red77's witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Why?! Maybe now red can see that bearing false witness should be repented of and forgiven for. Lead by example Christian :)
It's hard work being wrong. It doesn't "feel good" to repent.

red77

Nineveh said:
I haven't expected anything more or less of stipe than I've expected ftrom you, hypocrite.

Here is how it works:

Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.

Both you and stipe have been rebuked for bearing false witness. Christ's words go on from there even though both you and stipe refuse to repent. Whether you accept stipe's apology (should he give one) or not is up to you. You often ignore the God you claim to serve.

Well since you've posted this Stipe has apologised and I've quite happily accepted it so thats all good.
As I've asked in an earlier post on this page please tell me exactly what it is that you contend that I'm in error over because i genuinely am at a loss on just what it is you want an apology for....like I said earlier if I am in error I'm not above admitting it and apologising myself - in fact it would be easier if you just read my earlier post in this regard really

I already asked you, what more do you want? You have rebuked stipe for bearing a false witness, what is he supposed to do other than repent? It seems, unfortunately, he is following your lead instead of Christ's.

I didnt want anything other than an acceptance that what Christians do can be no less immoral than anyone else at times, its in the past now and thats where I would prefer to keep it because struggling with the consequences -even indirectly - with rape doesnt just disappear overnight, and again - if I am in error then you will receive an apology although I need to know exactly what I'm supposed to be apologising for first

Like I said before. It's not a matter of interpretation that you see nothing wrong with the murder of innocent children, for example. The God you claim to serve says, thou shalt not murder. This isn't a matter of interpretation, it's a matter of your hard self-righteous heart standing against God's command.

Like I've said this is a contentious issue and one that I will have to give a bit more thought to myself, much of this for me depends on whether the moment of conception can truly be regarded as a human life as currently I have no objections to a rape victim immediately aborting, but I still need to think this through

You keep failing to realize what the Law says it says to those under the Law. The Law is a tutor that brings us to Christ. When you try to shield the unsaved from the harsh reality of the Law, you are taking away their instructor that will bring them to repentance. Really, red, it's not about what you believe, it's about what God commands.

I'm sorry but the killing of homosexuals and adulterers is not part of the 'law', its precisely the clamouring for the killing of these people thats what is driving people further away from faith - not closer towards it, if you objectively scanned the forum for those who are 'pagans' then you would see that, I can honestly say that I've never been on a christian site where there is so much open hate, which is saddening.....what I believe is that God wants us to love our neighbour as ourselves - that we should be loving/merciful and compassionate towards others, its pretty clear to me and its also what God commands

Nineveh

Merely Christian
red77 said:
As I've asked in an earlier post on this page please tell me exactly what it is that you contend...
This has been going for two weeks now. The only thing that has changed are your excuses why your "conscience is clear".

red77

Nineveh said:
This has been going for two weeks now. The only thing that has changed are your excuses why your "conscience is clear".

Because it IS as far as I see it, i'm asking you straight out to tell me what exactly it is that you contend I owe you an apology for, I was under the impression it was because of my stance - or where you presumed i stood on death for murder where you claimed that I said you bore false witness against me. I've since explained that I do agree that murderers deserve death, since then it has revolved around whether supporting the death penalty under our present legal systems is right because of the innocent loss of life that would accompany inevitable miscarriages of justice, you seem to believe its acceptable, I dont.....but thats a separate issue and already being debated on another thread, now, all I'm asking is for a specific thing that you say I need to repent of, if i'm in error then you'll receive an apology, I cant say any fairer than that.....

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh, did you already link to the post where you think red bore false witness against you?

PKevman

red77 said:
I can honestly say that I've never been on a christian site where there is so much open hate, which is saddening.....

I have never been on a Christian site where people are given the full freedom to speak the truth. Most of the time everyone is afraid of "judging" and being politically correct, rather than speaking forth the truth. To tell someone that they are in error is not hateful at all, it is the most loving thing that we can do for them. Often the WAY we say it might distract from our message, but that is why I always encourage people to speak the truth but speak it in love. Anytime you speak the truth and someone is in sin hears it, they will be angry because of conviction. I personally have not observed "open hate" on this site to the level that you obviously think it exists. You make it out as if believing what God's Word says is open hate, when in fact it is not.

The other question I have is, if this site is so miserable for you, then why do you keep coming back and posting like crazy? I don't get that. You always whine and complain about the site and the people on it, but yet you keep coming back even after you were banned. For me, if I were on a site and I got banned for speaking what I felt was the truth, I don't honestly think I would continue to post there.

