ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

Right Divider

Body part
That would be my understanding as well. We can read Acts and see where he went and what he proclaimed after being called. I believe Acts 13 is where we are given detail of exactly what he proclaimed.

In chapter 13 he says his sermon was the word of God and the words of eternal life. The Jews rejected it so he said he was turning to the Gentiles.
13:46 And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, “It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles.

In chapter 14 he preached in the synagogue and Jews and Gentiles believed.
14:1 Now at Iconium they entered together into the Jewish synagogue and spoke in such a way that a great number of both Jews and Greeks believed.
In verse 7 it says 7 and there they continued to preach the gospel.

It is my understanding that what he preached in Acts 13 is what he continued to preach being the gospel.
Paul preached the whole counsel of God.

Acts 20:27 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:27) For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Paul was also given the responsibility to complete the Word of God.

Col 1:25-29 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:25) Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; (1:26) [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: (1:27) To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: (1:28) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: (1:29) Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Believe that it's all the same if you want, but the Bible is a book of details and you're glossing over many of them.

turbosixx

Believe that it's all the same if you want, but the Bible is a book of details and you're glossing over many of them.

That passage you quoted is from a letter Paul wrote after he had finished his 3rd journey while in house arrest to those he had preached to and converted. We can read what Paul preached and what converts did in response to the gospel in Acts.

I would suggest the bible is simple to understand and not complicated. Satan used the details of God's own words in the garden to convince Eve that God's words were not true even though God told them they would die if they ate.

Are Christ's words true?
Mk. 16:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

DAN P

That passage you quoted is from a letter Paul wrote after he had finished his 3rd journey while in house arrest to those he had preached to and converted. We can read what Paul preached and what converts did in response to the gospel in Acts.

I would suggest the bible is simple to understand and not complicated. Satan used the details of God's own words in the garden to convince Eve that God's words were not true even though God told them they would die if they ate.

Are Christ's words true?
Mk. 16:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Hi and since WE KNOW that Israel has been set aside in Acts 13:46 and 18:6 and in 28:28 and in 2 Cor 3:13-15 WHY is Mark 16:16 mean when the Greek words SHALL BE AND THE gREEK WORD SHALL BE DAMNED in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , huhhhhhhhhh ??>

dan p

Danoh

In that verse, Paul is equating the "beginning of the gospel" to the time when he departed from Macedonia.
If that time is the "beginning of the gospel", how could Peter preach that same gospel many years earlier?

When Paul preached to those in synagogues, he did NOT begin by preaching the gospel of the grace of God. He first attempts to preach that Jesus IS the Christ. That is what Paul first preaches and teaches when he approaches unbelieving Jews. If you cannot get a Jew to believe that Jesus is the Christ, then there is no way that you can proceed on to the gospel of the grace of God. Even though they are BOTH good news.

Nope on your first paragraph.

Acts 16:9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us.

16:10 And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

16:11 Therefore loosing from Troas, we came with a straight course to Samothracia, and the next day to Neapolis;

Acts 16:12 And from thence to Philippi, which is the chief city of that part of Macedonia, and a colony: and we were in that city abiding certain days.

Philippians 4:15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

4:16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

The actual sense is that when he left them after the time he had first been among them preaching and teaching among them, when he then moved on, only they - the Philippians - had taken up and giving him a collection that he might continue his work.

The beginning of the gospel there refers to the beginning of his work among them.

It does not refer to the beginning of when he first began preaching the gospel of the grace of God.

It refers to the beginning of his preaching and teaching among THEM.

Just a matter of following the WHOLE of the flow of Paul's thought.

Your second paragraph is fine - but for your having failed to add that Paul would follow that with Romans and Ephesians truth.

Unless you do not hold to that and hold instead either to the Acts 28er error, or to the Acts 9 / Acts 28 Hybrid error on that, held by some of your pals.

Acts 17: 11, 12 - in memory of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

God's Truth

Hi and since Peter preached to Cornelius , How was Cornelius saved ??

What does EKKLESIA mean ?

