Rapture Ready

Danoh

Yes, and so near that it can happen at any time. In the following verse John speaks about what will happen at that appearance:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

John told these believers that they were expecting to see the Lord Jesus appear while they remained alive--"for we shall see him as he is."

They were expecting that at His appearance they would be made like Him--"we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him."

It will only be at the rapture when the living saints will be made like the Lord Jesus. And only those in the Body will be raptured.

That is the "hope" of which John speaks about here:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure" (1 Jn.3:2-3).​

That's the same blessed hope of which Paul speaks here:

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

The "glorious appearing of the Lord Jesus" in His glorious body and all those in the Body will put on a glorious body like His:

"The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed...And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away"
(1 Pet.5:1,4).​

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it cannot be denied that it is a duck.

You and your parroting of the often faulty "one size fits all" of men.

:chuckle:

Fact is that "beauty" being "in the eye of the" respective "beholder" what "looks like a duck" can just as often merely be what it ever obviously is in the eyes of one such as you - merely your own self-deception seeing "a duck" where there isn't one, at all.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, and so near that it can happen at any time. In the following verse John speaks about what will happen at that appearance:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

John told these believers that they were expecting to see the Lord Jesus appear while they remained alive--"for we shall see him as he is."

They were expecting that at His appearance they would be made like Him--"we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him."

It will only be at the rapture when the living saints will be made like the Lord Jesus. And only those in the Body will be raptured.

That is the "hope" of which John speaks about here:
"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure" (1 Jn.3:2-3).​

That's the same blessed hope of which Paul speaks here:
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

The "glorious appearing of the Lord Jesus" in His glorious body and all those in the Body will put on a glorious body like His:

"The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed...And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away"
(1 Pet.5:1,4).​

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it cannot be denied that it is a duck.
Your duck is a QUACK.

You can misunderstand those verses a million times if you like, it won't chance a thing.

Jerry Shugart

Fact is that "beauty" being "in the eye of the" respective "beholder" what "looks like a duck" can just as often merely be what it ever obviously is in the eyes of one such as you - merely your own self-deception seeing "a duck" where there isn't one, at all.

Only ducks were taught that the Lord Jesus can appear at any moment and all of those ducks are members of the Body of Christ.

Did you not read my post where I demonstrated that James taught that the Lord's appearance is imminent?

Jerry Shugart

Your duck is a QUACK.

You can misunderstand those verses a million times if you like, it won't chance a thing.

It can change the minds of some people who might be reading this thread! I present evidence from the Scriptures to bolster my case and you offer nothing but snide comments.

Jerry Shugart

You are very eloquent and use scripture. But that does not make you correct.

If what I say is not correct then I am sure you will be able to tell me exactly where I am wrong.

In the following verse John speaks about what will happen this appearance:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"
(1 Jn.3:2).​

Please tell me exactly what I said that is wrong.

Right Divider

Body part
If what I say is not correct then I am sure you will be able to tell me exactly where I am wrong.

In the following verse John speaks about what will happen this appearance:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"
Not sure why you fixate on that verse. It says NOTHING about MEETING IN THE AIR.

And yet here we are 2 thousand years later.

Once again NO support for MEETING IN AIR.

Pure conjecture on your part.

Please tell me exactly what I said that is wrong.
You ASSUME that you want it to say.

Jerry Shugart

Not sure why you fixate on that verse. It says NOTHING about MEETING IN THE AIR.

Using your method of answering I can say that these verses are not about the rapture because they say NOTHING about MEETING IN THE AIR:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality" (1 Cor.15:51-53).​

These verses are obviously about the time when the living saints will meet the Lord in the air despite the fact that it says NOTHING about MEETING IN THE AIR!

What is revealed there is the same thing which John was referring to here:

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"

I wonder why you even came on this thread which is about the rapture since you are obviously clueless as to what will happen when the saints will be caught up.

Right Divider

Body part
Using your method of answering I can say that these verses are not about the rapture because they say NOTHING about MEETING IN THE AIR:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality" (1 Cor.15:51-53).​

These verses are obviously about the time when the living saints will meet the Lord in the air despite the fact that it says NOTHING about MEETING IN THE AIR!

What is revealed there is the same thing which John was referring to here:

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"

I wonder why you even came on this thread which is about the rapture since you are obviously clueless as to what will happen when the saints will be caught up.
The Israelite kingdom believers will be resurrected INTO THEIR LAND. There is no reason for them to meet the Lord in the air.

