Reconciliation Cancels Out the Doctrine of Predestination

Brother Ducky

NOTHING ABOUT ANYONE BEING PREDESTINATED TO ETERNAL LIFE.

So, are you holding to an interpretive method that says that if the words of predestinated to heaven or hell are not in the text, the text can not possibly mean that one is indeed predestined to one or the other?

If that is the case, why do you hold to the doctrine of the re-imputation of sins, when that doctrine is not mentioned once, and additionally there is not a single unambiguous verse that can be taken to mean anything of the sort?

Brother Ducky

This is what 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. is talking about.

"God has reconciled (made peace) with the whole world through Jesus Christ".

We become reconciled unto God by faith in his Son Jesus Christ.

If we become reconciled to God by faith in Christ, and if the whole world is reconciled to God, does it not follow that the whole world has faith in Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
The passage talks about those He foreknew. Think Jeremiah 1:5

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." - Jeremiah 1:5

He foreknew Jeremiah. So in Romans 8, He predestines those He foreknows to be conformed to the image of Christ.

So election and foreknowledge run hand in hand. He elects those He foreknows, and those are predestined to be conformed.

God foreknows every human being born on the face of the earth.

Does he know if they will accept his Son Jesus Christ?

He makes salvation available to all.

Robert Pate

Banned
If we become reconciled to God by faith in Christ, and if the whole world is reconciled to God, does it not follow that the whole world has faith in Jesus Christ?

God has reconciled the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ and in doing so has made salvation available to all.

NickCharles

God foreknows every human being born on the face of the earth.

Does he know if they will accept his Son Jesus Christ?

He makes salvation available to all.

Then you have a real issue with Romans 8:28-30. In fact, you should redact it from your bible. It specifically says, with no ambiguity, that God predestines those He foreknows to be conformed to the image of His Son.

Robert Pate

Banned
Then you have a real issue with Romans 8:28-30. In fact, you should redact it from your bible. It specifically says, with no ambiguity, that God predestines those He foreknows to be conformed to the image of His Son.

There is NOTHING in Romans 8:28-30 that says God has predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell.

Its about being predestinated to the image of God's Son.

You are desparate to believe John Calvin's lies.

Reconciliation cancels out predestination. No one needs to be predestinated if they have been reconciled to God.

NickCharles

There is NOTHING in Romans 8:28-30 that says God has predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell.

Its about being predestinated to the image of God's Son.

You are desparate to believe John Calvin's lies.

Reconciliation cancels out predestination. No one needs to be predestinated if they have been reconciled to God.

So then in your view, since everyone is foreknown, then everyone is predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ. And everyone who is predestined is also called. And they are then justified. And glorified.

Congrats. You are a universalist.

NickCharles

No, the Bible says that.

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil has been destroyed.

To bad that you can't believe that.

You said God reconciled the whole world. But you say we must reconcile with God. Those two are mutually exclusive. If God is reconciled to the whole world, there is nothing for us to do since we are already reconciled.

Robert Pate

Banned
You said God reconciled the whole world. But you say we must reconcile with God. Those two are mutually exclusive. If God is reconciled to the whole world, there is nothing for us to do since we are already reconciled.

God extends forgiveness of sins to the whole world.

But its not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

You can't get past that, can you?

You have never come to Christ as a repentant sinner, have you?

NickCharles

God extends forgiveness of sins to the whole world.

But its not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

You can't get past that, can you?

You have never come to Christ as a repentant sinner, have you?

See, that's not reconciliation. Reconciliation is restoration of a relationship. If God has reconciled, then that means the relationship HAS ALREADY been restored. So it makes no sense to say that we have to also reconcile. How can one reconcile a relationship that has already been reconciled?

Robert Pate

Banned
See, that's not reconciliation. Reconciliation is restoration of a relationship. If God has reconciled, then that means the relationship HAS ALREADY been restored. So it makes no sense to say that we have to also reconcile. How can one reconcile a relationship that has already been reconciled?

Your problem is not with me. Your problem is that you don't believe the Bible.

The opening post refutes Calvinism. You just can't accept that, so you question me and the Bible.

Your real problem is that you are not a Christians, you can't understand spiritual things, 1 Corinthians 2:14.

NickCharles

Your problem is not with me. Your problem is that you don't believe the Bible.

The opening post refutes Calvinism. You just can't accept that, so you question me and the Bible.

Your real problem is that you are not a Christians, you can't understand spiritual things, 1 Corinthians 2:14.

Your insults don't affect me. I'm a grown man. So keep up with them if you must, but just to let you know, it's a waste of bandwidth.

And you have not actually responded to my post. Which, I assume, is why you need to insult.