Recreation Marijuana within a Christian Worldview

Tattooed Theist

And if you can utilize this for God's glory then more power to you.

Did I mention/claim that?

I don't put a "cap" on the workings of God. I "preach" caution. People who do not know God have a penchant for judging Him by the way His children act. Would you not agree?

I agree entirely, my friend.
:cheers:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Because ruining lives is something to joke about.

Says the person who justifies alcohol because *responsible drinking*.

I have a newsflash for you, brofessor- there's really no such thing as 'responsible drinking'. Getting drunk is not responsible, it doesn't matter if it's your birthday or Jesus' birthday, in your house or at a wedding. It's just a way for society to rationalize intoxication- the state makes money off of morons.

And while you justify alcohol, people's lives are ruined or taken away everyday by it.

So put a sock in it, seriously :wave:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
JCR1q7k.gif

Weed doesn't hinder your coordination or problem solving skills. Every single smoker on this planet will tell you the same exact thing- it's the one's who don't know anything about it, like aCW, who spread nonsense.

drbrumley

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Thank you for pointing out that those people [who drive while under the influence of marijuana] (and I used the word "people" loosely...) have absolutely no respect for the law

1 Peter 2:13-15

Why did you leave out 1 Peter 2:11-12? It plainly tells you the audience Peter addresses and the context.

drbrumley

Based on your above sentence, one can only assume that you believe that there can be justification for driving while high on dope.

Make your case.

Make my case about what? I don't think there is justification to driving under the influence....but there are laws already on the books to handle these matters. If Cruc is high, gets in a wreck and kills someone, he would be charged with manslaughter or murder. They know the consequences of drinking while driving, or being stoned while driving. Let the law do it's job. But not you...Let's go farther, let's outlaw all drugs (except liquer) that's ok. It's fine you want to outlaw drugs, but include alcohol. If your not willing to do that, your a hypocrite. Such the hypocrite.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why did you leave out 1 Peter 2:11-12? It plainly tells you the audience Peter addresses and the context.

Since his "audience" is no longer alive, perhaps Peter's message, like all of the Bible, is a universal message to all?

There are numerous verses and passages throughout Holy Scripture that define the role of civil government.

Since we're on the topic, what is the role of civil government as seen through the Eyes of God?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Make my case about what? I don't think there is justification to driving under the influence....

Let's review the definition of "probably" as in

While I do think driving while stoned is probably the wrong thing to do,...

almost certainly; in all likelihood; very likely:

as opposed to "definitely"

clearly, absolutely, certainly.

So based on your statement there is possible justification for driving while under the influence of marijuana.

Make your case for when it would be justified.

drbrumley

Let's review the definition of "probably" as in

almost certainly; in all likelihood; very likely:

as opposed to "definitely"

clearly, absolutely, certainly.

So based on your statement there is possible justification for driving while under the influence of marijuana.

Make your case for when it would be justified.

I gave you my answer, if you don't like it, you can sit and spin.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I gave you my answer, if you don't like it, you can sit and spin.

I will allow you to change your original statement to "There is never justification for driving under the influence of intoxicants, marijuana included."

You can copy and paste the above, and there is no need to give me credit, as it's already been established that you don't give a hoot about plagiarism.

drbrumley

I will allow you to change your original statement to "There is never justification for driving under the influence of intoxicants, marijuana included."

You can copy and paste the above, and there is no need to give me credit, as it's already been established that you don't give a hoot about plagiarism.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Waaaaaaaaaaaa

About that one on one debate over the oxymoronic term "Christian Libertarian".

It will have to wait, as I have to go to another forum to tell a group of undecided voters the truth about the CHILD RAPE ACCUSATIONS against Donald Trump.

Have I mentioned that people for the most part hate child molesters?

drbrumley

That's fine...just make sure your truthful with em...you do have a tendency to exaggerate alot.

But I have a question. Is submitting, being a subject of, or even obeying the government an absolute in your book?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's fine...just make sure your truthful with em...you do have a tendency to exaggerate alot.

Not to worry, if I quote anyone, I'll be sure to give the person credit for their words.

But I have a question. Is submitting, being a subject of, or even obeying the government an absolute in your book?

That's a great question! Let me answer it by giving a real life scenario:

Let's say that your Presidential candidate Donald Trump is elected and as Commander in Chief orders the military to murder innocent Muslim women and children:

Donald Trump Says Military "Won't Refuse" His Orders to Commit War Crimes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...0191d1fc4ec_story.html?utm_term=.e05e3ef6b55e

That being said: Hopefully I haven't taken Acts 5:29 out of context, please correct me if I have ole biblical scholar.