Question for Bob Hill: Rewards

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Sozo, that is enough. Have some time off for a while.

Thx for deleting the offensive post and the discipline.

For the record, I was not attacking his wife, but speaking generically about the strengths and weaknesses of home schooling (I did not know she home schools?). Last time his wife was attacked, I was the first to defend her and state that she no doubt has integrity and seemed like an angel. Sozo said she must be to put up with him.

If sozo misunderstood my comments, I ask his forgiveness, but this was not my motive or belief to talk about her.

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Col 3:23,24 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.

The more we live for the Lord, the greater our reward willl be.

Bob

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
I think we have a pretty definitive statement in 2 Timothy about what our reward will be and whether we will be close to getting it.

Here it is, with my comments. 2 Ti 2:10 “Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.”

The elect are those who are already saved. Therefore, Paul is enduring these things for their sake. He wants them to obtain not just salvation, which will be great, but he wants them to obtain the salvation with eternal glory.

That eternal glory is reigning with Him. just think, reigning with Him forever and ever.

Looking forward to be with Him,
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
2 Ti 2:11 This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him.
Here is a first class condition in this section of 2 Timothy.

This means, if we fulfill the matter in the protasis, we get the matter in the apodosis.

We did die with Him according to Rom 6:3-11. So we know that we are going to live with Him.

Now, the question is, what kind of life are we going to have when we’re with Him. Are we just going to be there? That wouldn’t be bad. Or are we going to be reigning with Him?

We seem to think lightly of this now, but what will we thing when we stand before Him?

Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Now here are some more the first class conditions.
2 Ti 2:12 If we endure, we shall also reign (I think, reign with Him as kings) with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

How much endurance?

It doesn’t say. But that’s the big question.

I don’t think there can be many lapses, but we know God is merciful. But, He’s also fair.

So when it says “If we deny Him, He also will deny us”, I think, although we will be in heaven, that means He will deny us reigning with Him if we deny Him by our life or the way we treat His word.

What do you think?

Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Once we trust Christ as our Savior, we see that it says in 2 Ti 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

Once we have trusted Christ as our Savior and received Him as our savior, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit and our salvation is not on the line. After we really believed, even if we become faithless (This word has a number of meanings. Here’s BGD edited: 1. disbelieve, refuse to believe - a. Mk 16:11; Lk 24:41. refused to believe Ac 28:24; someone Lk 24:11. b. the relig. sense Mk 16:16. the unbelievers of pagans and Jews 1 Pt 2:7. 2. be unfaithful Ro 3:3; 2 Ti 2:13.). No matter what, we have eternal security. We cannot lose our salvation. He cannot deny the body of Christ.

Wow!!!
So, let’s live for Him.
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
The next aspect we must consider is found in 2 Ti 2:14,15.

Here, we’ll see that we must not strive about words for no reason, and we must rightly divide the God’s word.
What does that really mean?

Paul told Timothy what he should do.
2 Ti 2:14,15 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. 15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

If we don’t “rightly dividing the word of truth”, we would have to send out a message of legalism.

The dispensation of grace is unique.

God called Abraham to be the father of circumcision.

Because many Christian people do not study the Word of God, it looks as though many will lose their reward because of bad theology.

I’m not sure to what extent this is true, but it doesn’t look good for all the lip sayers out there.

Bob Hill

Trent

Bob, I just wanted to let you know that your view on 2 Timothy 2:12-13 I agree with(or at least what I read on this post). The rewards we may not totally understand, but God does not do small. :) He is faithful even when we suck. Sorry, have been unable to keep up on all of the activity on these boards.

lightninboy

I’ll soon be free from every trial,
My body sleep in the churchyard;
I’ll drop the cross of self denial
And enter on my great reward.
I’m going there to see my Savior,
To sing His praise forevermore.
I’m only going over Jordan,
I’m only going over home.

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
What was the idea for the name of this thread, Question for Bob Hill: Rewards Internet Explorer?

Bob Hill