ECT Reformed Theology

MaxGrit

I personally have no problem with it, but TOL does, and since they enforce their rules when I choose to break them they should do the same with you.

I would rather those rules were not in place, but they are.

Ty i edit sorry board and forgive me for my mistake.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What IS the beef?

I think it boils down to the common mis-perception of human freewill.

The reality of God dictates that it's impossible for man to have real freewill.

Man only has the appearance of freewill. From our perspective, it is equivalent to having real freewil. This is because we can't see the future.

If man had free will he would sin to the limit and refuse to die.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ever play Peek-a-boo with a baby?

Made up.

Genesis 22

Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!”

11 And an angel of the Lord called him out of heaven, and said, Abraam, Abraam. And he said, Behold, I am here. 12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the child, neither do anything to him, for now I know that thou fearest God, and for my sake thou hast not spared thy beloved son.

God's prophet (likely Moses) says one thing, you say something else. Like all doctrines and religions, they fall apart in the face of the Holy Bible.

MaxGrit

Made up.

Genesis 22

Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!”

11 And an angel of the Lord called him out of heaven, and said, Abraam, Abraam. And he said, Behold, I am here. 12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the child, neither do anything to him, for now I know that thou fearest God, and for my sake thou hast not spared thy beloved son.

God's prophet (likely Moses) says one thing, you say something else. Like all doctrines and religions, they fall apart in the face of the Holy Bible.

you have eyes and ears yet you are blind and deaf to God's Word

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I have freewill. Gobs of it. :)

All of us are willful creatures. God created us that way.

The question is, whom do we serve with our wills?

Unbelievers are in bondage to sin and death, and only able to willfully serve Satan.

Christians are freed from that bondage through the grace of Jesus Christ, to willfully serve God.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
A great part of the problem, is that too much misrepresentation of theological views is asserted.

your people created the problem

free will no longer means free will
predestination no longer means predestination
election no longer means election
sin no longer means sin
etc

Cross Reference

predestination no longer means predestination
election no longer means election
sin no longer means sin
etc

Very well expressed. Everything to them from anyone has to be qualified lest their dogma suffer for lack of supposed truth.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Taking one of these at a time, I ask:

How can a person held in bondage to Satan due to original sin, serve anything else but sin and death? How can you call such bondage, "freedom of will?"

The will of unbelievers is enslaved to sin, death, and the devil.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Taking one of these at a time, I ask:

How can a person held in bondage to Satan due to original sin, serve anything else but sin and death? How can you call such bondage, "freedom of will?"

The will of unbelievers is enslaved to sin, death, and the devil.

let's try this

before Jesus
you could not be saved
but
you could be a good person
and
were saved once Jesus did His thing

does that make any sense to you?

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
Yes, they/you do. Reformed theology is an anti-Christ cult, made up of demon possessed perverts who reject the once for all sacrifice of Jesus.

Protestant theology is in it's very nature based in predestination, so even if you disagree with Calvinism you are still throwing that grenade pretty close to your own beliefs whether you realize it or not.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
let's try this

before Jesus
you could not be saved
but
and

Yes, I know what you are asking, but I believe all O.T. saints were saved by grace through the gift of faith from God, just like the N.T. saints.

Abraham is our father in the faith. He was saved just like us, and is part of the same church of Jesus Christ. See Matthew 8:11

Prior to God calling Abram to follow Him in faith, Abram was a sinner whose will was held in bondage and death. God, by His grace, revealed a new Covenant (of grace) to Abram, which freed Abraham to willfully believe God's word of promise, even prior to seeing outcome of the promise in his lifetime (the birth of the Savior!).

Faith in God's Truth, sets us free in heart, mind, and will. John 8:31-32

Cross Reference

let's try this

before Jesus
you could not be saved
but
and

The mental bloc for them is the lapsarian doctrine which speaks of God decreeing everything __ everything including Adam's fall simply for redemption by Jesus Christ. There are 3 levels to this 'society', one more radical than the other, all built upon a crooked foundation.

<I believe Nang just explained the one she espouses>

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A great part of the problem, is that too much misrepresentation of theological views is asserted.

You mean like claiming you don't believe, but God made you believe? And others he blinds for his good will, not because he knows they will do evil.

Yes. In fact, until one is born again from above, they cannot comprehend ("see") the kingdom (John 3:3) or respond to the gospel. (I Corinthians 2:11-14)

Nang

God never rejected the reprobate according to His foreknowledge of their actions. God rejects reprobates according to His will. God formed all men, either for dishonor or honor, according to His willful purposes and good pleasure. To reject this truth is disbelief and a rejection of Sovereign God Himself.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The mental bloc for them is the lapsarian doctrine which speaks of God decreeing everything __ everything including Adam's fall simply for redemption by Jesus Christ. There are 3 levels to this 'society', one more radical than the other, all built upon a crooked foundation.

Who has the ability to decree anything into existence, but God Almighty?

And what has occurred in creation, that has not come from the Sovereign hand of God?

Why do you diminish the wonder and sacrifice of God's Son that worked the redemption of undeserving sinners?

I think you are the one with a mental block . . .