ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

God's Truth

Not!!! A requirement for what? More of your unscriptural garbage.

It is a requirement like everything Jesus tells us, such as do not hate.

Why do you say unscriptural?

Paul was water baptized, and he water baptized people.

Jesus Christ himself was water baptized.

God's Truth

Just because a person gets water baptized does not mean they are saved. There are people in the Bible who believed and were water baptized but they did not yet receive the Holy Spirit.

A person needs to know what water baptism means.

It is not something in and of itself to get you saved; however, it is of great importance if one knows they are supposed to get water baptized, and to know what it means, and to actually do it.

If you get water baptized, you should know what it means. It shows that you are obedient and it means that you are PROMISING GOD that you will die to the sins of the world and live to please him.

I have seen different kinds of people get water baptized. I have seen people who get water baptized and have no idea that it means they are promising God that they will die to the sins of the world and live a life to please the Lord. I see these people and they live a sinful life as always, but they claim they are saved. I have also seen believers who do not get water baptized, and they fall into sin and make excuses for it and never really overcome their sin.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just because a person gets water baptized does not mean they are saved. There are people in the Bible who believed and were water baptized but they did not yet receive the Holy Spirit.

A person needs to know what water baptism means.

It is not something in and of itself to get you saved; however, it is of great importance if one knows they are supposed to get water baptized, and to know what it means, and to actually do it.

If you get water baptized, you should know what it means. It shows that you are obedient and it means that you are PROMISING GOD that you will die to the sins of the world and live to please him.

I have seen different kinds of people get water baptized. I have seen people who get water baptized and have no idea that it means they are promising God that they will die to the sins of the world and live a life to please the Lord. I see these people and they live a sinful life as always, but they claim they are saved. I have also seen believers who do not get water baptized, and they fall into sin and make excuses for it and never really overcome their sin.

So you cannot give Book, Chapter and Verse.

God's Truth

Quote me Book, Chapter and verse that says that baptism is a requirement for anything except a good bath.

It is a ceremony, it is symbolic of what has already happened in your heart and mind.

It is a promise to God that you will die to living a sinful life and live to please Jesus.

It prepares your heart for God to live in it, to make His home there.

God's Truth

So you cannot give Book, Chapter and Verse.

Of course I can.

1 Peter 3:20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course I can.

1 Peter 3:20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

twisted scripture! :darwinsm: It only speaks of disobedience. Where does it say that it is a requirement?

turbosixx

If you have the evidence then you would know that true faith is not just a mental understanding.
If it's more than mental understanding, what else?

If you have received the Spirit which is of God then you would know that what Paul answered in the following passage is the absolute truth:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​
It is absolute truth, but he doesn't say "ALL" you have to do it believe.

The reason why you do not believe what Paul said there is because you put more faith in what some people say about the Scriptures say than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.

No I believe what the scripture actually says in context not by cherry picking.

How did Jesus say to make Christians?

Danoh

In plain old, everyday North American English...

Paul was water baptized.

For those he first dealt with after he was saved practiced water baptism.

For not only were they of the Circumcision which believed devout according to the law, but they had preached to none but unto the Jews only.

And water baptism had been as serious an issue as Circumcision.

Each, a work under the Law.

And yet, despite Paul's distinct "but now the righteousness of God without the Law" Paul did water baptized some himself.

But...

Only actual Acts 9 MADs...

(not those within MAD who have turned to supposed Acts 28er solutions; or who have unwittingly been taught a hybrid of both how the Acts 9 position soundly studies a thing out with how the Acts 28 position erroneously does)

...only ACTUAL Acts 9 MADs have much hope of ever solving for that and other kinds of seeming perplexities described in Acts between Paul's writings, and various of both his words and actions in and during Acts.

The principle is very simple...

"Because of the Jews..."

Paul's own words - BOTH in Acts AND in his writings on that kind of thing.

Not in Luke's words alone, and not in Paul's words and or actions, in Acts alone.

Acts ALONE and or DURING Acts - is the Acts 28er's CHIEF error.

The very error the Hybrids as MADs have ended up in.

Of course, your thin-skins only gets in the way of what any actually consistent MAD might point out to any of you.

In memory of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Last edited:

marhig

Paul is NOT talking about the same aspects of the kingdom as Luke.

You are the one that has problems understanding what "spiritual" means. Spiritual does NOT mean non-physical.

Acts 1:9-12 explains the LORD Jesus Christ's physical return to earth at which time He will establish His kingdom on the earth.

Paul is NOT talking about the same aspects of the kingdom as Luke.

You are the one that has problems understanding what "spiritual" means. Spiritual does NOT mean non-physical.

Acts 1:9-12 explains the LORD Jesus Christ's physical return to earth at which time He will establish His kingdom on the earth.

