Renounce Your Worthless Religion and Trust in Christ Alone

Bard_the_Bowman

Those that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are Christ's church.

I agree.

And some who make up Christ's Church turn from Him and teach heresy. They are false teachers and wolves in sheep's clothing.

In God's eyes they are perfect and complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Paul's point in Colossians 2 is that believers in Christ are complete without the ceremonial works of the Old Covenant which set the Jews apart. That's the context.

The passage doesn't say that God sees them as perfect and complete. You added that in there.

In their own eyes and in the eyes of others they are sinners.

Until we are made perfect, we are sinners.

Peace.

Robert Pate

Banned
I agree.

And some who make up Christ's Church turn from Him and teach heresy. They are false teachers and wolves in sheep's clothing.

Paul's point in Colossians 2 is that believers in Christ are complete without the ceremonial works of the Old Covenant which set the Jews apart. That's the context.

The passage doesn't say that God sees them as perfect and complete. You added that in there.

Until we are made perfect, we are sinners.

Peace.

Our humanity was constituted in Jesus Christ. Spiritually, Jesus has perfected our humanity in himself and has taken it to heaven. We are perfect and complete "In Christ". God sees us as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ. However, we are still om this earth in our Adamic bodies and are sinners.

beloved57

Our humanity was constituted in Jesus Christ. Spiritually, Jesus has perfected our humanity in himself and has taken it to heaven. We are perfect and complete "In Christ". God sees us as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ. However, we are still om this earth in our Adamic bodies and are sinners.

False statements, nowhere found in scripture.This is called wresting scripture.

beloved57

The Bible is full of the representative work of Christ on our behalf, Romans 5:12-21.

I have not stated one thing about Rom 5:12-21

What verse says this:

Thats not Rom 5:12-21

beloved57

Of course it is, you are to blind to see it.

" By the obedience of one (Christ) many shall be made righteous" Romans 5:19.

I never denied that verse, in fact its one the verses I use to condemn your false gospel of works. This verse teaches that the life and death of Christ alone has made many righteous, you deny that ! Why you teach that folks whom Christ lived and died for still wind up lost in their sins, which makes God Unjust !

Robert Pate

Banned
I never denied that verse, in fact its one the verses I use to condemn your false gospel of works. This verse teaches that the life and death of Christ alone has made many righteous, you deny that ! Why you teach that folks whom Christ lived and died for still wind up lost in their sins, which makes God Unjust !

God created man with a free will. Adam did not lose his free will in the fall. What he lost was his relationship with God.

Robert Pate

Banned

Because like Jesus said, They don't believe.

Ben Masada

There was no religion in the early church. What there was, was Judaizers. A Judaizer is someone that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses. These people were a hinderance to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Paul was in conflict with them continually, they caused problems in the church because they did not believe that salvation was by grace through faith without the works of the law. James was a Judaizer, he wanted to circumcise Gentile believers according to the law of Moses, Acts chapter 15. Paul wanted no part of it.

So, are you by any chance implying that Jesus was a Judaizer? Oh yes because, he not only believed in "Moses" aka the Law but he would actually teach his disciples to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Do you have a reasonable response to your readers whom you are asking to renounce their faith to trust someone that has been dead for 2000 years?

There was no religion in the early church. What there was, was Judaizers. A Judaizer is someone that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses. These people were a hinderance to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Paul was in conflict with them continually, they caused problems in the church because they did not believe that salvation was by grace through faith without the works of the law. James was a Judaizer, he wanted to circumcise Gentile believers according to the law of Moses, Acts chapter 15. Paul wanted no part of it.

If you have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, his doing and his dying. Then why do you need a religion? How can a religion add anything to what God has already done in Jesus Christ?

"And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation. God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

If it is Jesus that makes us acceptable to God, then why do you need a religion? If it is Jesus that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5, then how can you add anything to that? I heard that some Catholics go to mass everyday. Do they believe that pleases God? I hardly think so. Religion is not an evidence of faith. Religion is the evidence of the absence of faith. The more religion the less faith.

If you can't believe that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and has reconciled us and the world unto God. Then you should be as religious as you possibly can, not that religion will save you, but its a better life than being a whoremonger or a rabblerouser.

Christianity is not a works religion, it is a faith religion. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Running down to the Catholic church everyday to take mass is not of faith, it is of works, the works of the law. Any religious thing that we do is a work of the law. Paul wrote, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Calvinism is not of faith. Calvinist have misdirected faith, instead of faith in Christ and his Gospel they have faith in the doctrine of Calvinism. If you say anything about John Calvin, who is their idle, they become very upset. You can say what you want to about God, or Jesus Christ, but don't blasphemy John Calvin.

There are some, but not many, that are living by faith and not religion. Maybe 10% of those on TOL. I can spot them in a minute. They quote scripture and stand in defense of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and are like myself anti-religious and pro Gospel.

Yes, you never know what freedom is until you come broken, to the foot of the cross, Christ and Him crucified, and no longer wanting to be that dead ego, sinking in the quicksand of religion that's rooted in a vain spirit that will not relinquish control to the Lord. It's any angry cult or -ism, the spirit of rancor and confusion, not the Holy Spirit, anything but the Lord Jesus Christ alone, anything but His one gospel, His word and all His word, alone, isn't it?

Just very well said, Robert. That's all.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 1:8-9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

John 4:23-24 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.

John 8:36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Revelation 21:6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts."

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.