Question for Bob Hill: Rewards

God_Is_Truth

I'm interested on this subject as well. I've always heard people say that we will one day receive rewards, but i've never heard them agree as to what those rewards are, or who gets them.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
God_Is_Truth said:
I'm interested on this subject as well. I've always heard people say that we will one day receive rewards, but i've never heard them agree as to what those rewards are, or who gets them.
not sure what they are, but I believe who gets them is, at least partially, based on your works and what you did on earth.

** waiting to see Bob's response....**

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Hey guys I just discovered this and it's time for me to go to bed. I'll try to get back to it tomorrow.

Bob Hill

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
Ive heard this before, and i always say i dont care about the rewards as long as iam in heaven..Wouldnt you agree?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Jabez said:
Ive heard this before, and i always say i dont care about the rewards as long as iam in heaven..Wouldnt you agree?
Well, if you attempt to do things just so you can get rewards in heaven I'd say your motivation is wrong. Your actions should be based on your love of God and your desire to please Him and bring Him glory.

and as far as not caring about rewards, it is ETERNITY, some rewards might be nice! :D

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
...and this is the point of the thread:

How would you know they are nice?
well, that comment was partly just joking, but...

I guess I think they're nice because they are rewards. I generally think of them as good and given the context and how they are used in the bible I think they're good. I guess the possibility of some sort of punishment isn't precluded either though. I have heard a teaching that the place of "weeping and gnashing of teeth" that is spoken of in the bible is actually in heaven.

Sozo

kmoney said:
well, that comment was partly just joking, but...

I gathered that, but I am anxious to hear what Bob says, because I have never heard anyone give a credible answer about these so-called rewards.

I'm not sure that most people understand my question about how you would know that they are rewards, other than the fact that you are told they are.

I don't see how it is posssible to perceive value after we have been delivered from the flesh.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
I gathered that, but I am anxious to hear what Bob says, because I have never heard anyone give a credible answer about these so-called rewards.

I'm not sure that most people understand my question about how you would know that they are rewards, other than the fact that you are told they are.

I don't see how it is posssible to perceive value after we have been delivered from the flesh.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what Bob says....

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:

God is the most valuable being in the universe. The people of God have value. God perceives value. Value is not a fleshly thing. We should be able to perceive and understand value even more on the other side when we see things from God's perspective.

We know that there are rewards. We know we will cast our crowns at His feet since He gets all the glory. The exact nature of the rewards is speculative since Scripture is not explicit about them.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
There are a myriad of true theological or philosophical concepts that do not have proof texts.

Do you speak English?

Do you think your car is more valuable than the perfect being of God. We worship or ascribe worth to Him because He is the most valuable, worthy being in the universe. This is due to His inherent, perfect, uncreated nature (Rev. 4).

We are in the image of God (Gen. 1). This is why we have more value or worth (sanctity of life, etc.) than a piece of dirt.

Some concepts are self-evident.

JWs are famous for stringing together proof texts to support specious ideas. Are you sure all your concepts have an explicit chapter and verse?

I know. All the great thinkers in the Church have been wrong, and you alone articulate the faith perfectly.

WDIEB? :bang:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
You are failing miserably, godrulz.

Can you at least define the word value?

Google it or look in the dictionary. I think value has something to do with worth. God is the most valuable being in the universe because He is the perfect uncreated Creator. His value is the basis for our obligation to love, serve, and worship Him. If God knew of a more valuable being, He would tell us to worship that being. His worth and value are due to His inherent character and attributes. Are you saying God is worthless? Value has different meanings. Surely one of them should not sound foreign to you in a theological context. Value obligates. If God had no value, He would have no authority to command worship and obedience. Winkie Pratney, Finney, and others will help you understand this biblical concept.

You really have no right to demand answers from me. You lost your right with your constant attack of my Christian experience (worse than Hitler, Satan worshipper, etc.).

Feel free to put me on ignore. You waste my time and others with your narrow mind. If you hope to teach and influence, perhaps you should be more teachable.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
:baby:

Then keep your your ignorant godless comments to yourself!

You obviously have no argument, and so you refuse to answer simple questions. Just butt out, loser.

I answered your questions but do not have time to give you a doctoral thesis on the subject. You nit pick without thinking. Value is an elementary concept. Why make a mountain out of a molehill?

My comments are for those with a better attitude. Simply put me on ignore and you will decrease your stress, Mr. Knowitall. :zoomin:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
Did you read the title of this thread...

Does it say ANYTHING about being a question for godrulz?

You don't even know the meaning of the word value, and yet you are certain that the rewards in heaven have value, even though you don't know what those rewards are.

You are an idiot.

Does it ask for sozo's peanut gallery to comment? This is an open forum. We all contribute as we wait for Bob's contribution. Perhaps you can learn from his wisdom, character, and humility when others disagree with him. Secure people are more patient with losers like myself.

What is your understanding of value, wiseone? The word 'reward' is used in the NT. Perhaps you should do your homework.

elected4ever

The rewards in heaven are those things received by those who have received life.

I bought a Ford car and as a result I received according to what the Ford car has to offer. That is not a very good analogy but if one receives life (salvation) they receive according to what the life has to offer.

If one receives life they receive

1.righteousness
2.Peace
3.Eternal existence
4.love
5. joy

and on and on goes the list.

1 Corinthians 2:9 *But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 *But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 *For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 *Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 *Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 *But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 *But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 *For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.