rep thread

meshak

BANNED
Banned
so why don't you use the name Jesus?

Come on, chris.

Yeshua is the original one, it seems.

I say Jesus because this name has been used for long and I am not use to saying "Yeshua".

We should not have any problem other Christians call Him "Yeshua".

IMJerusha

Why doesn't she confess Him as Lord and God like Thomas did?

Is the interpretation of that statement that the Son is the Father? No. There is a delineation and Yeshua made sure to make that clear. In that Yeshua is in the Father and the Father is in Yeshua, and Yeshua is the Son of God, He has the attributes of the Father which include divinity but He is not the Father. I've stated this before here, Gdaz and posted Yeshua's word on the matter. Show me where the Nicene Creed states that Yeshua is God without the Father? It doesn't. It states that Yeshua is God OF God. Are you dismissing God's Headship as well as determining what counts in His eyes? Read the words of Peter in Acts 10:36-38. Also consider Philippians 2:4-11 "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

glorydaz

Is the interpretation of that statement that the Son is the Father? No. There is a delineation and Yeshua made sure to make that clear. In that Yeshua is in the Father and the Father is in Yeshua, and Yeshua is the Son of God, He has the attributes of the Father which include divinity but He is not the Father. I've stated this before here, Gdaz and posted Yeshua's word on the matter. Show me where the Nicene Creed states that Yeshua is God without the Father? It doesn't. It states that Yeshua is God OF God. Are you dismissing God's Headship as well as determining what counts in His eyes? Read the words of Peter in Acts 10:36-38.

You're like every snake I've ever seen....slither and slink and slide past the truth. Answer me this. God says He is the only Saviour. Are you going to call God a Liar? Who is your Saviour?

Slink, slither and slide you way out of a direct answer if you can.

glorydaz

If God is with someone, is He against them? 1 John 4:15 Are you painting a picture of a dual natured God as well as deciding for Him what counts and what doesn't?

I'm painting a picture of a serpent who denies the Lord Jesus Christ is God and was God in the beginning and created all things and was before all things. You're sitting for your own portrait and the picture becomes clearer every time you open your mouth to ssssssssssspeak.

IMJerusha

You're like every snake I've ever seen....slither and slink and slide past the truth. Answer me this. God says He is the only Saviour. Are you going to call God a Liar? Who is your Saviour?

Slink, slither and slide you way out of a direct answer if you can.

Context is everything, Gdaz, no matter how bad you want to twist it. From Whom did Yeshua come? Scripture states that we are saved by God through Yeshua. Romans 5:9-11 "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation."

IMJerusha

I'm painting a picture of a serpent who denies the Lord Jesus Christ is God and was God in the beginning and created all things and was before all things. You're sitting for your own portrait and the picture becomes clearer every time you open your mouth to ssssssssssspeak.

That's humorous since you are the one doing the accusing. :chuckle:

How much Scripture do you want to ignore for the purpose of exalting yourself over other believers? And that seems to be what galls you, that there are people who don't do that. And why would anyone want to behave like that or become like that when that behavior is not the way Yeshua walked? So paint to your heart's content if you so choose if false witness is all you choose to rise to. Just understand you are not rising to God's occasion but rather your own.

glorydaz

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Yep, and the Jews knew what these wanna be Jews don't. When Jesus said He was I AM, he was saying He was God. They didn't fall over backward because He called Himself Jesus of Nazareth.

John 18:6
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

glorydaz

That's humorous since you are the one doing the accusing. :chuckle:

How much Scripture do you want to ignore for the purpose of exalting yourself over other believers?

What? "Other" "believers"? You mean those who deny that Jesus Christ is Lord and God? It's hardly "exalting" myself to stand against those who deny the ONLY Saviour is God, our Lord Jesus Christ. Nice try, though. In a feeble sort of way. ;)

IMJerusha

What? "Other" "believers"? You mean those who deny that Jesus Christ is Lord and God? It's hardly "exalting" myself to stand against those who deny the ONLY Saviour is God, our Lord Jesus Christ. Nice try, though. In a feeble sort of way. ;)

Believers do not uphold that the Son is the Father which you are stating is how Isaiah 3:11 should be interpreted and there is nothing feeble about Yeshua's testimony to the contrary or any of Scripture's testimony to the contrary. ;)

If you can not understand Yeshua's testimony in this regard, you can not emulate Yeshua and quite honestly, you don't. :e4e:

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Yep, and the Jews knew what these wanna be Jews don't. When Jesus said He was I AM, he was saying He was God. They didn't fall over backward because He called Himself Jesus of Nazareth.

