Rewarded According To Works Yet Saved by Grace

heir

TOL Subscriber
TB thinks he's one of the so-called, "Elects."

I know. The question I posed to him (more than a few times now) should bring him to the realization that he is not saved because he believes he was saved before ever hearing and believing the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that Paul writes is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). The gospel of Christ is the power of God, not TULIP.

Samie

You've taken a portion of Scripture out of context and formed a false doctrine for yourself. I'm sorry that you're so confused. I suggest that you go back to the beginning. Regardless, I'm through with your confusion. You are basically saying that you have to be saved first before you can be saved. Sounds silly - doesn't it? Like I said in my last post, you have the last word.
Jesus: apart from Me, man can do NOTHING. John 15:5 NASB

journey: apart from Christ, man can do SOMETHING - he can accept the gift of salvation - to be in Christ.

journey seems to be still confused he can't address the above. Somebody could be of help. Here's that somebody as confused as journey.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
When did you trust the Lord after hearing and believing the gospel of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)? If there's never been a moment, you are just a religious, but lost drone (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV)
Not the denominational fad agian.
I trust the Lord now.
No ! You're not allowed to see my heaven passport !

Last edited:

journey

John 15:5

John 15:5

Some people don't have a clue what John 15:5 means, especially after they've taken just a few words out of context.

John 15:4-6 KJV Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Hint: the purpose of a branch is to bear fruit, but it can't if it's detached from the vine. That vine is Jesus Christ in His example, and we are the branches. Jesus gave this as a simple illustration.

God's Truth

You don believe in Jesus. You can babble all you want but your baby babbling isn't going to earn you a ticket to heaven. Your theology isn't lined with God's truths. You bare a false name and insult our God. Your next bus is the express bus to hell.

Are you a real tulip bee?

You speak hateful nonsense.

GOD SAYS we know Him if we obey Him. I tell you I obey Him and you say I do not know Him. You speak against God's Word.

God's Truth

Typical man made qustions to shame God. Won't play with you. You're on your own. Take a seat for the wild ride. Hold on tight !

Hahahaha Tell me, how is it shaming God to speak of what He did?

You say we cannot believe and obey until God saves us; if that is true, why did God have to harden Pharaoh?

God's Truth

No, it's all the works of the law

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Why do you keep lying about this?

That is about the ceremonial/purification works/law.

God's Truth

Again, with your lies.

The truth:

Christ died on the cross for all of our sins after being made sin for us and was raised again for our justification whether or not a person believes it!

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

People are purified and do not even have to believe it?!

I can hardly believe you can say such a thing.

Ephesians 5:5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person--such a person is an idolater--has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

God's Truth

Liar. We all have access by the faith OF Jesus Christ!

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

By faith of him is by faith in him.

Faith in Jesus about what?

Faith in Jesus that he cleans of the sins we repent.

Samie

Some people don't have a clue what John 15:5 means, especially after they've taken just a few words out of context.

John 15:4-6 KJV Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Hint: the purpose of a branch is to bear fruit, but it can't if it's detached from the vine. That vine is Jesus Christ in His example, and we are the branches. Jesus gave this as a simple illustration.
Simple, yes, but why is it you seem so confused in understanding it?

Believing is exercising faith. Faith is fruit of the Spirit. Apart from Christ Who is the Vine, man - the branch - cannot bear any fruit, and therefore, can't have faith. So how can he believe without faith?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Are you a real tulip bee?

You speak hateful nonsense.

GOD SAYS we know Him if we obey Him. I tell you I obey Him and you say I do not know Him. You speak against God's Word.
The real gospel in 1 John 2:29 we read, "If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him." This means the person who obeys God and does righteousness has been born of God. His obedience proves that he has received a new will because he experienced the great miracle of God called regeneration. Thus, we can make a second proposition: Regeneration precedes obedience.

God's Truth

The real gospel in 1 John 2:29 we read, "If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him." This means the person who obeys God and does righteousness has been born of God. His obedience proves that he has received a new will because he experienced the great miracle of God called regeneration. Thus, we can make a second proposition: Regeneration precedes obedience.

You were speaking right until you ended it with an off the wall falseness.

journey

Simple, yes, but why is it you seem so confused in understanding it?

Believing is exercising faith. Faith is fruit of the Spirit. Apart from Christ Who is the Vine, man - the branch - cannot bear any fruit, and therefore, can't have faith. So how can he believe without faith?

You're trying to pervert the Gospel of the Grace of God with your private, false interpretations. So, you are now on my ignore list. You're actually trying to teach that you have to be saved first before you can be saved. You shouldn't be trying to teach at all until you understand the basics.

Samie

You're trying to pervert the Gospel of the Grace of God with your private, false interpretations.
Is believing Christ's words perversion of the gospel?

So, you are now on my ignore list.
Thank you for the honor.

You're actually trying to teach that you have to be saved first before you can be saved.
Are you aware that the Bible tells us that salvation has 3 tenses? Past, present ,future. We have been saved, are being saved and will be saved.

You shouldn't be trying to teach at all until you understand the basics.
Then why don't you apply that to yourself? You aren't even aware of the 3 tenses of Salvation.

And since am now on your ignore list, please ponder on the ff:

Jesus told His disciples that apart from Him, they can do NOTHING. Are you better off than His disciples you can do SOMETHING apart from Him?