Protecting Yourself With The Law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Here is one thing that I am aware of, that is not good. I do not want to do this. To obey in truth is one thing. To protect yourself with the Law is another.

If I say that I obey God or preach the Law (even not to the exclusion of grace) and it protects me because people think good of me or it prevents people from seeing sin in me, that is not good. Hopefully there is no sin to begin with. I have wrestled in my life with how the one who is born of God does not sin, and yet a person is a liar if they say that they have not sinned. So I have just repented of any sin that I do not know of, though it would be better to repent of sin that I know of or to not have sin to begin with, which may be the case unless there is past sin that has still not been repented of. I do not know what pretense is in regard to the law. Is this when someone preaches the law but does so to cover up sin? That is not and would not be good. But if you observe and teach the Law, even Torah, that is good. I believe that God and Jesus want us to do so. Yeshua, Jesus, taught the following.

Matthew 5:17-20​

So I guess this is just me recognizing that the Law is not to propt someone up. I know this, but I am saying it because it is in agreement with what I am already saying, even if it is a new thought. If a person preaches the Law and does not admit to personal sin or error, what then? Perhaps this is what we should do, for it is the Law and not us that is being talked about. But if you obey God's commands it is easier to teach them. So I endeavor to continue obeying God's commands and teach them to others so that they can experience the blessing of God found in observance of God's commands, observance of the Law, observance of Torah, that I have found. There are 613 Commandments in Torah, and they are no less God's commands even when a person has been found to be transgressing, or to have transgressed, any one of them. So, we should preach the Law, God's Law, Torah, not without grace, but in truth.

May you have faith in God and understand His grace and obey Him, obey His commandments, in truth, without pretense, whatever pretense is.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

Here is one thing that I am aware of, that is not good. I do not want to do this. To obey in truth is one thing. To protect yourself with the Law is another.

If I say that I obey God or preach the Law (even not to the exclusion of grace) and it protects me because people think good of me or it prevents people from seeing sin in me, that is not good. Hopefully there is no sin to begin with. I have wrestled in my life with how the one who is born of God does not sin, and yet a person is a liar if they say that they have not sinned. So I have just repented of any sin that I do not know of, though it would be better to repent of sin that I know of or to not have sin to begin with, which may be the case unless there is past sin that has still not been repented of. I do not know what pretense is in regard to the law. Is this when someone preaches the law but does so to cover up sin? That is not and would not be good. But if you observe and teach the Law, even Torah, that is good. I believe that God and Jesus want us to do so. Yeshua, Jesus, taught the following.

Matthew 5:17-20​

So I guess this is just me recognizing that the Law is not to propt someone up. I know this, but I am saying it because it is in agreement with what I am already saying, even if it is a new thought. If a person preaches the Law and does not admit to personal sin or error, what then? Perhaps this is what we should do, for it is the Law and not us that is being talked about. But if you obey God's commands it is easier to teach them. So I endeavor to continue obeying God's commands and teach them to others so that they can experience the blessing of God found in observance of God's commands, observance of the Law, observance of Torah, that I have found. There are 613 Commandments in Torah, and they are no less God's commands even when a person has been found to be transgressing, or to have transgressed, any one of them. So, we should preach the Law, God's Law, Torah, not without grace, but in truth.

May you have faith in God and understand His grace and obey Him, obey His commandments, in truth, without pretense, whatever pretense is.

Shalom.

Jacob

There is a liberty in being delivered from the law. There is peace and assurance that comes with that liberty. You are willingly putting yourself under bondage...you wrestle and wrestle. :sigh:

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?​

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is a liberty in being delivered from the law. There is peace and assurance that comes with that liberty. You are willingly putting yourself under bondage...you wrestle and wrestle. :sigh:

Galatians 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?​

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.​
Shalom.

My understanding is that if you are a law breaker or a transgressor then you are under the law.

I do not consider myself to be under the Law. I do observe Torah. The wrestling is not personal. I imagine that people wrestle with the Law, but they should submit themselves to God.

The Law, God's Law, is to be obeyed. It is not to be ignored. When someone breaks God's law they are under it. If they keep God's law then they are not under it. To be under the Law is to be under condemnation. That is how I understand it.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

My understanding is that if you are a law breaker or a transgressor then you are under the law.

I do not consider myself to be under the Law. I do observe Torah. The wrestling is not personal. I imagine that people wrestle with the Law, but they should submit themselves to God.

The Law, God's Law, is to be obeyed. It is not to be ignored. When someone breaks God's law they are under it. If they keep God's law then they are not under it. To be under the Law is to be under condemnation. That is how I understand it.

Shalom.

Jacob

Well, you can be sure you aren't keeping it, since, when Jesus came, He magnified it to include your every thought.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

You know the law Paul referred to no longer exists, right?

The Judaism of today was created in Babylon.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You know the law Paul referred to no longer exists, right?

The Judaism of today was created in Babylon.
Shalom.

Torah was before Babylon, but you may be trying to escape from God's law.

What law did Paul refer to? Because, I keep the Law.

Shalom.

Jacob

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

Insightful comment.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Torah was before Babylon, but you may be trying to escape from God's law.

What law did Paul refer to? Because, I keep the Law.

You say you keep Torah, but you don't. Nothing can be added to or deleted from Torah.

You don't do what Torah required, and you can't.

Did you not get the memo about the temple being destroyed and the priesthood laid off?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh, so you are without sin as our Lord was?
Shalom.

I have sinned in my life. The one who is born of God does not sin. And I believe that I am born of God. I also still believe that if I do sin I have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. But I do not know how these go together. I can still learn here. I do not believe that it is sin to do so. Is it the unregenerate or those who are not born again that might still sin?

If I sin, I can confess it to God and ask for forgiveness from God and man, making things right however necessary.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You say you keep Torah, but you don't. Nothing can be added to or deleted from Torah.

You don't do what Torah required, and you can't.

Did you not get the memo about the temple being destroyed and the priesthood laid off?
Shalom.

I believe that there are some things that you do not understand. My question for you is if you obey God.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

I have sinned in my life. The one who is born of God does not sin. And I believe that I am born of God. I also still believe that if I do sin I have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. But I do not know how these go together. I can still learn here. I do not believe that it is sin to do so. Is it the unregenerate or those who are not born again that might still sin?

If I sin, I can confess it to God and ask for forgiveness from God and man, making things right however necessary.

Shalom.

Jacob

How about no longer being under the law but under grace? You seem to want your cake and eat it, too?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How about no longer being under the law but under grace? You seem to want your cake and eat it, too?
Shalom.

I am under grace. But I am a Jew and Jesus was born under the law. Under the law has meant different things to different people. It may not be the same in every instance in the Bible. I once understood it to mean under condemnation.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

I am under grace. But I am a Jew and Jesus was born under the law. Under the law has meant different things to different people. It may not be the same in every instance in the Bible. I once understood it to mean under condemnation.

Shalom.

Jacob

How can that be if Jesus was born under the law....yet was not under condemnation of the law?