Reputation power factors being reduced

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In an attempt to control the reputation powers from increasing too fast we have altered the factors that determine your reputation giving power just a bit.

Evenyones rep power will decrease some today.

beanieboy

What is the gray or purplishrep?
As a non subscriber, I have red and green, but no greyish purple.
What is dat?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
What is the gray or purplishrep?
As a non subscriber, I have red and green, but no greyish purple.
What is dat?
If someone who has no rep power reps you, then you get one of those. They don't add to, or subtract from, your rep points. So if there's no comment you may never know if it was supposed to be pos or neg. And as a non-subscriber you can't make a determination based on who it's from, because you can't see that, unless they sign it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lighthouse said:
So what are the determining factors, now?
Rep power is based on....

- The amount of time you have been a TOL member.
- Your post count (hence BillyBob's high power) :)
- Your Reputation

We have simply increased some of these already existing factors.

Carver

Does rep power do anything? Or is it just for show? I was under the impression that it was just for show, but you make it sound like it is more.

Lovejoy

Carver said:
Does rep power do anything? Or is it just for show? I was under the impression that it was just for show, but you make it sound like it is more.
It is a force to be reckoned with.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Carver said:

I'd tell ya but then I'd hafta..well...you know.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Carver said:
Your rep power is the amount you can effect others when you leave reputation points for them in a negative or positive way.