Race For The White House

Race For The White House

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rexlunae

Both Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz slammed the greeting President Obama and his wife received during their historic touch-down at a Cuban airport, saying the failure of Raul Castro to personally greet them as they exited Air Force One was a slap in the face to America.

Republicans don't respect the President, and they don't support his rapprochement with Cuba, but they sure are eager to find fault in how the President is respected during the rapprochement.

rexlunae

I was reminded, on my drive into work this morning, of how badly narrative-driven rather than fact-driven the news coverage has become. On NPR, Chery Glaser reported that the big winners of last night's voting were Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. But, Sanders won both more states and more delegates than Clinton. How can you be the big winner when your opponent does better? Clinton won the largest state, Arizona, but between the fact that Sanders won a fair portion of Arizona's delegates, and the fact that he won Idaho and Utah 4-to-1, he came out with a significant delegate advantage for the evening.

This is NPR, but it could just as well have been Fox News.

Who are you talking to Town ? :chuckle:

Trump takes AZ !!! It's pretty obvious that Trump will get 1,237 delegates. Once they call MO he picks up 12 more there, plus 58 from AZ. Heck. Trump might win Utah too, in spite of Romney and the Mormons

ha ha (to that comment about winning UT)

70% landslide for Cruz!

Utah is the most religious state of all. True, Mormonism is not true Christianity, but you gotta hand it to those people: they know how to vote!

just as KS does, and OK, and TX and IO, and many others.

Dump hasn't gotten 70% or anywhere near it in any state at all

it shouldn't be 1237. It should be at least 55%

I was reminded, on my drive into work this morning, of how badly narrative-driven rather than fact-driven the news coverage has become. On NPR, Chery Glaser reported that the big winners of last night's voting were Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. But, Sanders won both more states and more delegates than Clinton. How can you be the big winner when your opponent does better? Clinton won the largest state, Arizona, but between the fact that Sanders won a fair portion of Arizona's delegates, and the fact that he won Idaho and Utah 4-to-1, he came out with a significant delegate advantage for the evening.

The only one on Fox i trust is Megyn Kelly, and possibly Martha M. Fox is trying to shove Dump on us, but the American people, at least in flyover country are not buying

God bless those people :)

Gutfeld doesn't seem to be buying either, surprisingly..

and God curse all who would vote for the un-Christian, woman-hating egomaniac narcissist Dump

"I will bless those who bless you; I will curse those who curse you" (said God, Old Testament)

:luigi:

Letsargue

yeh, Heidi's done far worse than.. posing nude :shocked:

marrying a misogynist :shocked:

dont think so

stop being deceived. Dump is a LIAR

pathological

"M--A--N" IT'S Easy to Tell Who and What Y-O-U ARE!! - ONLY The ""Communists"" to s-o-m-e Degree, if not Total; (( "Are Against Trump" ))!! - Only A FOOL is for any of the Other L-I-A-R-S!!

Hate Trump!! WOOWW!! - How do you Get By Here on TOL????? - AND Do you Call Yourself a Christian???

It is Said that TOL is a "Christian Forum"//????!!!!

PAUL!!! -- 032316!!

Timotheos

This post is from a racist:
"M--A--N" IT'S Easy to Tell Who and What Y-O-U ARE!! - ONLY The ""Communists"" to s-o-m-e Degree, if not Total; (( "Are Against Trump" ))!! - Only A FOOL is for any of the Other L-I-A-R-S!!

Hate Trump!! WOOWW!! - How do you Get By Here on TOL????? - AND Do you Call Yourself a Christian???

It is Said that TOL is a "Christian Forum"//????!!!!

PAUL!!! -- 032316!!

Letsargue

This post is from a racist:

HHAAHHHH HHAAHH HAAAAA!!!

Y-E-S!! - That's what is said Buy all FOOLS - Who Call People "RACISTS" who are not against TRUMP!!

"RACIST", is all A Fool Can Call a Trump Voter. You are real SMART, vote for the Liars like a FOOL!!!

PAUL!!!!!! - 032316

Timotheos

HHAAHHHH HHAAHH HAAAAA!!!

Y-E-S!! - That's what is said Buy all FOOLS - Who Call People "RACISTS" who are not against TRUMP!!

"RACIST", is all A Fool Can Call a Trump Voter. You are real SMART, vote for the Liars like a FOOL!!!

PAUL!!!!!! - 032316

People who hate African Americans are racist. I don't believe that all Trump supporters are racists. You are the only Trump supporter I know that is racist. I saw the irony when you (as a racist) said "And do you call yourself a Christian". I know that you are a racist because you said:
What Idiot Would Want TRUMP I-F the Cursed ""Mormons"" AND Blacks were all On His SIDE????????

(( Watch Your N-E-W-S ))!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 032316

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
People who hate African Americans are racist. I don't believe that all Trump supporters are racists. You are the only Trump supporter I know that is racist. I saw the irony when you (as a racist) said "And do you call yourself a Christian". I know that you are a racist because you said:

what makes you think he hates african-americans?

Foxfire

Indeed, one might well expect that an all time US record caucus attendance, such as the one reported last night in Boise Idaho, would be news worthy nationally. Particularly in view of it's outcome.

“It’s official: This is the largest caucus in the history of the United States,”

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/politics-government/election/article67443622.html#storylink=cpy

The line was reported to have been in excess of a mile long with as many as ten thousand participants in attendance. :plain:

Last edited:

rexlunae

Indeed, one might well expect that an all time US record caucus attendance, such as the one reported last night in Boise Idaho, would be news worthy nationally. Particularly in view of it's outcome.

The line was reported to have been in excess of a mile long with as many as ten thousand participants in attendance. :plain:

http://mix106radio.com/record-setting-idaho-caucus-attendance/

I recently heard a newscaster acknowledge that there's been a near black-out of coverage, and then suggest that it had worked to Sanders's advantage. As if it was a tactic Sanders chose rather than something imposed by the media, or an excuse for the media to push a blatantly biased obsession with Drumpf and Clinton.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When it comes to Cruz, aCW is guilty of circumstantial speech and Word Salad

Circumstantial speech (also referred to as circumstantiality) is the result of a non-linear thought pattern and occurs when the focus of a conversation drifts, but often comes back to the point.[1] In circumstantiality, unnecessary details and irrelevant remarks cause a delay in getting to the point.[2] If someone exhibits circumstantial speech during a conversation, they will often "talk the long way around" to their point, which can be seen in contrast to linear speech, which is direct, succinct, and to the point.
Circumstantial speech is more direct than tangential speech in which the speaker wanders and drifts and usually never returns to the original topic, and is far less severe than logorrhea.[3] A helpful metaphor is traveling to a destination. If someone is thinking and speaking linearly, then they will go directly to the point. Circumstantial speech is more like taking unnecessary detours, but the speaker eventually arrives at the intended destination. In tangential speech, the speaker simply gets lost along the way, never returning to the original topic of conversation. With logorrhea, which is closer to word salad, it may not even be clear that the speaker had a particular idea or point in the first place.

From Wikipedia