John 18:6
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

You don't believe they would fall backward because of the Father in the Son and He in the Father? He was and is the Son of the Father, not the Father. You're blurring the Truth that He is very God OF very God, God OF God. You're denying God's Headship, that the Son can do nothing without the Father.

glorydaz

Believers do not uphold that the Son is the Father and there is nothing feeble about Yeshua's testimony to that fact or any of Scripture's testimony to that fact. ;) :e4e:

Still attempting to mislead I see.

Let's make this very simple.

1. Believers DO NOT uphold that the Son is the Father.

2. Believers DO uphold that the Son is God

So, you can just stop telling that LIE any time, and that would be one step in the right direction.

Believers ALSO know All things were created by and for Him and He was before all things. They know He is included in the US and the WE in Genesis, as Town made abundantly clear.

For some odd reason, you think God is ONLY the Father. The Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. Therein lies your damning error.

glorydaz

You don't believe they would fall backward because of the Father in the Son and He in the Father? He was and is the Son of the Father, not the Father. You're blurring the Truth that He is very God OF very God, God OF God. You're denying God's Headship, that the Son can do nothing without the Father.

No. They fell over backward because He claimed He was the great I AM. It's why they picked up rocks to stone Him. It's why they demanded His death. He was claiming to be God Almighty.

Slither and slink and slide ....anything to deny Jesus is Lord and God. :nono:

IMJerusha

Still attempting to mislead I see.

Since when does Scripture mislead?

Let's make this very simple.

1. Believers DO NOT uphold that the Son is the Father.

True

2. Believers DO uphold that the Son is God.

No, they uphold that the Son is God OF God; that Yeshua has the nature of God, is of One being WITH the Father. If it is as you say, then Yeshua would be omniscient, know the hour of his return, but He does not.

So, you can just stop telling that LIE any time, and that would be one step in the right direction.

I don't call Yeshua a liar. It's a wonder that you do! Has Yeshua taken for Himself the Throne of the Father? No, He sits at the right hand of the Father.

Believers ALSO know All things were created by and for Him and He was before all things. They know He is included in the US and the WE in Genesis, as Town made abundantly clear.

Now get that right, all things were created by the Father through Yeshua and I never stated that Yeshua was not a part of the we/us in Genesis. Implication of false witness is still false witness. You're not improving.

For some odd reason, you think God is ONLY the Father.

Depends on the context.

The Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God.

Not the way you want to twist it. Your attitude toward the Father should be the same as Yeshua's but "for some odd reason," it's not.

Therein lies your damning error.

Really. :rolleyes: So you also believe that anyone who doesn't hold with the twisted version of the doctrine of the Trinity is a poor lost soul in spite of John's testimony as found in 1John 4:15. Tell me, how can anyone who has God living in them be damned? No one who acknowledges Yeshua as the Son of God is damned, except HaSatan and those who follow him.

IMJerusha

No. They fell over backward because He claimed He was the great I AM. It's why they picked up rocks to stone Him. It's why they demanded His death. He was claiming to be God Almighty.

No, He didn't state that. That's your interpretation of His Words and their thoughts on it as well. Yeshua never stated He was the Father, however, but was rather stating His Oneness with the Father and the eternity of His being with the Father. No theologian in his right mind would state that Yeshua was claiming to be God Almighty, because the term God Almighty indicates the Father, not the Son and no theologian in his right mind would declare that the Son is the Father.

I'm not the one doing the twisting.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

yep, that he in the verse is not in the greek, it just says I AM, they understood perfectly that He was calling Himself by the same name given to moses when moses asked God who should he tell the people that sent him, and God said I AM.

journey

Very basic Bible Facts:

Almighty God is a Holy Trinity - three unique personages - yet the three are one.

God the Father
God the Son (Jesus Christ, The Word)
God the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost)

Nobody here has said that God the Son is God the Father, but we are saying that God the Son (Jesus Christ) is God. Yes, there is some slithering here by some. The slithering reminds me of the Clintons. The bottom line is simple: Jesus Christ is and always has been God and the Creator.

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The above is a very simple portion of Scripture that speaks volumes. Those who deny that Jesus Christ is God need a good Sunday School for beginners. Please see more in my blogs.

journey

Here's another portion of Scripture that one should carefully consider if you deny that Jesus Christ is God. This is Jesus Christ speaking:

Matthew 10:32-33 KJV Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.