See Ezekiel 37 when you get a chance.

Jerry Shugart

The Israelite kingdom believers will be resurrected INTO THEIR LAND.

At the time the Hebrew epistles were written the remnant had already become members of the Body of Christ:

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:14-16).​

It isn't difficult to understand that when the word "both" is used it is referring to the remnant out of Israel and the Gentile believers.

Nothing else makes sense!

The remnant out of Israel and the Gentile believers both make up the Body of Christ.

If anyone told you differently then they told you wrong.

Right Divider

Body part
At the time the Hebrew epistles were written the remnant had already become members of the Body of Christ:
"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:14-16).​

It isn't difficult to understand that when the word "both" is used it is referring to the remnant out of Israel and the Gentile believers.

Nothing else makes sense!

The remnant out of Israel and the Gentile believers both make up the Body of Christ.

If anyone told you differently then they told you wrong.
I've read the Bible and understand the difference between Israel and the body of Christ, so I'm not confused about the two.

You are forcing your ideas onto the text.

Jerry Shugart

I've read the Bible and understand the difference between Israel and the body of Christ, so I'm not confused about the two.

You need to read the part where Paul says that Israel has been set aside!

And you also need to start actually believing what Paul wrote at Ephesians 2:14-16.

Right Divider

Body part
You need to read the part where Paul says that Israel has been set aside!

And you also need to start actually believing what Paul wrote at Ephesians 2:14-16.
You seem to think that the setting aside of Israel means that the calling of those BELIEVERS was changed. It was NOT.

The calling of the BELIEVING remnant was not changed even though the NATION of Israel was set aside.

Therefore, the breaking down of the middle wall was not what you think that it was.

When Israel is restored and resurrected, they will continue with their favored nation status. The body of Christ is not Israel.

Jerry Shugart

You seem to think that the setting aside of Israel means that the calling of those BELIEVERS was changed. It was NOT.

The calling of the "nation" of Israel will not change but in the first century that nation was set aside.

By its very nature a "nation" is earthly, having a government and land.

But we know that the calling of the believers who received the Hebrew epistles is heavenly in nature, just like all of the other members of the Body of Christ. You are so confused that you cannot tell the difference between things which belong to the earthly sphere from the things belonging to the heavenly sphere.

Do you not even know that those who are born of God have the same citizenship as God, and that citizenship is heavenly?

You prove over and over that you are incapable of rightly dividing the Scriptures!

Right Divider

Body part
The calling of the "nation" of Israel will not change but in the first century that nation was set aside.

By its very nature a "nation" is earthly, having a government and land.

But we know that the calling of the believers who received the Hebrew epistles is heavenly in nature, just like all of the other members of the Body of Christ. You are so confused that you cannot tell the difference between things which belong to the earthly sphere from the things belonging to the heavenly sphere.
The "heavenly Jerusalem" comes DOWN TO THE EARTH, Jerry.

Do you not even know that those who are born of God have the same citizenship as God, and that citizenship is heavenly?

You prove over and over that you are incapable of rightly dividing the Scriptures!
That you cannot understand the differences in those Hebrew epistles and Paul's epistles is a testimony to YOUR incapability to rightly divide.

The very NAME of the book TO THE HEBREWS shows a division that YOU ignore.

Jerry Shugart

The "heavenly Jerusalem" comes DOWN TO THE EARTH, Jerry.

It came down so that John could see it.

It is described as the city of the Living God (Heb.12:22) so if you have any knowledge about the abode of God then you would know that refers to the eternal state.

That you cannot understand the differences in those Hebrew epistles and Paul's epistles is a testimony to YOUR incapability to rightly divide.

The very NAME of the book TO THE HEBREWS shows a division that YOU ignore.

You wrongly divide when you assert that the doctrine found in those epistles, which were written during the present dispensation and addressed to people who were living in the present dispensation, is for another dispensation altogether.

And then we are supposed to believe that the authors of those epistles just failed to tell their readers that the teaching found in those epistles is not for the present dispensation!

Both the Gentile believers and the Jewish believers were taught to be looking for an imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus and both groups expected that they would be made like the Lord Jesus at that appearance. But you stand reason on its head and assert that two different appearances are being spoken of.

Of course you have never given any evidence that when the Lord returns to the earth that living saints will be made like Him because there is no such evidence. That will only happen at the rapture and only members of the Body of Christ will be raptured.