Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Rosenritter

You don't believe the scripture

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
No, I don't believe you, because your interpretation is contradicted by other passages which you have declined to answer. Please note that I am trying to tell you this gracefully without assigning ill motive.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't presume to know their fate - but their death does not affirm their reprobation necessarily. Mat. 11:20ff may give an insight.
Again, as I have noted tonight in several responses to you, one of us has actually interpreted texts, while the other merely points to them and thinks he has met some burden. Sigh.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...rgivable-Sin&p=4641413&viewfull=1#post4641413

You are correct. We are going in circles. I am doing the heavy-lifting while you cobble together a verse here and there and declare victory. I have met my burden and devoted far more time and effort in my responses to you than you have to me. You have enough before you to think about and if it be the will of the Lord, you will come to a greater understanding of these things. For now, I am going to back away from being diligent to respond to each and every thought that you put down in writing. I did so in order to demonstrate to you that there are answers to all your concerns and complaints, while also to disabuse you of the notion that no one is responding to you. You can no longer make that claim in honesty, so at least one of my goals has been met. Carry on, now, and perhaps we will cross paths at later dates.

AMR

Rosenritter

No you don't believe the scripture. You say that they contradict, not the scripture.

This might be hard for you to understand, but the meaning I described conflicts with neither. Your interpretation puts Proverbs at odds with Ezekiel, and then you choose to disbelieve Ezekiel.

However, even then, Ezekiel is the more detailed passage. Perhaps you should read the line from Proverbs in the light of the fully explanatory Ezekiel passage, rather than not believing Ezekiel and favoring your Calvinist reading of the Proverb.

There's nothing wrong with either book, the flaw lies in the Calvinist colored glasses you are reading it with. Thus the "contradiction."

beloved57

This might be hard for you to understand, but the meaning I described conflicts with neither. Your interpretation puts Proverbs at odds with Ezekiel, and then you choose to disbelieve Ezekiel.

However, even then, Ezekiel is the more detailed passage. Perhaps you should read the line from Proverbs in the light of the fully explanatory Ezekiel passage, rather than not believing Ezekiel and favoring your Calvinist reading of the Proverb.
Again you said there is a contradiction, not Ezekiel.

Rosenritter

God made the wicked for the day of destruction! Prov 16:4

And the wicked can turn to righteousness, saith the Lord, and he shall live and not die. Therefore no person is condemned to remain wicked. Ezekiel 33, previously quoted.

Fortunately, you are wrong and God is permitted to be merciful.

beloved57

And the wicked can turn to righteousness, saith the Lord, and he shall live and not die. Therefore no person is condemned to remain wicked. Ezekiel 33, previously quoted.

Fortunately, you are wrong and God is permitted to be merciful.
God made the wicked for the day of destruction Prov 16:4

Cross Reference

Indeed, the Bible is full of God bestowing His favor on some and not others. Paul reminds us that God "has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills". That's favoritism, plain and simple. And Paul's answer in Romans 9 to those that would complain is that God as sovereign Creator has a right to act as He pleases; we His creatures are not in a position to question Him about it. AMR

What you fail to understand by your doctrine is, God's sovreignty cannot violate His Holiness. Think about it when considering the choices He makes.

AMR

Cross Reference

Yeah it actually says it in plain words

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

do you redefine words such as world to fit your beliefs zz

Apparently, you do. In 5 days, God created the world and placed mankind in it. The World will be for all eternity the habitation of God. . . .and yet it will be destroyed. Can you reconcile that in the way you understand the word, "mankind"?

Let me help:

God is Wisdom. As with wisdom, God 'loves those who love Him'. (cf Prov. 8:17 KJV)

Cross Reference

Before God tested Abraham with Isaac, this occurred:

Genesis 12:1-3
The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.

“I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.

Sticky wicket here: Is this not by promise the same way God handled Adam followed by the test? What was God looking for in both men they could only provide . . . . and their motivation for providing it? Why was David chosen to bring forth Jesus? Why are God's promises, to this day, all conditional? Why will some He has chosen ultimately be rejected?

beloved57

So how is one determined wicked... and do they have to know about pre destination to be saved
God called them the wicked, that is how it's determind. And the Lord made them for destruction. Prov 16:4

Cross Reference

It doesn't say anything about all mankind!

And it doesn't give you the right to accuse God of making any of mankind hate Him. He needs no reason for that by Him simply because man himself has the capabilty of choosing whom he will love and whom he will hate. Get it now? Ergo, God loves those who love Him and hates those who hate Him. Move in that vein of truth and YOUR Bible will read differently to you!