So what are the different aspects of the kingdom to you? And how is the kingdom that Paul is speaking about, different to the kingdom that Jesus is speaking about? Jesus taught that the kingdom of God is within you.

Jesus says the kingdom of God is within you, and Paul said it comes not by word but by power. And so it does, because those who have the kingdom of God within them have the power to overcome their flesh, and they have the power to speak the word in truth and they are able to overcome satan and the world through Christ. That's what the power of the Spirit does, he strengthens us, helps us to overcome and cleanses our hearts if we are willing to live by the will of God.

Once the kingdom of God has come into our hearts, then those who belong to him live by his will, here in earth as they do in heaven.

Jesus said that the father gave him power over all flesh, and that power came from the Holy Spirit that he was filled with.

DAN P

Paul was water baptized.

For those he first dealt with after he was saved practiced water baptism.

For not only were they of the Circumcision which believed devout according to the law, but they had preached to none but unto the Jews only.

And water baptism had been as serious an issue as Circumcision.

Each, a work under the Law.

And yet, despite Paul's distinct "but now the righteousness of God without the Law" Paul did water baptized some himself.

But...

Only actual Acts 9 MADs - not those who run to supposed Acts 28er solutions; who end up have fused into a hybrid of both...

...how the Acts 9 position soundly studies a thing out...

...with how the Acts 28 position erroneously does....

...have much hope of ever solving for that and other kinds of seeming perplexities described in Acts between Paul's writings, and various of both his words and actions in and during Acts.

The principle is very simple...

"Because of the Jews..."

Paul's own words - BOTH in Acts AND in his writings on that kind of thing.

Not in Acts alone.

Acts ALONE and or DURING Acts - is the Acts 28er's CHIEF error.

The very error the Hybrids as MADs have ended up in.

Of course, your thin-skins only gets in the way of what any actually consistent MAD might point out to any of you.

In memory of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Hi and can you explain Rom 1:1 , ans show me how you studied it out ??

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
Do you not have all things in common with the body?
Not like Acts 2... do you have it like Acts 2?

Acts 2:44-45 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:44) And all that believed were together, and had all things common; (2:45) And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all [men], as every man had need.

Like that? Why not?

Right Divider

Body part
So what are the different aspects of the kingdom to you? And how is the kingdom that Paul is speaking about, different to the kingdom that Jesus is speaking about? Jesus taught that the kingdom of God is within you.
The word YOU there is PLURAL. Jesus was talking about His people. The king was there with His people.

Jesus also says that the kingdom will be TAKEN AWAY from the rulers of Israel and given to a NATION bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Matt 21:43 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:43) Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

So it's very easy to see that the kingdom spoken of the Matt 221:43 is ISRAEL. The rulers HAD the kingdom, but it would be taken away from them because of their unbelief.

Then we see who will receive the kingdom.

Luke 12:32 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:32) Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

So you and too many others pervert the "kingdom" to be some mystical, magical "kingdom" and that is wrong.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience
GT, Whether or not you like outside articles, this one does very well on explaining baptismal regeneration. Baptism is not required for salvation but is merely obedience that shows an outward sign of an inward transformation.

From gotquestions.org

The belief that baptism is necessary for salvation is also known as "baptismal regeneration." It is our contention that baptism is an important step of obedience for a Christian, but we adamantly reject baptism as being required for salvation. We strongly believe that each and every Christian should be water baptized by immersion. Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Romans 6:3-4 declares, “Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” The action of being immersed in the water illustrates dying and being buried with Christ. The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ’s resurrection.

Requiring anything in addition to faith in Jesus Christ for salvation is a works-based salvation. To add anything to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to purchase our salvation. To say that baptism is necessary for salvation is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation. Jesus' death alone paid for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus' payment for our sins is appropriated to our “account” by faith alone (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, baptism is an important step of obedience after salvation but cannot be a requirement for salvation.

Yes, there are some verses that seem to indicate baptism as a requirement for salvation. However, since the Bible so clearly tells us that salvation is received by faith alone (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5), there must be a different interpretation of those verses. Scripture does not contradict Scripture. In Bible times, a person who converted from one religion to another was often baptized to identify conversion. Baptism was the means of making a decision public. Those who refused to be baptized were saying they did not truly believe. So, in the minds of the apostles and early disciples, the idea of an un-baptized believer was unheard of. When a person claimed to believe in Christ, yet was ashamed to proclaim his faith in public, it indicated that he did not have true faith.

If baptism is necessary for salvation, why would Paul have said, “I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius” (1 Corinthians 1:14)? Why would he have said, “For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power” (1 Corinthians 1:17)? Granted, in this passage Paul is arguing against the divisions that plagued the Corinthian church. However, how could Paul possibly say, “I am thankful that I did not baptize…” or “For Christ did not send me to baptize…” if baptism were necessary for salvation? If baptism is necessary for salvation, Paul would literally be saying, “I am thankful that you were not saved…” and “For Christ did not send me to save…” That would be an unbelievably ridiculous statement for Paul to make. Further, when Paul gives a detailed outline of what he considers the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-8), why does he neglect to mention baptism? If baptism is a requirement for salvation, how could any presentation of the gospel lack a mention of baptism?

