ECT Questions for Roman Catholics

glassjester

You may never know. Until you stand before God.

1 Corinthians 8 speaks specifically of temples of idols, which no Catholic church is.

Also, who is this weak person walking into a Catholic church, observing prayer, and walking back out? Why were they there? Assuming they are coming to learn about the Catholic faith, they're going to talk to some Catholics, right?

Nobody's wandering into the church, thinking, "Maybe I'll convert to Christianity today," then seeing a bunch of statues and running out of the church to lead a life of idol-worship.

I think this hypothetical weakling you've presented just doesn't exist.

Cruciform

1 Corinthians 8 speaks specifically of temples of idols, which no Catholic church is.

Also, who is this weak person walking into a Catholic church, observing prayer, and walking back out? Why were they there? Assuming they are coming to learn about the Catholic faith, they're going to talk to some Catholics, right?

Nobody's wandering into the church, thinking, "Maybe I'll convert to Christianity today," then seeing a bunch of statues and running out of the church to lead a life of idol-worship.

Well put, and self-evidently true. :thumb:

republicanchick

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If you agree with all these, just say "Yes, all." If not, feel free to explain why not.[/FONT]

[NT]

i have a problem with the wording in 10

and 12

But I believe what the Church officially teaches, so it is likely just the wording... that is a problem (unclear)

+++

everready

Your probably right this guy didn't run out of church he walked to begin a lifetime of idol worship.

shrineofolofgoodhelpwisconsin.jpg

http://ivarfjeld.com/2012/05/28/100-year-to-get-marian-appearances-approved/

everready

Dona Bate

Your probably right this guy didn't run out of church he walked to begin a lifetime of idol worship.

everready
You have proof of course like who the person is that's praying? Or is this just more evidence of your outrageous and bigoted anti Catholic sectarianism?

God Bless!

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Ah catholicism. Sees hidden meaning in every verse of scripture yet willing to be perfectly literal when it serves their purpose.

Paul thought it important enough to put in a letter so that alone makes it worth heading. This week person who walks into your church may be somebody seeking God fire the very first time. What does he see? What does it mean to him?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
we don't worship statues

really!
Here is a pop quiz: Look at these two pictures:
Idol-Worship1.gif

catholic_idolaters.jpg

Based on what you see in these two pictures, and only on what is seen in these pictures, please explain to us how a non-Catholic not properly educated in the doctrines and traditions of the RCC can tell the difference between those worshiping the golden calf and those venerating Mary.

Sancocho

Here is a pop quiz: Look at these two pictures:
Idol-Worship1.gif

catholic_idolaters.jpg

Based on what you see in these two pictures, and only on what is seen in these pictures, please explain to us how a non-Catholic not properly educated in the doctrines and traditions of the RCC can tell the difference between those worshiping the golden calf and those venerating Mary.

Comparing the Virgin Mary to the golden calf won't win you any points with God.

With attitudes like this it is no wonder Europe and America are the disgrace of Christianity.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Comparing the Virgin Mary to the Golden calf won't win you any points with God.

With attitudes like this it is no wonder Europe and America are the disgrace of Christianity.

the only time Jesus got mad
is
when they messed with His temple

can you imagine how He must feel about His church and mother?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Comparing the Virgin Mary to the golden calf won't win you any points with God.

It's not a Protestant thing. Luther was lavish in his praise and honor of Mary. For some reason, some modern Protestants think they have to disparage God's mother in order to love God.

It's sad and totally unnecessary.

Sancocho

the only time Jesus got mad
is
when they messed with His temple

can you imagine how He must feel about His church and mother?

The hand of God is against America and Europe because of their love of innocent blood and debauchery, mostly enabled by the non-biblical concept of works not being important. This is the reason why I believe America is the best fit for the prostitute only judging her fruits. America deserves the title more than Europe because of the fracturing of the Body of Christ is considered sport and our constant forceful indoctrination of other countries to accept our corruption. We pretend to be the moral authority but we have none in fact.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The hand of God is against America and Europe because of their love of innocent blood and debauchery, mostly enabled by the non-biblical concept of works not being important. This is the reason why I believe America is the best fit for the prostitute only judging her fruits. America deserves the title more than Europe because of the fracturing of the Body of Christ is considered sport and our constant forceful indoctrination of other countries to accept our corruption. We pretend to be the moral authority but we have none in fact.

are you referring to the harlot of rev 17?
if
you are
I have worked really hard at showing that it is constantinople
are you interested?

Sancocho

are you referring to the harlot of rev 17?
if
you are
I have worked really hard at showing that it is constantinople
are you interested?

I understand there are many theories and few support my case in fact.

Nonetheless, my case is based on the magnitude of deaths caused by America's promotion of abortion around the world. What we are seeing now is without precedent in history with intentional homicide rates in Western countries on levels greater than that of many wars. Throw in our no holds barred promotion of homosexual indoctrination to the point that we are practically forcing countries to approve this and this satisfies this verse:

"The woman whom you saw represents the great city that has sovereignty over the kings of the earth.”

I understand the Catholic Bible takes the stance that Babylon is Rome, but the fact is there is no other nation in the world now that has more influence over all the nations in the world than the US. Even in the time of Rome the greatest extents of it's influence were Europe and North Africa, yet there were already tens of millions if not more inhabitants all over Asia, the Pacific and the Americas. What were are seeing is without precedent in history in magnitude and influence I'm afraid to say, and I am witnessing this first hand in Latin America with our politics.