Anyways, I hope you will listen to what Nin is trying to say to you, but I would guess you probably won't. You have distorted her original words to you, however, so I doubt this will go anywhere.

God bless.

red77

PastorKevin said:
I have never been on a Christian site where people are given the full freedom to speak the truth. Most of the time everyone is afraid of "judging" and being politically correct, rather than speaking forth the truth. To tell someone that they are in error is not hateful at all, it is the most loving thing that we can do for them. Often the WAY we say it might distract from our message, but that is why I always encourage people to speak the truth but speak it in love. Anytime you speak the truth and someone is in sin hears it, they will be angry because of conviction. I personally have not observed "open hate" on this site to the level that you obviously think it exists. You make it out as if believing what God's Word says is open hate, when in fact it is not.

The other question I have is, if this site is so miserable for you, then why do you keep coming back and posting like crazy? I don't get that. You always whine and complain about the site and the people on it, but yet you keep coming back even after you were banned. For me, if I were on a site and I got banned for speaking what I felt was the truth, I don't honestly think I would continue to post there.

Anyways, I hope you will listen to what Nin is trying to say to you, but I would guess you probably won't. You have distorted her original words to you, however, so I doubt this will go anywhere.

God bless.

Wow, pastor Kevin, long time no see!
i hope you're doing well :)

Firstly - I have not tried to distort anyone's words and have been open and honest about things on this thread regardless of what anyone may think, if it turns out that I am in error and owe an apology then one shall be made....can you explain how i've 'distorted' Nin's words? With due respect this has been going on for quite a while now and I wonder just how much of this long going debate you've actually been privvy to?

The reason I post here is for a few reasons, there are many people here who have valuable insights and are a joy to debate with as well as to read their posts, I never said this site was miserable, and I dont exactly always 'whine and complain' about people here, I'll just call things as I see it and argue against those who believe that prejudice and hate is somehow reflecting the word of truth, its blatantly obvious to those who can see through much of the propaganda thats aired in the politics section for example - especially in regards to homosexuality where its peoples disgust that often comes to the forefront and not God's word or 'truth' at all

Anyway, to tell someone they are in error is certainly not hateful and i have no problem with it if I am - so far I'm yet to be convinced that I am which is also fair as it would be pointless to make an apology without knowing exactly what it was for......

Good to see ya!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
Those are entire threads. It'd be nice if she could narrow it down a little. :chuckle:

Please don't make me look through those threads again :( What it boils down to is red continuing to charge that I misrepresent his/her views. My charge has been and continues to be red is often found siding with pagans, judging Christians and supporting those who advocate immorality.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
stipe said:
Humbling. Like being utterly defeated.

Wow. That is so sad :(

I remember when I finally came to the realization I was indeed a major sinner and there was nothing I could do to fix it. It was painful and scary. So I did the only thing I could do... fell on my face in repentance. Yeah, it was hard. After all I'd been fighting my conscience for 20 some years. I had a lot of hard heart, rebellion and excusses standing between me and the floor. The more we resist that we are in error, the harder it becomes to ask forgiveness for the wrongs we know we are guilty of.

But after that, after our hearts become soft and receptive to being humble, it becomes much easier to seek forgiveness for the wrongs we do to each other. After all, repenting to a brother we have wronged is rather a minor feat in comparison to repenting to the Creator God who says we all deserve death and knows our every misdeed.

Then forgiveness comes like a river of never ending peace. red has forgiven you stipe. :) Forgiveness is worth more than gold. From here you have the option to hone your witness to accurate judgments :) There are many brothers here at TOL who are more than willing to help when you need it :)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
red77 said:
Because it IS as far as I see it, i'm asking you straight out to tell me what exactly it is that you contend I owe you an apology for...

You have repeatedly accused me of bearing false witness.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Forgiveness. From your apology it appears you knew what you had done wrong. So don't do that any more :) Judge rightly.
No. I accepted his forgiveness. I meant what still remains in me if I feel bad when realising the truth upon accepting forgiveness?

I just thought it would have been a standard response to realising ones errors and admitting them to feel a little sick about the waste and stupidity.

Or is there something more?

Aletheia

kmoney said:
Nineveh, did you already link to the post where you think red bore false witness against you?
He is bearing false witness against her, by claiming she is bearing it against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.