red77's witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
red77 said:
*coughgrowupcough*

Another handy example of your hypocrisy. Wasn't it Lighthouse's apology you accused of being "insincere" even before he gave one? Yet here we are on page 11 and you still can't bring yourself to offer an apology for claiming I have born a false witness against you.

"...for whatever false bearing of witness I'm deemed to have bore against you you have my apologies"

Do you think if Lighhouse had said, "...for whatever name you think I unjustly called you...." to kim, or if stipe had offered you, "...for whatever false witness you think I made against you...." it would have been sincere? No. So why do you expect me to accept this sort of non apology? Have you no shame?

red77

Nineveh said:
Another handy example of your hypocrisy. Wasn't it Lighthouse's apology you accused of being "insincere" even before he gave one? Yet here we are on page 11 and you still can't bring yourself to offer an apology for claiming I have born a false witness against you.

"...for whatever false bearing of witness I'm deemed to have bore against you you have my apologies"

Do you think if Lighhouse had said, "...for whatever name you think I unjustly called you...." to kim, or if stipe had offered you, "...for whatever false witness you think I made against you...." it would have been sincere? No. So why do you expect me to accept this sort of non apology? Have you no shame?

Firstly I shouldnt have cast doubt on the sincerity of an apology that LH would make, I was angered by his comments to Kim as they were uncalled for but it was wrong of me to have said what I did, so I apologise to Lighthouse for that

I would be willing to apologise to you if you tell me exactly what I am supposed to be apologising for, this whole thing started around murder being a capital crime and your seeming presumption that I did not think it was, and i've since explained that I believe it is, so right now I am at a loss as to what you contend I owe you an apology for, please just give a clear and concise explanation and if I'm in error then I will give you a sincere and public apology, right now this is as much that I can offer

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
Firstly I shouldnt have cast doubt on the sincerity of an apology that LH would make, I was angered by his comments to Kim as they were uncalled for but it was wrong of me to have said what I did, so I apologise to Lighthouse for that
:noway:

I would be willing to apologise to you if you tell me exactly what I am supposed to be apologising for, this whole thing started around murder being a capital crime and your seeming presumption that I did not think it was, and i've since explained that I believe it is, so right now I am at a loss as to what you contend I owe you an apology for, please just give a clear and concise explanation and if I'm in error then I will give you a sincere and public apology, right now this is as much that I can offer
It's been pointed out. You are dishonest.

red77

Lighthouse said:
:noway:

It's been pointed out. You are dishonest.

I'm not being dishonest on this thread at all, and I'm no longer interested in going around in circles on this any longer - lifes too short....Nin - if you can point me as to exactly what it is that you contend I owe you an apology for - then if I'm in the wrong you'll receive one, otherwise I wont bother responding to any more posts

Nineveh

Merely Christian
red77 said:
I would be willing to apologise to you if you tell me exactly what I am supposed to be apologising for...

Like it has changed in the last few weeks.

, this whole thing started around murder being a capital crime

Here is another lie. I accused you (and still do) of not agreeing with God that murderers should to be put to death. You pay lip service that murderers should, yet you are still fighting against the death penalty on the thread linked in the OP.

and your seeming presumption that I did not think it was, and i've since explained that I believe it is, so right now I am at a loss as to what you contend I owe you an apology
for, please just give a clear and concise explanation and if I'm in error then I will give you a sincere and public apology, right now this is as much that I can offer

Again, you make a post (#141) and exonerate me:

"i have since informed you that you have misrepresented my views by inferring that I support people who advocate immorality - which obviously means that I advocate whatever form of immorality those people support, that is a no brainer...have not."

I didn't infer you support folks who promote immorality, that's exactly what I claim against you. My witness is not false, the links have been on this thread for all to see for almost 2 weeks now. So when you make a claim of ignorance as to what your apology is supposed to be for, all it takes is a quick look through your posts to expose yet one more lie, you actually do know. I have not lied about your beliefs or your actions here at TOL. If you think supporting those who support immorality sounds bad, QUIT. But stop accusing me of bearing a false witness against you, that is itself a false witness.

At this point, this is nothing more than a silly game to you. You've been rebuked, you refuse to repent, therefore you will not receive forgiveness for bearing false witness.

red77

Nineveh said:
Like it has changed in the last few weeks.

Here is another lie. I accused you (and still do) of not agreeing with God that murderers should to be put to death. You pay lip service that murderers should, yet you are still fighting against the death penalty on the thread linked in the OP.

Then you may accuse all you want, you presumed I didnt agree that murder deserves death, you were called on it and were wrong its been amply demonstrated to you that not supporting the death penalty under our current judicial system is nothing to do with wanting murderers to escape justice - but to avoid innocent people being executed as as would have happened many many times already
The links on the 'intestinal clothesline' thread are ample enough and your misguided and quite frankly naive protestations otherwise dont counter the facts, I will NOT support a system where INNOCENT people would have and would continue to be falsely executed,
I notice that you have had no answer to the links I provided for you which did not all come from the same website if you have bothered to read them,
I could just as easily accuse you of being willing to shed innocent blood as an 'accidental' consequence - something which God abhors if I'm not mistaken.....
Your continual ignorance on this matter is not my problem, I believe murder itself is worthy of death and as such have nothing to apologise to you for if this is the charge

Again, you make a post (#141) and exonerate me:

"i have since informed you that you have misrepresented my views by inferring that I support people who advocate immorality - which obviously means that I advocate whatever form of immorality those people support, that is a no brainer...have not."

