Recreation Marijuana within a Christian Worldview

Tattooed Theist

I'm from Denver, Colorado - in which weed has been decriminalized for many years resulting in the now recreational approval of use.

I'm no longer a resident of the state, begrudgingly, but I'm curious as to you bright beautiful people's opinions on recreational use as a Christian.

I suppose my view is this;

- Marijuana has many proven health benefits for those who with to remove themselves from the pharmaceutical companies grips.

- I would compare it to Alcohol in terms of it's harmfulness, which per year kills and injures an astonishing amount of people, both those drinking and those who are killed or harmed by a drinker.

- Moderation is key, I myself drink, but I limit myself to 1 - 2 drinks per day - if at all, and I do not ever drink to intoxication.

- I don't find anything in scripture that would make one completely reject marijuana (especially if they already accept alcohol as morally okay.)

- If use becomes something that inhibits a Christian from obeying God's will, hurts their effect on others, or causes another brother/sister to stumble, then it would become a problem.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
It looks like you're looking for someone to help give you an excuse to get hiiiiigh again my friend. Not a wise move for someone who is a recovering heroin addict.

Do you own research on the Bible and pharmaceuticals and let us know what you find.

commonsense

- I would compare it to Alcohol in terms of it's harmfulness, which per year kills and injures an astonishing amount of people, both those drinking and those who are killed or harmed by a drinker.
TT, gotta disagree with you on this point...alcohol is a far more destructive, dangerous, and deadly substance than marijuana. From a health viewpoint, or violence, or accidents, marijuana is actually quite benign when compared to the social and health problems caused by alcohol.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
TT, gotta disagree with you on this point...alcohol is a far more destructive, dangerous, and deadly substance than marijuana. From a health viewpoint, or violence, or accidents, marijuana is actually quite benign when compared to the social and health problems caused by alcohol.

This post has been brought to you by the Association of Marijuana Growers of America (propagandists ruining lives).

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Amount of people in rehab for marijuana: 0
Because it's so destructive and all :chuckle:

It's a recreational drug with no severe consequences in relevance to alcohol.
The reason it is seen as nonetheless taboo: because it is not alcohol.

That is basically the rationale of people :rolleyes:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Because it's so destructive and all :chuckle:

You're a former dope smoker as I recall (he quit because it was so harmless). Did I mention that marijuana use effects people's thought process? Do an internet search of "marijuana rehab centers", there's a couple of them out there.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You're a former dope smoker as I recall (he quit because it was so harmless). Did I mention that marijuana use effects people's thought process? Do an internet search of "marijuana rehab centers", there's a couple of them out there.

I quit smoking weed because I just lost interest in it. In fact, the only problem I've ever gone through with substances is alcohol. Marijuana was never a vice for me, and really isn't for most people either- which cannot be said of alcohol.

Also,
I know exactly what marijuana does, and am not interested in someone who's never habitually smoked it tell me otherwise. The myths you all are dedicated to perpetuating is rooted directly into those Puritan weirdos who found banning alcohol to be more important than avoiding a full on, wide scale depression.
So why should one be surprised at all that yall are now focusing on marijuana while people die everyday due to alcohol and cigarettes :rolleyes:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I quit smoking weed because I just lost interest in it. In fact, the only problem I've ever gone through with substances is alcohol. Marijuana was never a vice for me, and really isn't for most people either- which cannot be said of alcohol.

Also,
I know exactly what marijuana does, and am not interested in someone who's never habitually smoked it tell me otherwise. The myths you all are dedicated to perpetuated is rooted directly into those Puritan weirdos who found banning alcohol to be more important than avoiding an full on, wide scale depression.
So why should one be surprised at all that yall are now focusing on marijuana while people die everyday due to alcohol and cigarettes :rolleyes:

i was on percocet and vicodin and valium for a couple months this summer

the opiates dint do much for me, but that benzodiazepine was too much fun :)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
benzodiazepine was too much fun :)

I was prescribed Xanax while dealing with alcoholism. The doctor decided I had a major case of generalized anxiety and that part of my drinking was to self-medicate.

They don't give the big bars to people with substance issues, I got the baby one's in small increments :plain:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
yeah, they were pretty stingy with the valium, but i have lots of the opiates left over

never found they were much more effective than aspirin and tylenol :idunno:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Also,
I know exactly what marijuana does, and am not interested in someone who's never habitually smoked it tell me otherwise. The myths you all are dedicated to perpetuating is rooted directly into those Puritan weirdos who found banning alcohol to be more important than avoiding a full on, wide scale depression.

We've seen what it does: You're so far removed from reality that you don't think that anyone goes through rehab because of marijuana addiction.

Because it's so destructive and all

TatooedTheist: These are the kind of people that you'll be hanging out with if you take up dope smoking. They don't care about themselves, they sure as LL don't care about you.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You're so far removed from reality that you don't think that anyone goes through rehab because of marijuana addiction.

:rotfl:

They don't, you moron.

In fact, if you go to a rehab center they don't even talk about marijuana. You see, people with actual knowledge and first hand experience with addicts know more than you do on the subject. Big surprise :wave:

If you went inside one of those places and talked about marijuana, they would seriously think you were retarded. I'd love to see it too :chuckle:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The most dangerous thing about marijuana is getting caught with it.

I find it to be bit of a bad joke that a person goes to jail for marijuana while the neighbor down the street is perfectly fine getting drunk off his gourd.
That's ultimately what these so called holy folk are fine with, having smoked the Burning Bush rather than actually gain any wisdom :rotfl:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

You're so far removed from reality that you don't think that anyone goes through rehab because of marijuana addiction.

:rotfl:

They don't, you moron.

Another sign of a dope user: laughing incessantly at things that aren't remotely funny.

In fact, if you go to a rehab center they don't even talk about marijuana.

So people that go into rehab centers for various unwanted desires and behaviors don't specifically talk about what type of addiction they're attempting to overcome?

You see, people with actual knowledge and first hand experience with addicts know more than you do on the subject. Big surprise :wave:

You've had a hard life: being mentored by a homosexual, hanging out in 'gay' bars with him; undoubtedly you've seen your fair share of rehab centers.

It's really quite sad that you don't put those past experiences to good use so that others won't have to suffer as you did.

But then maybe that's what you want others to do?

Tattooed Theist

It looks like you're looking for someone to help give you an excuse to get hiiiiigh again my friend. Not a wise move for someone who is a recovering heroin addict.

Do you own research on the Bible and pharmaceuticals and let us know what you find.

A poor assumption, due to the fact that I will not smoke weed again.
I don't an excuse, for I am fully capable of deciding for myself.
I desire opinions on a relevant topic, plain and simple.