.

It would be like describing a spiritual body with earthly words. You can't do it.

It has.

All prophecy in the OT has been fulfilled by Christ Jesus.

Merely repeating your assertion does not establish it as valid.

Not in the kingdom. On planet earth, yes, but not in the kingdom. The kingdom is not on planet earth.

There is non-earthly kingdom that is spiritual. I doubt there are any houses, or people eating fruit, since houses and fruit aren't spiritual things.

Nor do I believe there will be children in the kingdom:

(Matt 12:25) When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Every angel mentioned in the Bible has a male name. There is not one angel in the Bible with a female name. Also, there is the Father and the Son, no mention of a mother or daughter.

I believe what Jesus said. He said He came to fulfill the law and prophets, and that's what He did.

You must not believe what the prophecy said though. It said that the children die 100 years old (you said they do not die at all) it said that they plant vineyards and eat the fruit. If your way of designating a prophecy as "fulfilled" is to ignore it all together then I guess that does explain "all prophecy is fulfilled" from your point of view.

Rosenritter

(Luke 2:1 KJV) And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

At the time, did the Mayan's living in what is now Central Mexico pay taxes to Caesar Augustus when he sent out his decree that "All THE WORLD" should be taxed?

If no, why not? It clearly says "ALL THE WORLD"?????

Caesar's "all the world" and Jesus's "all the world" are presumed to be different in scope. Caesar owns what he can tax. Jesus owns what he created.

Rosenritter

If "the wolf" is the Gentiles and the "lamb" is Israel,
1) Where is this symbolism EVER used in the bible elsewhere?
2) then what are the "leopard and the kid?"
3) Then what are "the calf and the young lion and the fatling" and what is "the little child?"

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
To those who think that the tribulation attending the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. was not the worst calamity history will ever see, the following point needs to be understood.

Forget about the starvation, the numbers who died, the factions within, mothers eating their own children, etc. if you want. And compare those things recorded by Josephus to the tribulation experienced during the Flood, the World Wars, the Holocaust or abortion if this makes you feel justified in stating that Jesus could not possibly have been thinking of Jerusalem when He said; Mat 24:21KJV

But the greatest "tribulation" was not physical; it was spiritual. Never before or since has God, because of their continued wickedness, abandoned His chosen people to be systematically annihilated by an army chosen for that purpose. To have God tabernacle with you, to have the Shekhinah Glory, the temple of the true God of heaven and earth, and then, because of your wickedness in rejecting the Son, have it all taken away...

The oppression, despair, and anguish of that one fact raises the bar to a level of the absolute greatest tribulation that could ever befall a people and the most notable event in history.

clefty

To those who think that the tribulation attending the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. was not the worst calamity history will ever see, the following point needs to be understood.

Forget about the starvation, the numbers who died, the factions within, mothers eating their own children, etc. if you want. And compare those things recorded by Josephus to the tribulation experienced during the Flood, the World Wars, the Holocaust or abortion if this makes you feel justified in stating that Jesus could not possibly have been thinking of Jerusalem when He said; Mat 24:21KJV

But the greatest "tribulation" was not physical; it was spiritual. Never before or since has God, because of their continued wickedness, abandoned His chosen people to be systematically annihilated by an army chosen for that purpose. To have God tabernacle with you, to have the Shekhinah Glory, the temple of the true God of heaven and earth, and then, because of your wickedness in rejecting the Son, have it all taken away...

The oppression, despair, and anguish of that one fact raises the bar to a level of the absolute greatest tribulation that could ever befall a people and the most notable event in history.

“And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”

did that happen too? Notice it’s NO FLESH should be saved...the destruction was mutual not just all about jews...your idolatry knows no bounds...

Many false christs with false deceptions (MAD) even the elect deceived
“Wherefore if othey shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not” cant think of a better description for the third temple...that abomination of desolation

As lighting from east to west...

signs in heavens its powers shaken

ALL tribes shall see the sign of Son of man coming and mourn and see Him coming with angels with trumpet sounding gathering all His elect from the four corners...