I didn't infer you support folks who promote immorality, that's exactly what I claim against you. My witness is not false, the links have been on this thread for all to see for almost 2 weeks now. So when you make a claim of ignorance as to what your apology is supposed to be for, all it takes is a quick look through your posts to expose yet one more lie, you actually do know. I have not lied about your beliefs or your actions here at TOL. If you think supporting those who support immorality sounds bad, QUIT. But stop accusing me of bearing a false witness against you, that is itself a false witness.

At this point, this is nothing more than a silly game to you. You've been rebuked, you refuse to repent, therefore you will not receive forgiveness for bearing false witness.

I really do not care whether you think I promote or support immorality or not, you are not my judge and neither is anyone else on this forum who would agree with you, if standing against wanting to kill homosexuals and adulterers is immoral then hey, I'm as "immoral" as they come, if wanting to see those who are in dangerous and destructive lifestyles at least being safer then they are presently then again, I'm as "immoral" as it gets...all of which is irrelevant to what you contend I owed you an apology for anyway - one which in the light of this i do not feel I owe you anyway and cannot in all conscience make, it would be a hollow and pointless one to say, I can only say i'm sorry that you're so aggrieved and that this certainly isnt a "game" to me

Nineveh

Merely Christian
red77 said:
Then you may accuse all you want, you presumed I didnt agree that murder deserves death, you were called on it and were wrong its been amply demonstrated to you that not supporting the death penalty under our current judicial system is nothing to do with wanting murderers to escape justice - but to avoid innocent people being executed as as would have happened many many times already
The links on the 'intestinal clothesline' thread are ample enough and your misguided and quite frankly naive protestations otherwise dont counter the facts, I will NOT support a system where INNOCENT people would have and would continue to be falsely executed,
I notice that you have had no answer to the links I provided for you which did not all come from the same website if you have bothered to read them,
I could just as easily accuse you of being willing to shed innocent blood as an 'accidental' consequence - something which God abhors if I'm not mistaken.....
Your continual ignorance on this matter is not my problem, I believe murder itself is worthy of death and as such have nothing to apologise to you for if this is the charge

I really do not care whether you think I promote or support immorality or not, you are not my judge and neither is anyone else on this forum who would agree with you, if standing against wanting to kill homosexuals and adulterers is immoral then hey, I'm as "immoral" as they come, if wanting to see those who are in dangerous and destructive lifestyles at least being safer then they are presently then again, I'm as "immoral" as it gets...all of which is irrelevant to what you contend I owed you an apology for anyway - one which in the light of this i do not feel I owe you anyway and cannot in all conscience make, it would be a hollow and pointless one to say, I can only say i'm sorry that you're so aggrieved and that this certainly isnt a "game" to me

"At this point, this is nothing more than a silly game to you. You've been rebuked, you refuse to repent, therefore you will not receive forgiveness for bearing false witness."

One Eyed Jack

red77 said:
But at least they'd be ones who would be answerable for any abuse and violence they dished out to the women - unlike now where many of them arent

Pimps are currently answerable for any abuse and violence they dish out towards women -- if they're caught. This is the way it works in any system, including the one you advocate. Your argument here is nothing more than a poorly-constructed appeal to consequences, which is a common logical fallacy.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
One Eyed Jack said:
Pimps are currently answerable for any abuse and violence they dish out towards women -- if they're caught. This is the way it works in any system, including the one you advocate. Your argument here is nothing more than a poorly-constructed appeal to consequences, which is a common logical fallacy.
Excellent point.

red77

:kiss:
One Eyed Jack said:

It's the 'if they're caught' bit thats the problem currently, many of the crimes committed by violent pimps dont see the light of day where women have no legal protection, to think otherwise is naive

One Eyed Jack

red77 said:
It's the 'if they're caught' bit thats the problem currently,

That'll always be a problem. Legalizing prostitution isn't going to stop abusive men from mistreating women, nor will it convince them to turn themselves in after they've done such a thing.

many of the crimes committed by violent pimps dont see the light of day where women have no legal protection,

Women already have legal protection against men who would abuse them, but you're not interested in that. You just want legalized prostitution.

PKevman

red77 said:
i've never condoned sexual immorality since joining this forum, I dont advocate adultery or any form of promiscual sexual behaviour, have you ever seen me do so? If so please give the link....

How about condoning the legalization of prostitution?

red77

PastorKevin said:
How about condoning the legalization of prostitution?

There's a thread you already noticed regarding that very subject, and its not about 'condoning immorality' as is clear from the debate

PKevman

red77 said:
i've never condoned sexual immorality since joining this forum, I dont advocate adultery or any form of promiscual sexual behaviour, have you ever seen me do so? If so please give the link....

This is what YOU said, but you started a thread in which you are defending the legalization of prostitution. Here are some clues for you:
Prostitution is adultery, prostitution is sexual immorality, prostitution is promiscual sexual behavior. You said you have NEVER condoned sexual immorality, but you in fact HAVE. You are a liar and the truth is not in you.

red77

PastorKevin said:
This is what YOU said, but you started a thread in which you are defending the legalization of prostitution. Here are some clues for you:
Prostitution is adultery, prostitution is sexual immorality, prostitution is promiscual sexual behavior. You said you have NEVER condoned sexual immorality, but you in fact HAVE. You are a liar and the truth is not in you.

Actually pastor i opened the thread to DEBATE whether prostitution should be legalised - and for the reasons i outlined in the thread itself - for the safety of those who are exploited and accountability for the exploiters, if you are incapable of distinguishing between supporting immorality and supporting a process which may help those caught in a dangerous lifestyle then its not my problem, your cheap 'liar' comment is about as much as I'd expect....

Status
Not open for further replies.