Righteousness and Justification by Faith

beloved57

Pate, you are so pathetically blind. You argue against your brother Calvinist that we can do nothing except believe, but then you give a scripture where someone is doing more then just believing, they are calling on the Lord.

You boast about your obedience and pate boast about his obedience !

Robert Pate

Banned
You are not speaking the truth. I am the one claiming we have to obey. Pate is arguing with you saying he does nothing.

I have obeyed the Gospel. When I did that God sealed me with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and placed me "In Christ" Colossians 3:3. God now sees me as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. Not sure about you. You appear to be trying to be good enough to be saved.

God's Truth

I have obeyed the Gospel. When I did that God sealed me with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and placed me "In Christ" Colossians 3:3. God now sees me as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. Not sure about you. You appear to be trying to be good enough to be saved.

Paul is not teaching that to get saved and to obey means to do nothing.

beloved57

How have you obeyed the Gospel when you teach sinners Christ died for are still lost? Obviously you dont believe His Blood alone saves!

glorydaz

God wants you to believe Jesus when he says repent or perish.

:chuckle:

John 3:15-16 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.​

God's Truth

:chuckle:

John 3:15-16 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.​

Believes WHAT about him?

We have to believe in Jesus. We have to believe we will perish if we don't repent.

Nanja

pate

Pate is boasting about his false salvation. Its because he made such a good decision to accept what Christ has done, when other sinners more foolish and rebellious and lest wise as he go into perdition. Pate boast of his work to get saved !

Exactly! If Pate or any other person believes in his mind that he became saved by a decision he made, something that he did, e.g. his own believing, obeying, calling on the Lord, etc., that's boasting because others, not as wise as him, had the same opportunity but failed to take advantage of it.

But the Truth is, if a person has never been Born of the Spirit he has no Salvation!

"Now if any have not the Spirit of Christ he is none of His" Rom. 8:9

So all the works the natural man [not Born of Spirit] does to get himself saved, all his righteous acts and moral living, cannot please God Rom. 8:8 and they are filthy rags in His sight Is. 64:6.

1 Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know, because they are spiritually discerned.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exactly! If Pate or any other person believes in his mind that he became saved by a decision he made, something that he did, e.g. his own believing, obeying, calling on the Lord, etc., that's boasting because others, not as wise as him, had the same opportunity but failed to take advantage of it.

But the Truth is, if a person has never been Born of the Spirit he has no Salvation!

So all the works the natural man [not Born of Spirit] does to get himself saved, al his righteous acts and moral living, cannot please God Rom. 8:8; they are as filthy rags in His sight Is. 64:6!

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know, because they are spiritually discerned.
Romans 10:9-13 King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God's Truth

It doesn't take wisdom to obey. Wisdom comes AFTER obeying.

Too many have been fooled the way you have been; they teach obeying will condemn you.

It is never shameful to obey. Paul even boasted in his obedience. It is the cleaning ourselves that we cannot do. However, obeying what Jesus says is never wrong and you should stop preaching against it.

Jesus doesn't say that those who obey him are condemned for it, it is ludicrous to say such a thing.

So all the works the natural man [not Born of Spirit] does to get himself saved, al his righteous acts and moral living, cannot please God Rom. 8:8; they are as filthy rags in His sight Is. 64:6!
It is never ever a filthy rag to obey Jesus. It is a filthy rag to give a sin offering but not really be sorry for your sins.

The natural man only wants to please his flesh; however, we are not just flesh, we are also spirit. Some people want more out of life than to please their flesh. Jesus talks about these people; he says they are on the side of truth.

Nanja

Romans 10:9-13 King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Those in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8!