Does Acts 2:38 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does Mark 16:16 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does 1 Peter 3:21 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does John 3:5 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does Acts 22:16 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does Galatians 3:27 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Baptism is not necessary for salvation. Baptism does not save from sin but from a bad conscience. In 1 Peter 3:21, Peter clearly taught that baptism was not a ceremonial act of physical purification, but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. Baptism is the symbol of what has already occurred in the heart and life of one who has trusted Christ as Savior (Romans 6:3-5; Galatians 3:27; Colossians 2:12). Baptism is an important step of obedience that every Christian should take. Baptism cannot be a requirement for salvation. To make it such is an attack on the sufficiency of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

oatmeal

Where does faith come in? What does a convicted unbeliever do with that information? What is the actual saving content he needs to know and believe to be saved?

Romans 10:9-10 is where God tells us what anyone must do to receive the gift of salvation

1. Confess with the mouth the lord Jesus

2. Believe in their heart that God raised him from the dead.

When they meet those two prerequisites or conditions or standards, God gives them the gift of salvation

the words "faith" and "believing" though translated from the same Greek work have different meanings

The subject is is bit large to be typing onto a website

DAN P

Paul was water baptized.

Hi , danoh , and if Paul was water baptized , you HAVE to be saying Paul was saved under the Kingdom PROGRAM , just like Acts 13 and the Acts 28 er believe !!

This means you are NOT Acts 9 !!

dan p

God's Truth

GT, Whether or not you like outside articles, this one does very well on explaining baptismal regeneration. Baptism is not required for salvation but is merely obedience that shows an outward sign of an inward transformation.

From gotquestions.org

The belief that baptism is necessary for salvation is also known as "baptismal regeneration." It is our contention that baptism is an important step of obedience for a Christian, but we adamantly reject baptism as being required for salvation. We strongly believe that each and every Christian should be water baptized by immersion. Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Romans 6:3-4 declares, “Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” The action of being immersed in the water illustrates dying and being buried with Christ. The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ’s resurrection.

Requiring anything in addition to faith in Jesus Christ for salvation is a works-based salvation. To add anything to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to purchase our salvation. To say that baptism is necessary for salvation is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation. Jesus' death alone paid for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus' payment for our sins is appropriated to our “account” by faith alone (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, baptism is an important step of obedience after salvation but cannot be a requirement for salvation.

Yes, there are some verses that seem to indicate baptism as a requirement for salvation. However, since the Bible so clearly tells us that salvation is received by faith alone (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5), there must be a different interpretation of those verses. Scripture does not contradict Scripture. In Bible times, a person who converted from one religion to another was often baptized to identify conversion. Baptism was the means of making a decision public. Those who refused to be baptized were saying they did not truly believe. So, in the minds of the apostles and early disciples, the idea of an un-baptized believer was unheard of. When a person claimed to believe in Christ, yet was ashamed to proclaim his faith in public, it indicated that he did not have true faith.

If baptism is necessary for salvation, why would Paul have said, “I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius” (1 Corinthians 1:14)? Why would he have said, “For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power” (1 Corinthians 1:17)? Granted, in this passage Paul is arguing against the divisions that plagued the Corinthian church. However, how could Paul possibly say, “I am thankful that I did not baptize…” or “For Christ did not send me to baptize…” if baptism were necessary for salvation? If baptism is necessary for salvation, Paul would literally be saying, “I am thankful that you were not saved…” and “For Christ did not send me to save…” That would be an unbelievably ridiculous statement for Paul to make. Further, when Paul gives a detailed outline of what he considers the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-8), why does he neglect to mention baptism? If baptism is a requirement for salvation, how could any presentation of the gospel lack a mention of baptism?

Does Acts 2:38 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does Mark 16:16 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does 1 Peter 3:21 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does John 3:5 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does Acts 22:16 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does Galatians 3:27 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Baptism is not necessary for salvation. Baptism does not save from sin but from a bad conscience. In 1 Peter 3:21, Peter clearly taught that baptism was not a ceremonial act of physical purification, but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. Baptism is the symbol of what has already occurred in the heart and life of one who has trusted Christ as Savior (Romans 6:3-5; Galatians 3:27; Colossians 2:12). Baptism is an important step of obedience that every Christian should take. Baptism cannot be a requirement for salvation. To make it such is an attack on the sufficiency of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

That article is full of falseness as it goes against obeying God and tries to demean obedience as something shameful.

It isn't faith or obedience, it is faith AND right action.