Reconciliation Cancels Out the Doctrine of Predestination

iouae

I will explain it to you.

People are saved the same way today as they were in the Old Testament. They were saved by faith.

They knew that they were sinners and they believed that God would provide them with a savior. They had faith in God's promises. Many people that have never heard about God or Christ have repentant hearts. These are the ones that come to Christ when they hear the Gospel. The Holy Spirit is in the world convicting all people of sin and their need for a savior. Nothing has changed, the just still live by faith.

I was with you up till the last sentence, which I would love you to "unpack" (I hate this modern word :) )

Will the just also live by [the muslim, the Buddhist, the Hindu, the Evolutionists....etc] faith. In other words, so long as they are just and have faith are they reconciled to God?

Robert Pate

Banned
I was with you up till the last sentence, which I would love you to "unpack" (I hate this modern word :) )

Will the just also live by [the muslim, the Buddhist, the Hindu, the Evolutionists....etc] faith. In other words, so long as they are just and have faith are they reconciled to God?

Of course not.

Saving faith is always faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
My Hope lies in the Gospel I teach and defend in my threads and posts, have you read them ?

You don't have the Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You have a false Gospel or another Gospel, that has nothing to do with the work of Christ.

beloved57

You don't have the Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You have a false Gospel or another Gospel, that has nothing to do with the work of Christ.

You don't believe or understand those verses of scripture! You deny the saving death of Christ!

Robert Pate

Banned
Thats why they dont believe, because they are condemned and Lost ! Lost folk cant believe, the Gospel is hid to them 2 Cor 4:3-4

HOGWASH!

It does not say that. You are full of lies and deceit.

It says that if you do not believe in him you are condemned.

In John 3:16 it says "WHOSOEVER" meaning ALL. ANYONE, EVERYONE, that believes on him should not perish.

Robert Pate

Banned
Then how can you continue to say that God's wrath was satisfied for every person who ever lived?

You have misunderstood what I said.

Salvation has been provided for everyone by the doing and the dying of Jesus.

Now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

If you don't call on Christ to save you, you will perish, John 3:18.

NickCharles

You have misunderstood what I said.

Salvation has been provided for everyone by the doing and the dying of Jesus.

Now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

If you don't call on Christ to save you, you will perish, John 3:18.

So God's wrath HASN'T been satisfied for every person whoever lived.

Got it.

beloved57

HOGWASH!

It does not say that. You are full of lies and deceit.

It says that if you do not believe in him you are condemned.

In John 3:16 it says "WHOSOEVER" meaning ALL. ANYONE, EVERYONE, that believes on him should not perish.

Those Christ lived and died for are never condemned, even while they are enemies and unbelievers they're reconciled to God Rom 5:10 !