Rapture Ready

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus doesn't mention a rapture in Mt24A because it is about 1st century Judea. It does mention a way for the church to leave, and when it should leave. Over in Thess which was also written about the 1st century and with the belief that the 2nd coming in judgement should happen right after the destruction of Jerusalem, it mentions this reuniting with Christ (in which 'rapture' can mean the subjective 'delight') because of this belief.

The two most important things you can sort out in doing historic NT theology are:
1, understand that Mt24A and parallels are about 1st century Judea
2, form conclusions about what the 1st generation of the church did/believed once the 2nd coming and worldwide judgement did not happen immediately after #1
:french:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Over in Thess which was also written about the 1st century and with the belief that the 2nd coming in judgement should happen right after the destruction of Jerusalem, it mentions this reuniting with Christ (in which 'rapture' can mean the subjective 'delight') because of this belief.

Over in Thess, 1Th 4:17 to be specific, the word/phrase 'caught up' does not mean 'a subjective delight'.

It is the word 'harpazo' in Greek and it means to seize, catch up,, pluck, pull, snatch, take
by force and is the same word used in Act 8:39 to describe the snatching up and transportation of Philip after his encounter with the Ethiopian eunuch.

It is the same word 'harpazo' which is used to twice describe the 'catching up' of Paul to the third heaven in 2Co 12:2-4.

It is also the same word 'harpazo' used in Rev 12:5 to describe Christ's ascension to the Father's throne in heaven.

Thus, in 1Th 4:17 the term 'caught up[harpazo]' is used to describe the seizing and snatching up of believers to meet the Lord Jesus in the air....just as it plainly says.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up[harpazo] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Act 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away[harpazo] Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up[harpazo] to the third heaven.

2Co 12:4 How that he was caught up[harpazo] into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up[harpazo] unto God, and to his throne.

Danoh

The video is right.

The tribulation is one thing and the great tribulation is another.

2Th 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
2Th 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
2Th 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

LA

You're still off.

Tribulations - plural - refers to everyday problems in all their shapes and forms.

Refers to ALL everyday tribulations.

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Ephesians 3:13 Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

2 Thessalonians 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

Duh-uh.

Jerry Shugart

The pre-trib rapture is an unbiblical lie made up by some unsaved lying apostates in the 19th century.

Let me ask you a question about the following passage from the 24th chapter of Matthew:

"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left" (Mt.24:38-41).​

This passage is speaking of what will happen when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth. Do you think that the people who are said to be "taken" are the ones who will be caught up to meet the Lord Jesus in the air?

Thanks!

Interplanner

Let me ask you a question about the following passage from the 24th chapter of Matthew:

"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left" (Mt.24:38-41).​

This passage is speaking of what will happen when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth. Do you think that the people who are said to be "taken" are the ones who will be caught up to meet the Lord Jesus in the air?

Thanks!

Taken in this context is a horrible thing. It's the ones left who are well. The flood of Noah took people. The flood of the zealots in the 1st century would cover the land of Judea and force people, sometimes in their ignorance and hesitancy, to go with them and fight Rome.

These things can't be read without knowing thoroughly what happened in the DofJ in the 1st century. They are not resolved in the future nor in D'ism nor in 2P2P.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Go to Hell, you lying murder loving false prophet.

what if you are wrong?

1Jn 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jn 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jn 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are right. The ones who will be "taken" are the unrighteous.

With this fact established it is impossible to reconcile the coming of the Lord Jesus of Matthew 24 with the rapture.

IMPOSSIBLE!

Impossible for a pre-tribber who can give no scripture for his imagined event.

The wicked who are killed at Christ's return are not taken anywhere, they are laying on the ground dead and then buried.

It would be amiss of the Lord to not mention the gathering of His Bride to Himself in the resurrection at His appearing without mentioning those mortal children of theirs to be gathered also.

Isa 49:18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.

Isa 49:21 Then shalt thou say in thine heart, Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? and who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where had they been?
Isa 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

LA

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
As far as I'm concerned, Rapture Theology is a poison- it has completely dismantled real Christianity in many parts of America- being called a heretic by them feels no different than being called such by a Jew.

I've seriously just had it with that fanaticism, they claim to be Paulists but don't even live up to half of what he wrote :rolleyes:

one question. as per Matthew 24:38.

is someone making sure a grinding mill is still in use today? could it be that He came already ? after all He did come back, shouldn't then the scripture be full filled?

musterion

As far as I'm concerned, Rapture Theology is a poison- it has completely dismantled real Christianity in many parts of America- being called a heretic by them feels no different than being called such by a Jew.

I've seriously just had it with that fanaticism, they claim to be Paulists but don't even live up to half of what he wrote :rolleyes:

You've seriously had it? Good.

Leave.

No, you won't do that, ever.

This is why you're one of the most pathetic and stupid lying attention prostitutes on TOL. That post proves it. You say something idiotic knowing you're on a forum owned, operated and frequented by people awaiting the calling home of the Body.

Don't like it? Leave.

Don't like it but don't want to leave? Or you're just lying? Then shut up and stay out of these threads. No one cares what you've had enough of.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame

You are a prime example, of one, who has isolated himself from both intelligent members of society, and, by definition, from members of the boc, since you are lost, with your boring, emotional crying's, and pining's, and wining's, and tantrums, and kicking up your heels....

As musty suggested-leave. You are beginning to bore us, big baby.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Calvinism is just another word for 'The Gospel'.

That is what Tulip is, Calvinism is, and the Reformed belief- when you come to know it, you will see the insanity in the doctrines you hold to, just as the Catholics in in the 16th Century_

Merry Christmas

Jerry Shugart

When do think that the saints will be "caught up" to meet the Lord Jesus in the air?:

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:16-17).​

Last edited:
just a side question. we still think GOD or gods live in the air? or clouds?

so God or Jesus is defined as having to physically take up saints to meet in the clouds?

a look into history and mythology will lead us to Icarus. who thought the same.