Race For The White House

Race For The White House

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It doesn't matter how you see it, it the Republicans gave him everything.
I'd say that's how you see it and it's just not the case. I could go back and pull quotes from various sources reporting on negotiations we all later learned were sham after leaks from inside the Republican party leadership surfaced and the whole "Just say no" campaign came to the surface, but I don't suppose it would change your mind. The hard right sees capitulation and the left sees an embarrassed and half-hearted failure that ended in thin compromise only when and to the extent it had to. I think the whole thing was a circus.

They had no votes for Obamacare and voted party line against so they can say the voted against. And as you can see, they have not repealed after pretending to be against it. The Republican "establishment" is going to pay the price this November, including the Congress when people like the Speaker are removed by vote. That is why Boehner resigned.
They can't really repeal it and your party line vote notation isn't then giving the President anything. It's in line with my, "Just say no" and the minor accommodations they had to make beyond that to get anything at all to hold up to voters later. If Trump is the voice of the Republican party then I'd say you're confusing volume with numbers and that it won't translate into a win. But hey, that's why they play the game. We'll just have to wait and see.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'd say that's how you see it and it's just not the case.

of course, you could have said "that's how you see it and I don't agree"

or "that's how you see it and I see it differently"

but you didn't

:think:

very revealing

They can't really repeal it...

:think:

A repeal is the removal or reversal of a law. There are two basic types of repeal, a repeal with re-enactment (or replacement) of the repealed law, or a repeal without replacement. Removal of secondary legislation is normally referred to as revocation rather than repeal in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Repeal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeal
Wikipedia

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
of course, you could have said "that's how you see it and I don't agree"
When I see plain facts countermanding a position, in part or on the whole, I don't conflate it with a simple difference of opinion. The first part recognized the difference, the second the foundation.

but you didn't
very revealing
As is your attention.

An odd inferential complaint/observation given your penchant for less than amicable note and difference though.

ok doser

When I see plain facts ....

...you make an interpretation, just like everybody else

but you think that your interpretation is special

as I said, very revealing

as well as amusing :chuckle:

town said:
As is your attention to every word I write.

again, your conceit is revealing - I read everybody here - every word Nick writes,

every word
chrys
writes

every word pj writes

even dopey ol' mopey:http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ill-WIN-BIG!&p=4650480&viewfull=1#post4650480

and on and on

and you, you great big ol' hunk of self-impressed wonderful you, you are the only one who whines about it :chuckle:

again, very revealing

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Daylight Savings Time should be set back the way it was, or done away with. It is not good for people to leave for work in the dark. No one has made any complain promises on this?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...you make an interpretation, just like everybody else
I'm not a relativist, so I don't believe the truth of everything lies in the beholder. If you do then it's telling. If you don't, the complaint is.

but you think that your interpretation is special
Rather, like you or anyone with an opinion they've thought through (okay, apparently not so much like you then) I believe I have it right on the facts. But I'm always willing to discuss them with someone who can (also not likely you then).

as I said, very revealing
Yes, you certainly said that.

again, your conceit is revealing
Guy, your penchant for having one of the highest post counts in nearly any thread I start is what's revealing (as is the near complete absence of my own in yours). What you noted wasn't really, except in what you decided to read into it to get to this point, the one you keep poking into your own eye and ego.

I read everybody here
Possibly the saddest admission you never thought through.

and you, you big ol' hunk of self-impressed wonderful you, you are the only one who whines about it
Said the fellow continuing to initiate conversation while whining about how he reads into what I write to someone else? And you're using the word conceit in an outward fashion?

:plain: Remarkable.

Also, I still doubt Trump will gain traction with the moderates he needs to win, to say nothing of a sharply divided Republican camp.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
which is your opinion, presented as such
Right. Kind of shoots a big ol hole in your premise of late.

Daylight Savings Time should be set back the way it was, or done away with. It is not good for people to leave for work in the dark. No one has made any complain promises on this?
We should all move to Arizona. :plain: Sure, it's hot, but it's a dry heat. Unlike the dead heat some people are suggesting for more than a few remaining primaries...well, I tried.

ok doser

March 15th will be a decisive day for the GOP, likely eliminating Rubio and Kasich. If Trump wins Florida

trump's sure to win florida - florida is overflowing with idiots

pj said:
In both parties March 15th is a huge day and the race for the White House is on. Voting is a right, go vote. Thoughts, comments, concerns ?

Vote trump!

ClimateSanity

trump's sure to win florida - florida is overflowing with idiots

Vote trump!

Don't you think Trump will actually get things done that Rubio or Cruz or kasich can't? I'm talking about stopping the leftist bulldozing of traditional America that has been going on for a generation?

ok doser

he's got a track record for putting together deals and bringing together people to get things done

gotta be better than bammy or hillary :idunno:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
he's got a track record for putting together deals and bringing together people to get things done

gotta be better than bammy or hillary :idunno:

......bringing people together to sellout America. Why should he care?

I think Trump is proud to be a user.

Cruz loves America, to Trump it is a commodity.