EK means out and KLESIA a calling !!

What does EKKLESIA then mean ??

Read what John says about the 12 apostles , They can REMIT SINS , in John 20:22 and 23 so are you doing what Jesus says to do ??

Or do you believe Matt 10:6-42 TYPE of DO'ER ??

dan p

All are saved the same way, by believing and obeying.

Acts10:2 He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.

Acts 10:22 The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to ask you to come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say."

Jesus saves those who do right and fear God.

DAN P

All are saved the same way, by believing and obeying.

Acts10:2 He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.

Acts 10:22 The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to ask you to come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say."

Jesus saves those who do right and fear God.

Hi and you are AVOIDING the Post #365 , WHY and are you another CALLOW type on TOL ??

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and you are AVOIDING the Post #365 , WHY and are you another CALLOW type on TOL ??

dan p

I am not avoiding anything.

After you being told that only those who do right are saved, what else would you like to know?

What do you mean by callow type?

Do you think trying to be insulting will help defend your false doctrines?

What else do you have if you don't have the truth.

Danoh

Hi and since WE KNOW that Israel has been set aside in Acts 13:46 and 18:6 and in 28:28 and in 2 Cor 3:13-15 WHY is Mark 16:16 mean when the Greek words SHALL BE AND THE gREEK WORD SHALL BE DAMNED in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , huhhhhhhhhh ??>

dan p

Israel was set aside in Uncircumcision EARLIER than that - at the end of Acts 7.

Paul was not saveable under their aspect of the gospel of Christ, Acts 2 and 3 - for BOTH he and they had blasphemed The Spirit....

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

That happened for the last time in Acts before God concluded them "Uncircumcision" in Acts 7, prior to Paul's conversion, in Acts 9.

Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people. 6:9 Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen. 6:10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake. 6:11 Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God. 6:12 And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council, 6:13 And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law: 6:14 For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us. 6:15 And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.

All that then followed all that ended with...

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Acts 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles. 8:2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him. 8:3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

All that was this...

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Acts 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Which is this...

Romans 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Which ONLY THEN ALLOWED FOR this...

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

All that only AFTER Israel (and Paul) were BOTH concluded "Uncircumcision" or "under sin with the Gentiles" at the end of Acts 7.

AFTER WHICH only THEN began that aspect of the gospel of Christ under which Paul himself was saved, and commissioned with - "the gospel of the UNCIRCUMCISION... among" BOTH Jew and Gentile as "heathen."

Which is why Paul went to BOTH and CONTINUED TO, in SEEMING contradiction to his agreement with James, Cephas and John, in Galatians 2.

Acts 17: 11, 12, Dan - in remembrance of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Danoh

Are Christ's words true?

As true as...

Genesis 6:14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

And as true as...

Deuteronomy 10:1 At that time the LORD said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.

Neither of which were TO you.

But your very question only made obvious to me once more that your very study approach itself is off.

Thus, what you only think you see.

Ask the wrong questions; arrive at the wrong conclusions.

Just ask the Hybrids; they're proven experts at asking the wrong questions. :chuckle:

Acts 17: 11, 12, turbo - in memory of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Right Divider

Body part

Are Christ's words true?
I can see your subtle form of lying.

Satan did NOT "use the details".... he CHANGED the words.

glorydaz

Are Christ's words true?

You should read that in context, then you'd see that He wasn't speaking of the same Gospel of Grace....but the one which had signs following.

Mark 16:15-20KJV
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.​

turbosixx

I can see your subtle form of lying.

Satan did NOT "use the details".... he CHANGED the words.

He used the details of God's words to confuse them and change the meaning of what he said.

I see it all the time. Although the bible never says faith alone saves, people will say so till they are red in the face. The bible plainly says faith alone is dead not saves.

It doesn't make sense to me to disbelieve what is clearly said based off of an understanding what other passages could possibly mean.

turbosixx

You should read that in context, then you'd see that He wasn't speaking of the same Gospel of Grace....but the one which had signs following.

Mark 16:15-20KJV
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.​

I understand the context and it doesn't change what gospel it is.

