rep thread

IMJerusha

yep, that he in the verse is not in the greek, it just says I AM, they understood perfectly that He was calling Himself by the same name given to moses when moses asked God who should he tell the people that sent him, and God said I AM.

Incorrect. In the Greek the word "He" is required by the context. That is the reason for the [ ] around the word.

IMJerusha

Very basic Bible Facts:

Almighty God is a Holy Trinity - three unique personages - yet the three are one.

God the Father
God the Son (Jesus Christ, The Word)
God the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost)

Almighty God refers to the Father, the first person of the Trinity, as in the Apostles Creed: "I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.." and in the Nicene Creed: "I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible."

Nobody here has said that God the Son is God the Father, but we are saying that God the Son (Jesus Christ) is God. Yes, there is some slithering here by some. The slithering reminds me of the Clintons. The bottom line is simple: Jesus Christ is and always has been God and the Creator.

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Your bottom line is skewed. The Son is not the Father and Yeshua never stated He was/is; only that He is One with the Father.

The above is a very simple portion of Scripture that speaks volumes. Those who deny that Jesus Christ is God need a good Sunday School for beginners. Please see more in my blogs.

By all means, advertise your error.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You don't seem to know much about Jesus' word.
I'll be a little more concerned about your judgment on the point when you understand who the author is.

What Jesus is saying that you cannot inherit His kingdom by lip services, not by what you claim or your doctrines..
No, he's saying you don't inherit, earn it by any of your or my frail efforts, but by his work. The rest is gratitude and the walk.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.
Right. A good tree will bear good fruit, but no fruit will ever bear a tree. :D

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

so what is new?

everybody wants to get in on the act

they are just looking for rep

they must be mad

or unitarians

they are a weird bunch

have you tried reasoning with them?

without success

they deny the Father and Son

they don't even know what that means

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'll be a little more concerned about your judgment on the point when you understand who the author is.

You are right. I will be judged accordingly if I speak carelessly.

But I am confident in what I spread. I have been reading your posts and your comments are so worldly, over all.

Jesus' followers are not of the world, says Jesus.

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Incorrect. In the Greek the word "He" is required by the context. That is the reason for the [ ] around the word.

No, im not incorrect the reason the [] is there is because it was added, and the actual context is changed because of the he being there, people like you think its actually there and by it being there misses the larger word picture, that He is I AM - the context is actually Him telling them He was God, which is why they wanted to stone Him for blasphemy.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Almighty God refers to the Father, the first person of the Trinity
Revelation 1 KJV
(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You are right. I will be judged accordingly if I speak carelessly.
Or you could simply look to God the Son for grace.

But I am confident in what I spread.
So was Stalin.

I have been reading your posts and your comments are so worldly, over all.
You probably just need a new lens on those glasses. I once thought Knight said he instituted a monkey reset...he didn't though, sadly.

Jesus' followers are not of the world, says Jesus.
Then you have a problem, because I'm a follower. Time to reset your judgeometer, I suppose.

glorydaz

No, im not incorrect the reason the [] is there is because it was added, and the actual context is changed because of the he being there, people like you think its actually there and by it being there misses the larger word picture, that He is I AM - the context is actually Him telling them He was God, which is why they wanted to stone Him for blasphemy.

:first:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

He did not say we know them by what they claim or by their doctrines.
Who Christ is isn't a doctrine, it's a foundation, a truth, a reason to trust and rely on him. It's the cross and resurrection in breath.

And like I said, while a life touched by grace will produce good fruit, good fruit will never produce the tree.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Very basic Bible Facts:

Almighty God is a Holy Trinity - three unique personages - yet the three are one.

God the Father
God the Son (Jesus Christ, The Word)
God the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost)

Nobody here has said that God the Son is God the Father, but we are saying that God the Son (Jesus Christ) is God. Yes, there is some slithering here by some. The slithering reminds me of the Clintons. The bottom line is simple: Jesus Christ is and always has been God and the Creator.

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The above is a very simple portion of Scripture that speaks volumes. Those who deny that Jesus Christ is God need a good Sunday School for beginners. Please see more in my blogs.

I almost missed this great post. Well said, Journey. :thumb:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

so what is new?

kim met with francis

did he know she was a democrat?

probably

did he know she was divorced?

probably

did he know why she went to jail?