Renounce Your Worthless Religion and Trust in Christ Alone

Bard_the_Bowman

The priesthood of men, which is religion, "For the law (religion) makes men high priest which have infirmities" Hebrews 7:28.

This passage says nothing related to 1 Peter 2:5,9 and certainly does not negate those verses. This passage is merely telling us that we have a perfect and eternal High Priest in Jesus Christ and that we always will have Him.

You cannot just ignore the verses in 1 Peter.

Christianity is not a religion.

Ok. Then what is it?

It is not about works, its about faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Jesus disagrees with you:

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matt. 5:16)

(Sorry Jesus, I can't do that. Robert said Christianity is not about works.)

"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works."

(Sorry Jesus, I haven't done any works because Robert said Christianity isn't about works.)

Religion is full of priest with infirmities, because they are sinners.

Yup. So what? It was God who established it to be that way. For example, who instituted the ministerial Levitical priesthood in the O.T.? God Himself, of course:

"You shall anoint them, consecrate them, and sanctify them, that they may minister to Me as priests." (Ex. 28:41)

See? God is ok with priests who are sinners ministering to Him. It doesn't matter if you are not. He is.

Look at the Catholic church and its priesthood. Need I say anymore?

Well, please don't. I find your posts to usually be about 3/16 Truth mixed with about 13/16 error. And you have a habit of ignoring direct questions that apparently you are unable to answer and changing the subject instead.

For example, you keep saying that Christianity isn't a religion, but when I ask you what it is ...you don't answer. Why not?

And 1 Peter 2:5,9 clearly shows that there are many priests that share in Christ's priesthood...but you ignore those verses. Why? If those verses do NOT show a priesthood of believers...then what is Peter talking about there?

Peace.

Last edited:

fishrovmen

This passage says nothing related to 1 Peter 2:5,9 and certainly does not negate those verses. This passage is merely telling us that we have a perfect and eternal High Priest in Jesus Christ and that we always will have Him.

Ok. Then what is it?

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matt. 5:16)

"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works."

(Sorry Jesus, I haven't done any works because Robert said Christianity isn't about works.)

Yup. So what? It was God who established it to be that way. For example, who instituted the ministerial Levitical priesthood in the O.T.? God Himself, of course:

"You shall anoint them, consecrate them, and sanctify them, that they may minister to Me as priests." (Ex. 28:41)

See? God is ok with priests who are sinners ministering to Him. It doesn't matter if you are not. He is.

Well, please don't. I find your posts to usually be about 3/16 Truth mixed with about 13/16 error. And you have a habit of ignoring direct questions that apparently you are unable to answer and changing the subject instead.

For example, you keep saying that Christianity isn't a religion, but when I ask you what it is ...you don't answer. Why not?

And 1 Peter 2:5,9 clearly shows that there are many priests that share in Christ's priesthood...but you ignore those verses. Why? If those verses do NOT show a priesthood of believers...then what is Peter talking about there?

Peace.
3/16 truth is being quite generous. Good post!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
try reading the whole Bible.

You need to repent and be born again. If this doesn't happen, you'll never see God (Jn 8:21).

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
It will be a sad day (Re 21:4) when they hear "Lord, Lord..." (Mt 7:23) as you'd cry out to a friend that you thought you knew--but never did.

Robert Pate

Banned
If you are waiting for Jesus to shed more blood you'll keep waiting.

Jesus has already shed his blood for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. So that now those who do nothing more than call on his name can be saved, Romans 10:13.

Robert Pate

Banned

Ok. Then what is it?

Peace.

Those priest have infirmities and are not to be trusted.

Bard_the_Bowman

Those priest have infirmities and are not to be trusted.

Hey Robert,

Well, if you are referring to Hebrews 7:28 that was a reference to High Priests. There is only one in the New Covenant and it is Jesus Christ. No more infirmities.

If you are referring to the priesthood of all believers, well, yes, we have infirmities...and yet we share in Christ's priesthood anyways because God has established it that way.

And you are one of them. Are you saying you are not to be trusted too?

The point is that Jesus is the only High Priest in the New Covenant but He shares His priesthood with others so that there are, in fact, many priests in the New Covenant.

Peace.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hey Robert,

Well, if you are referring to Hebrews 7:28 that was a reference to High Priests. There is only one in the New Covenant and it is Jesus Christ. No more infirmities.

If you are referring to the priesthood of all believers, well, yes, we have infirmities...and yet we share in Christ's priesthood anyways because God has established it that way.

And you are one of them. Are you saying you are not to be trusted too?

The point is that Jesus is the only High Priest in the New Covenant but He shares His priesthood with others so that there are, in fact, many priests in the New Covenant.

Peace.

There is only one high priest that can be trusted. All of the others are sinners and cannot be trusted.

Bard_the_Bowman

There is only one high priest that can be trusted. All of the others are sinners and cannot be trusted.

I agree.

But don't you think Jesus has the power to protect His Church from teaching error?

If He does, then don't trust all of the others....just trust Him.

It think that is reasonable in light of Luke 10:16 and Matthew 28:17.

Peace.

Robert Pate

Banned
I agree.

But don't you think Jesus has the power to protect His Church from teaching error?

If He does, then don't trust all of the others....just trust Him.

It think that is reasonable in light of Luke 10:16 and Matthew 28:17.

Peace.

Jesus does not protect the church from heresies.

Paul said, "We have no confidence in the flesh" Philippians 3:3.

Bard_the_Bowman

Jesus does not protect the church from heresies.

Paul said, "We have no confidence in the flesh" Philippians 3:3.

Jesus doesn't deny individual men their free will so yes, there are heresies and there are heretics.

But Jesus' Church is Jesus' Church.

Jesus has the power to protect His Church from teaching heresy. And there is no power that can prevent Him from doing so.

If His Church ever teaches heresy, then He has failed and His Church has been overcome by the evil one. Which hasn't happened, and cannot happen. He promised to be with His Church always.

And He is God.

So yeah, confidence is place in Jesus.

Peace.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus doesn't deny individual men their free will so yes, there are heresies and there are heretics.

But Jesus' Church is Jesus' Church.

Jesus has the power to protect His Church from teaching heresy. And there is no power that can prevent Him from doing so.

If His Church ever teaches heresy, then He has failed and His Church has been overcome by the evil one. Which hasn't happened, and cannot happen. He promised to be with His Church always.

And He is God.

So yeah, confidence is place in Jesus.

Peace.

Those that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are Christ's church.

In God's eyes they are perfect and complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

In their own eyes and in the eyes of others they are sinners.