Reconciliation Cancels Out the Doctrine of Predestination

Robert Pate

Banned
There is not one scripture in the whole bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell. If everything and everybody has been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ then who needs to be predestinated?

Look at the scriptures that teach God has reconciled us, all things, enemies of the cross, the whole world, unto himself by Jesus Christ. Which is the Gospel.

" And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

"To wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

"And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him (Jesus) to reconcile all things unto himself" Colossians 1:20.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.

"And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" Ephesians 2:16.

These scriptures say that... us, the world, all things, enemies of the cross, all have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Are you able to comprehend that? No one needs to be predestinated.

This can only mean one thing and that is that salvation is by grace through faith, plus nothing.

The only thing that God asks of us is that we believe and have faith in his Son Jesus Christ. When we do that, then we have received God's offer to be reconciled unto him. Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

NickCharles

“For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.”
**Romans‬ *8:29-30‬ *KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/rom.8.29-30.kjv

NickCharles

“But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:”
**2 Thessalonians‬ *2:13‬ *KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/2th.2.13.kjv

beloved57

Pate

Reconciliation Cancels Out the Doctrine of Predestination

False invalid statement, for those Reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10 are the Ones He Predestinated to be conformed to the Image of His Son Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Robert Pate

Banned
“For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.”
**Romans‬ *8:29-30‬ *KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/rom.8.29-30.kjv

Predestinated to be conformed to the image of his Son.

Those that were predestinated to be conformed to the image of his Son were also called.

Those that were predestinated to be conformed to the image of his Son were also justified and glorified.

NOTHING ABOUT ANYONE BEING PREDESTINATED TO ETERNAL LIFE.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate

False invalid statement, for those Reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10 are the Ones He Predestinated to be conformed to the Image of His Son Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

NickCharles

Predestinated to be conformed to the image of his Son.

Those that were predestinated to be conformed to the image of his Son were also called.

Those that were predestinated to be conformed to the image of his Son were also justified and glorified.

Glorification is eternal life.

Robert Pate

Banned
You bozo's think that scripture cancels out scripture.

You also believe that there is something wrong with the Bible and that it needs to be re-written by John calvin.

Robert Pate

Banned
Right. And only those who are conformed are those He foreknew.

The word "Foreknew" or "Foreknow" is tricky because it has more than one meaning.

It can also mean bringing into a special relationship with. Such as... "Adam knew his wife Eve" Genesis 4:1.

"I know my sheep" John 10:14.

"I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

NickCharles

The word "Foreknew" or "Foreknow" is tricky because it has more than one meaning.

It can also mean bringing into a special relationship with. Such as... "Adam knew his wife Eve" Genesis 4:1.

"I know my sheep" John 10:14.

"I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

Exactly.

Cedarbay

What does that have to do with foreknew?
Nick:

Would you give some time to clarify how foreknowledge is distinguished from predestination and election?

Would you agree that God's divine counsel is eternal, AND that His counsel is timeless? I know it was helpful to me to understand that God and His counsel act with a temporal beginning and end.

So, when carrying out His decrees, He is living and active and moving, eternally, without change.

NickCharles

Nick:

Would you give some time to clarify how foreknowledge is distinguished from predestination and election?

Would you agree that God's divine counsel is eternal, AND that His counsel is timeless? I know it was helpful to me to understand that God and His counsel act with a temporal beginning and end.

So, when carrying out His decrees, He is living and active and moving, eternally, without change.

The passage talks about those He foreknew. Think Jeremiah 1:5

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." - Jeremiah 1:5

He foreknew Jeremiah. So in Romans 8, He predestines those He foreknows to be conformed to the image of Christ.

So election and foreknowledge run hand in hand. He elects those He foreknows, and those are predestined to be conformed.