IN 70 AD HE WAS NOT TABERNACLING WITH THEM...you forget the second temple HAD NO SHEKINAH already and its Holy of Holies was empty...perhaps you idolize jews...and their pain...

The first time the Spirit was in the building was when His Son Whom they rejected was presented as an infant

BECUASE OF THEIR WICKEDNESS IN REJECTING THE SON was NOT what jews thought was the reason their money changing machine was taken away...

And true jews ACCEPTED their punishment to be scattered amongst all the nations as their brothers formerly were...true jews STILL WAIT for the messiah to restore Israel NOT Zionism its military and political abomination...true jews even wrote Hitler was punishment for their continued successs at assimilation with the goyim...true jews dont feel oppression despair or anguish for their punishment...do not seek PROFIT from the holocaust...but wait for the messiah to appear in the desert in secret places...But believers believe it NOT

Rosenritter

I think I agree with Clefty here:

Matthew 24:21-22 KJV
(21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
(22) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

And another passage that seems to speak in a similar sense:

Genesis 6:13 KJV
(13) And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

What Jesus describes doesn't seem to be confined to the destruction of one local city any more than God would have told Noah to build a huge boat for a local pond swelling.

Matthew 24:30 KJV
(30) And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

There's no indication that the whole world say the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and if so how did all the tribes of the earth mourn? Did China mourn? What about Egypt? Did the Roman Empire see the sign of Jesus in the sky and mourn in 70 A.D.? Why would Jesus say this if it didn't apply?

And if you are tempted to think that Noah's flood might be too great compared to Christ's return,

Matthew 24:37-39 KJV
(37) But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(38) For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
(39) And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Perhaps that is referring to the suddenness of which it will occur, and the lack of other warning, but can you say there was a lack of other warning for Jerusalem in 70 A.D.? Couldn't someone with a little bit of political sense see what would happen if you provoked the Roman Empire?

It is difficult to see how the destruction of one city can compare as "greater tribulation" than the destruction of the entire world. God saved eight souls through Noah, but Jesus said with this tribulation no flesh should be saved alive.

I think it's safe to say that this is yet to come. God may not destroy all flesh with a flood again, but we now have weapons of our own devising that literally have the ability to destroy all flesh. I mean literally literally, not figuratively literally.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
“And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”

did that happen too?

Yes.

These were the days of vengeance. Luk 21:22KJV.
Had this campaign continued, as was normal with conquering armies, the surrounding areas and towns, even the hill country would have been greatly affected. In order to protect the growing group of Jews converted to Christianity from death and preserve the elect, God arranged events such that the areas they had fled to were safe for them.

God did not allow this to be an ethnic cleansing. If it had been, the apostles, disciples and the whole fledgling Christian church throughout Palestine would have been in great danger. Jesus was telling His disciples that the countryside would not be wholly overrun and desolated. This is why He told them to flee into the mountain country for safety.

clefty

Yes.

These were the days of vengeance. Luk 21:22KJV.
Had this campaign continued, as was normal with conquering armies, the surrounding areas and towns, even the hill country would have been greatly affected. In order to protect the growing group of Jews converted to Christianity from death and preserve the elect, God arranged events such that the areas they had fled to were safe for them.

God did not allow this to be an ethnic cleansing. If it had been, the apostles, disciples and the whole fledgling Christian church throughout Palestine would have been in great danger. Jesus was telling His disciples that the countryside would not be wholly overrun and desolated. This is why He told them to flee into the mountain country for safety.

Yes “no flesh would be spared” refers to jews only...the rest of us goyim are not worthy of that love of the world that WHOSOEVER believes shall not perish...

But yes pray that the Sabbath be kept as fleeing on it is really not resting ya dig?

Yes yes not for you...got it...not for you...Sabbath was made for just jews...

And nothing more is to be fulfilled...Son of Man already came and took His...

Yes yes...for you...Behold He is in the “holy” land desert GO!...behold He is in the secret chambers of the third temple...GO!