Do you understand what the signs were for?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He used the details of God's words to confuse them and change the meaning of what he said.

I see it all the time. Although the bible never says faith alone saves, people will say so till they are red in the face. The bible plainly says faith alone is dead not saves.

It doesn't make sense to me to disbelieve what is clearly said based off of an understanding what other passages could possibly mean.
The phrase "faith alone" may not be in the Bible, but "by grace are you saved through faith . . . not of works" is, which in addition to not contradicting what James said (faith alone is dead), it also doesn't say that works are necessary for salvation. And in fact, neither does the passage in James say that works are required for salvation, it's simply stating that works are a result of living faith.

turbosixx

Hi and since WE KNOW that Israel has been set aside

Those verses to do not say Israel was set aside.

After chapter 13, Paul continues to go into the synagogue in almost ever following chapter.

Paul says "I magnify my ministry 14 in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them."

That is not set aside, that is working harder to save them.

turbosixx

The phrase "faith alone" may not be in the Bible, but "by grace are you saved through faith . . . not of works" is, which in addition to not contradicting what James said (faith alone is dead), it also doesn't say that works are necessary for salvation. And in fact, neither does the passage in James say that works are required for salvation, it's simply stating that works are a result of living faith.

Yes, we are not saved by works but can someone be saved without works?

Why was the one talent man cast into outer darkness?

Right Divider

Body part
Firstly, the woman misquotes what God said (which she only heard second-hand from the man).

Gen 3:2-3 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:2) And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: (3:3) But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Secondly, this is what God actually said as recorded in scripture:

Gen 2:16-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:16) And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: (2:17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Thirdly, the serpent said:

Gen 3:4-5 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:4) And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (3:5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

That is NOT using the DETAILS of God's words.... it is the OPPOSITE of what God had said.

You will be terribly surprised when you present your works in order to receive the free gift. Your works will be rejected and you will be heading for the lake of fire.

No doubt you'll continue to cling to your own righteousness instead of accepting the righteousness of God.

turbosixx

Firstly, the woman misquotes what God said (which she only heard second-hand from the man).

(3:2) And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: (3:3) But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Yep, on their own not sticking to exactly what God said.

(2:16) And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: (2:17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Yes, very simple. Do not eat.

(3:4) And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (3:5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

That is NOT using the DETAILS of God's words.... it is the OPPOSITE of what God had said.
The details he used to confuse and entice were "knowing good and evil" which was true. He used that confusion to make "you shall surely die" false in their minds.

I point this out because I think it's important. I see the same thing today.
Saved by grace through faith and not by works does not say without works but if you listen to many people they will add alone after faith which is not what God's word says.

No doubt you'll continue to cling to your own righteousness instead of accepting the righteousness of God.

1 Jn. 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

Do you agree with God's word here?

popsthebuilder

You will be terribly surprised when you present your works in order to receive the free gift. Your works will be rejected and you will be heading for the lake of fire.

How do you get that submitting to the will of GOD due to the love of GOD that the receiver reciprocates through outward works as well as inwardly between them and GOD will be causal of one burning in hell?

How is that in line with the fact that GOD is merciful and just?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Right Divider

Body part
Yep, on their own not sticking to exactly what God said.

Yes, very simple. Do not eat.

The details he used to confuse and entice were "knowing good and evil" which was true. He used that confusion to make "you shall surely die" false in their minds.
No, he did not use the "details"... he said the opposite of what God said.

I point this out because I think it's important. I see the same thing today.
Saved by grace through faith and not by works does not say without works but if you listen to many people they will add alone after faith which is not what God's word says.
In the dispensation of the grace of God. It's saved first, works after.

Eph 2:8-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

In attempting to ADD works to grace you have nullified grace.

1 Jn. 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

Do you agree with God's word here?
I agree with ALL of God's Word. But I also know that the circumcision apostles were not the ones that God gave the dispensation of the grace of God. You will not find the doctrine for the dispensation of the grace of God anywhere but in Paul's epistles.